GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    There's only one other item where that happened...twice...all three retractions due to "wrong amount entered".
    I'm surprised that the reserve is so high for the luncheon...at $3550, the reserve has not been met...wonder what the reserve is.
    I hadn't noticed that. Interesting. I thought it was a pretty good price for the lunch. They do have to consider that it doesn't include a set tour like the past lunches. They also have to consider that it resricts the bidders to those attending the con or who live relatively close.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    Just a shame I won't be there to keep an eye on you at AT6.
    I know. without you there I shall surely run amok.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      I hadn't noticed that. Interesting. I thought it was a pretty good price for the lunch. They do have to consider that it doesn't include a set tour like the past lunches. They also have to consider that it resricts the bidders to those attending the con or who live relatively close.

Run Amok! Oh we can't have that!
      sigpic

Comment

Airfares: I noticed that the fees etc were actually higher than the cost of the ticket. Mocha was that $209 one way? The best I could find was $700 round trip including all fees. Of course I used some of my frequent flier miles also.

I plan to be in the UK sometime in the middle of October until after AT6. Can't wait So excited; WoHoo!!!!

Comment

So jealous of your airfares, you northen hemisphere lot! Of course, I have a stopover on the way
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Ticket paid for, flights booked and hotel room booked.
            Is it time to pack yet?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Don't you always do that?

>this is my innocent face<

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                Ticket paid for, flights booked and hotel room booked.
                Is it time to pack yet?
                you may want to wait a few weeks to do that. don't want to rush things.

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                  Airfares: I noticed that the fees etc were actually higher than the cost of the ticket. Mocha was that $209 one way? The best I could find was $700 round trip including all fees. Of course I used some of my frequent flier miles also.

I plan to be in the UK sometime in the middle of October until after AT6. Can't wait So excited; WoHoo!!!!
                  the $209 was one way on American. it was the cheapest of the 5 that i checked.

Comment

just looked again and the flight is $102, but the return flight is $495.

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                      Don't you always do that?

>this is my innocent face<
                      *blinks*
                      Does the innocent face work for you?
                      Perhaps I should switch to that instead of the halo bit... honestly, I don't know where I've picked up this reputation of mine!
                      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                      ames on facebook
                      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

*Bounces in*

My tickets are paid for, the hotel is booked! Yay!! Can't book the train for a months yet.

I've been looking into the Heathrow express for getting in to visit central London on the Friday, has anybody else used it before?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Has it's moments Ames hahahaha

Don't envy you lot the travelling bit. Dragon Con SRSLY screwed me up sleep-wise!

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                            *Bounces in*

My tickets are paid for, the hotel is booked! Yay!! Can't book the train for a months yet.

I've been looking into the Heathrow express for getting in to visit central London on the Friday, has anybody else used it before?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            Hi Julia

Although a little pricy - the HE is probably the most convenient (and certainly swiftest way) to get into central London. It pops you out at Paddington station which has several elevators and a footbridge (with elevator access to get onto it). You can follow signs to buses just outside the terminal and they will also all have wheelchair access - so with a bit of research you will probably find that they can take you to many of the sights you wish to see
                            sigpic

Comment

Comment

yup, the heathrow express made it so easy for me to travel all over. and i was totyally alone, nobody with me and it all worked out pretty good. much cheaper than taxis to london.

seems the disappearing post gremlin was busy again.

Comment

Working...
                                X