No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, just received my confirmation for payment. Only took a week exactly to the day that I had the wire sent out. Good news is that apparently once again there was no shortage or overage on my payment.

Room booked with roomie and might be buying my airfare by next month since I keep seeing some great prices. Then the real fun begins with all the side-trip/sightseeing plotting.

Originally posted by shinaynay View Post
    I'd hope so because it went for $9,100. Which is jaw-droppingly amazing.
    Okay, I'm impressed. Go S4K!

OTT

Spoiler:
    It's snoooooooooooooooowing! Supposed to get up to 10 inches. Gonna be a fun weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
      I reckon I could FedEx you for less than that
      LOL! I once had a client who had himself couriered! He and his wife were meeting my partner and I for lunch. She picked me up and he thought he was getting a ride with my partner. However, my partner thought the client was going with us so he left on his own. The client was at the office without a ride when I courier showed up delivering a letter. he asked the courier how much he would charge to deliver a package. The courier gave him the price and he said "OK, by the way, I'm the package". The courier delivered him to our lunch destination!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        That's great news for S4K! I hope the winners enjoy their lunch.

Soooo...February is approaching, are we still planning to do another "fangirl" (cringes at name ) house?
        There is a currently a house being built called The Sanctuary that Julia started if that's any help

Comment

Originally posted by t_2 View Post
          There is a currently a house being built called The Sanctuary that Julia started if that's any help
          Thanks. Before Julia started her wonderful campaign (or maybe just before I heard about it--I'm a luddite and the grapevine works a bit slower than twitter) I had already committed to help build the first fangirl house. Then there was talk of a second fangirl house. I was planning to contribute to both The Sanctuary and the next fangirl house.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

EH-T-- I would love for there to be another fangirl house, but I'm wondering if the well has been overdrawn? Anyone have any thoughts?
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Done.

I'm going to email them

Comment

My travel plans are coming together nicely. Up to mischief.

Learning another language

Spoiler:
                Namaste.
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Payment confirmation received. Hotel booked. Flights are still not at any sort of reasonable price so I am going to wait it out a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                    Payment confirmation received. Hotel booked. Flights are still not at any sort of reasonable price so I am going to wait it out a bit.
                    If you're flying from Canada or the northern half of the US (excepting east coast), you should also keep an eye on Air Canada. Vancouver and Calgary are both nicer to fly out of than Toronto (IMO), but Toronto is nicer than most of the major US hubs for lack of crowding. Air Canada has sales sometimes that easily make them the cheapest airline and they recently (yay!) got included on Travelocity.com for searching lots of airlines.

Comment

I found Aer Lingus to be verrry cheap. If your city is one they fly into/out of, then you'll get a great deal. All taxes and fees are included as well so worth checking out.

Comment

There are 3 houses that I am aware of that are being built - #TheSanctuary, #GlobalSanctuary & #Castle.
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Yay! My AT6 payment arrived safely and seems to have managed to avoid hidden fees. I love my tiny little credit union. They do international wire transfers so rarely that it's not a formality when they ask me to review the paperwork before they send it, but they've pulled it off perfectly every time I've tried it.

Comment

i googled bus travel to wales and there is one. they take scooters as long as they can be broken down to store underneath. have to look into this some more. i may get to wales yet!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Looking for a place to stay that is more central than the Ren for the first part of my trip which (hopefully) will be sightseeing with the nephew. I have checked into the hotel where Lies, Chelle and I stayed two trips ago but am wondering if anyone has any other recommendations.

DD, Mandy, and I stayed at the St. Giles Hotel and it was nice and not too expensive.
                              Mandy said she PMed you a link.
                              Last edited by JanSam; 12 January 2012, 07:11 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

wow, i think i'm going to wales. the bus has 18 outbound and 17 inbound trips a day. £ 35 round trip. they take my scooter in luggage. sounds like a good deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X