Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Sorry, got mixed up.
    So are we still on for the JtR tour on the Wednesday or earlier?
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Yup, Wednesday I reckon.
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Yup, Wednesday I reckon.
        WooHoo!! I'll let my bestie know - we'll keep Wednesday night free.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
          But I have very few un-offensive interesting things to say! Lol

I'll pick a picture, but my being anal problems requires me to go through them ALL first... and there're a few...
          You can say the offensive things and I shall just have the badge standing by.

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
          you should hear some of the contingency plans we had for getting from london to Vancouver if the ash clouds had persisted. I distinctly remember a plane trains and automobiles scheme to get us all to a working airport in southern france from where we could fly to the American continant. Hell you can actually drive but you have to go the long way and go far enough north that the sea is frozen to get you into alsaka...Or there was the back up plan...And I quote "The queen mary sails from southampton and arrives in New york on the 15th July..." The person who said that had even gone as far to get quotes fro tickets... Oh happy times...

Becks
          LOL! Gabit Central--prepared for anything!

Ok, so who is keen to do the traditional Jack the Ripper tour and Musical nights?
          Won't make plans until I know if my nephew if coming or not but may join you if I end up on my own.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          If you'd had to land in the midwest I would have helped navigate you to vancouver. Only 33 hour drive from Kansas
          Practically next door.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post

...but I'd potentially be up for a ghost walk if someone wanted to do that instead ... just a thought to toss in the mix!
            Let me talk to the ladies I'm traveling with and see if the Ghost Walk is good with them for Wednesday evening. Definitely don't want to do the JtR walk as twice is more than enough for me.

Looks like the 'Ghosts, Gaslight & Guinness' walk at 7:30 might be one to do.

London Ghost Walks

Oh and we're leaning toward seeing Wicked on Thursday. If you're inclined, more the merrier!

Comment

Eh-T - badge wha??

Comment

Very slightly hijacking the planning process to say... I might be able to be in London for AT6 earlier than just the weekend... because I finally heard from the university I applied to (Portsmouth) and I got an unconditional offer. Provided I can overcome the (many and daunting) logistical hurdles between me and a postgraduate education, I'll be living less than two hours from London by the time AT6 rolls around.

Incidentally, it'll be really good timing. I've been told it takes about a month for the serious homesickness and culture shock to set in, which means I'll be badly in need of a bunch of familiar faces right about the time everyone starts showing up for the convention. Happy times!

Comment

Cel: I'm pretty sure I've done the 'Ghosts of the Old City' tour with them - it was full of cool random facts, as well as the obligatory spooky ghost stories

Mayo: Erm ... are you aiming for amusing, or do you honestly not know the power of the badge when wielded by Eh-T?

Trin: Congrats! That's excellent (albeit somewhat scary, logistically-speaking) news Will you be staying in residence or in a flat? At Durham they had a residence set aside specifically for international grad students, where about a third of the rooms were Brits, and the rest were helping each other through the joys of homesickness
                  ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                  ames on facebook
                  ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Sticker SHOCK!

Trying to book a ticket on Delta for AT6. I have lots of miles so I usually pay for the economy ticket and upgrade to business class so I can stretch out my legs. (Aging can be a nuisance!). Normally that requires me to buy a slightly more expensive coach ticket to do this. Usually if you get a ticket for around $800 to 900 it would cost me about $1200. Well shocker time....they want about $3400.00 now for that ticket. Ah excuse me, but what? For a November flight! That is getting ridiculous. I have to have that extra leg room....my poor old knees will lock up on me or make it so I can barely walk. Man, talk about ripping people off. If I can't find a better deal, I may not be able to go.... Just going to have to wait until after the Olympics and see what fares are like then. Hard to justify paying so much money for just airfare!
                    sigpic

Comment

When I check airfares, I always check/book on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday because the fares are listed cheaper than on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or federal holidays. I have compared the days and what a difference....

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Sticker SHOCK!

Trying to book a ticket on Delta for AT6. I have lots of miles so I usually pay for the economy ticket and upgrade to business class so I can stretch out my legs. (Aging can be a nuisance!). Normally that requires me to buy a slightly more expensive coach ticket to do this. Usually if you get a ticket for around $800 to 900 it would cost me about $1200. Well shocker time....they want about $3400.00 now for that ticket. Ah excuse me, but what? For a November flight! That is getting ridiculous. I have to have that extra leg room....my poor old knees will lock up on me or make it so I can barely walk. Man, talk about ripping people off. If I can't find a better deal, I may not be able to go.... Just going to have to wait until after the Olympics and see what fares are like then. Hard to justify paying so much money for just airfare!
                        just buy 2 tickets. it's cheaper and you can stretch out if you have 2 seats. also, you get 2 free pieces of luggage that way.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                          just buy 2 tickets. it's cheaper and you can stretch out if you have 2 seats. also, you get 2 free pieces of luggage that way.
                          Never knew you could buy 2 ticket for one person....but does it really give you more leg room....that is my big problem and I'm only 5'4"!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            Never knew you could buy 2 ticket for one person....but does it really give you more leg room....that is my big problem and I'm only 5'4"!
                            sure, sit a little sideways and that gives you room. you could even put your legs up.the arm rest goes up so there's plenty room.

Comment

Thanks Mocha, I'll keep that in mind. Looks like I'll have to wait to buy the tickets....right now they seem to be getting more expensive! I'll check in September and hopefully they will be less.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                                Trin: Congrats! That's excellent (albeit somewhat scary, logistically-speaking) news Will you be staying in residence or in a flat? At Durham they had a residence set aside specifically for international grad students, where about a third of the rooms were Brits, and the rest were helping each other through the joys of homesickness
                                They have studio flats available for postgraduate students in the same building where the undergrads live, and though I have no details available right now, they say they also have a number of landlords willing to rent out a single room in a house their family already lives in, which the university says they sometimes recommend for international students because it can make adapting to the culture easier, and it's cheaper than university housing. I haven't put much effort into deciding because it's still too early in the application process to see what's available for next year anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X