GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

43 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Welcome Azeleen!

You have chosen wisely. This is a G-R-E-A-T con! (I would say the best!) This will be my 3rd con where GABIT have organised. They are terrific!!! You will really enjoy the weekend hugely and will make great friendships. I know I have.

Welcome again

S'n'T
      "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
      Sara O' Neill's father;
      COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Azeleen View Post
        LOL, you're playing on semantics too, i see LOL
        Well, can't wait to discover how abnormal you are then
        Oh, there are people on this thread who will be happy to tell you how abnormal I am.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Oh, there are people on this thread who will be happy to tell you how abnormal I am.
          *iz starting to wonder what I've got myself into*

Comment

Just throwing this out for any that might need it. I found it very helpful last year getting from the airport to the Ren myself.

Hopper Bus

If your able to drag/carry your luggage a short distance, make you way completely out of the airport and to the Central Bus Station. It's really quite close and if in doubt as to where it's at, just ask anyone and they can point it out. I had to do this last year. Once there, you can board any of the 'free' buses that pass the Ren (105,111,140.285,555,556,557) and save yourself the 4 pounds that they charge for the Hotel Hoppa. They're fairly regular too (I think every 15/20 min or so).
            Last edited by Celandine; 01 October 2009, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I don't know, you're pretty good at bouncing.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              No way! Haha, even if we have to hook you up to a motorbike engine. Haha, this could get dangerous.
              Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
              Doood...Julia's top speed is pretty nippy already I had to jog to catch her up a few times during the race for life and we were overtaking people all the way round. She is not off the hook
              Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              ...I can just see it now...Julia bouncing along the track. We should rig her chair up with a lift kit, mud tyres, a winch and snatch strap...and clearance lights!!! We'll pimp her ride!!!
              With two brothers who both drive big rigs for a living and a family of four wheel drive enthusiasts...I can't help it.
              Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
              Lordy! Don't encourage the girl! She'll be using the Mall as a drag-strip!

Mumsey
              (Thinking that London should batten down the hatches when this lot get into town!)
              Hahahaha! *does wheel spins* hopefully I'll have my new wheelchair before I leave for London...the all-terrain model! Hehehe!

Although I won't arrive till Thursday afternoon and leave again Monday morning, so no sight seeing for me this time. One day I will see London and maybe visit the West End. I hope.

And welcome Azeleen!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                Just throwing this out for any that might need it. I found it very helpful last year getting from the airport to the Ren myself.

Hopper Bus

If your able to drag/carry your luggage a short distance, make you way completely out of the airport and to the Central Bus Station. It's really quite close and if in doubt as to where it's at, just ask anyone and they can point it out. I had to do this last year. Once there, you can board any of the 'free' buses that pass the Ren (105,111,140.285,555,556,557) and save yourself the 4 pounds that they charge for the Hotel Hoppa. They're fairly regular too (I think every 15/20 min or so).
                I used this bus as well, and found it really easy - clearly signposted to the bus station, buses clearly numbered, driver happy to point out the hotel if you don't know where you're going. Definitely worth using if you're watching your costs.

Alison

Comment

Cause I'm still on summerholiday, hubby and I spend today cleaning our house and mostly throwing out junk. Chelle, you're maybe happy to know the room you'll be staying in is now all ready for you It had piles and piles of fanfic I collected over the years, I sorted it all and put it in binders. So you can still have your fanfic fix, I'm sure there'll be something in there you haven't read before

Now, I must pack to go to Haven tomorrow .. my 3td con lol, I definitely remember saying that AT3 would be my one and only convention

Tx for the info on the bus Cel! I took that one at AT3, we had some problem finding the right bus, but in the end we did.

For the AT4 abnormall ball ... I'm so not dressing up, but might wear my SQUEE shirt. Maybe the other girls are game as well? Antoa and Meg??
                  sigpic

Comment

or get to the tube station, take it to....haddington cross (?), then there's a free bus that'll get you to the hotel. (number 271 maybe?)
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                      For the AT4 abnormall ball ... I'm so not dressing up, but might wear my SQUEE shirt. Maybe the other girls are game as well? Antoa and Meg??
                      Sure, why not

Comment

Originally posted by Azeleen View Post
                        LOL, you're playing on semantics too, i see LOL
                        Well, can't wait to discover how abnormal you are then
                        Yes there are indeed people on this thread who will be happy to tell you how abnormal EH-T is.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                        Originally posted by antoa View Post
                        Sure, why not
                        A triple-headed Squeee!! Has been known to fell a thousand polar bears.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                          Yes there are indeed people on this thread who will be happy to tell you how abnormal EH-T is.
                          *raises hand*

A triple-headed Squeee!! Has been known to fell a thousand polar bears.
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            Will you be at SE?
                            Yep....

J.x.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              I haven't even got my list completed for what I need to pack. I am soooo not ready...not near ready and I have 19 days to get ready!
                              Not sure what to wear to the cocktail thing though...might throw in the skirt and top I wore to my cousin's wedding...that ought to do it.

But of course!! Are we not all abnormals? No need to get dressed up in anything fancy...just come as the abby you are!!
                              Lol, I studied tourism, so the part of humanity that needs to have everything planned and all is really deeply anchored in me xD.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                              Be afraid. Be very afraid.
                              Never ! Mwahaha (are you sure you're not the ones that should be afraid... of me? Nah, SG1 & Amanda & everything fans are too awesome to be feared

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                              43 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Yeaaaaaaaah, although I still wonder which one of SE or MTM I'll try and go, cuz I definitely want to one of them... But I can't only afford one on 2 *iz unemployed at the moment*

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
                              Welcome Azeleen!

You have chosen wisely. This is a G-R-E-A-T con! (I would say the best!) This will be my 3rd con where GABIT have organised. They are terrific!!! You will really enjoy the weekend hugely and will make great friendships. I know I have.

Welcome again

S'n'T
                              I know right ! *bounces* A few weeks before the event I didn't even know about it (thanks rerun marathons of Stargate and my undying curiosity that got me informed right in time LOL). But everyone's been lovely so far, there are so many I wanna meet *re-bounces*

Oh yeah? Really? You think? *grins*

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              *iz starting to wonder what I've got myself into*

Don't be afraid, we got your back ha ha

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

Hopper Bus

And here's to those who need to use the Underground Tube or anything like that, if you're unfamiliar with the system. Trindajae put it today on Gabit's board:
                              Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by Trindajae
                              Originally posted by Aeryn
                              Thanks. Now I have both the internet detail and your local experience. *happy *
                              Yet another reason to love this forum: Helpful people.

And I can't remember if I mentioned this link somewhere, but it made my mom happier to be able to watch the videos and somebody else might like it, too:

Guide to the Oyster Card

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                              Hahahaha! *does wheel spins* hopefully I'll have my new wheelchair before I leave for London...the all-terrain model! Hehehe!

Although I won't arrive till Thursday afternoon and leave again Monday morning, so no sight seeing for me this time. One day I will see London and maybe visit the West End. I hope.

And welcome Azeleen!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              Ow, honey, you got my twitter, and my email's adress' on the Gabit board. if you ever need a host or anything like that, or a guide to Belgium/Northern France (if it's okay with my mother, the farthest she goes for a host is the Mt St Michel. Anyway, if it ever is in your plans to be done, let me know. From Normandy to Amsterdam, and Köln, anything's possible from here lol. Thanks for the welcoming, dear ^^

Originally posted by LeeFraser View Post
                              I used this bus as well, and found it really easy - clearly signposted to the bus station, buses clearly numbered, driver happy to point out the hotel if you don't know where you're going. Definitely worth using if you're watching your costs.

Alison
                              Thanks for reassuring me xD

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              or get to the tube station, take it to....haddington cross (?), then there's a free bus that'll get you to the hotel. (number 271 maybe?)
                              Please check this journey planner ^^ . You may put "The Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel" as a "place of interest" and it will give you possibilities and lines of buses you may use .
                              http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...T2?language=en

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                              I don't know if want your word for it or if I should wait to see for myself haha

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              *raises hand*
                              *grins*

Originally posted by JennS View Post
                              Yep....

J.x.
                              Darling, how are you doing? It's been a while ^^

Comment

You rang?
                                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                                Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X