No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying for my friend and me tomoz (one international transfer fee beats 2 ). Yay!
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      306 days til AT6 Ripples!

Or 305 days if you live in the future!
      It isn't happening any sooner for us We still have to wait until AT6 UK time
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I LIKE MY COUNTDOWN...300 DAYS TILL I JUMP THE PUDDLE(I THINK)
        got the ok from the neighbor who takes care of my mom and diabetic dog so that is a relief.

AA had flights for $86, but checked today and they jumpoed up to $209. darn! will have to check them a couple times a day, maybe they'll try to sneak a lower fee in there for a short time and i'll be ready for them.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          It isn't happening any sooner for us We still have to wait until AT6 UK time
          I know but this darn countdown on my phone keeps telling me otherwise.
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

just looking at flights prices...american air starts at $209 and all the others were $389 and higher (some a LOT higher).

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              I know but this darn countdown on my phone keeps telling me otherwise.
              just downloaded a countdown app on my phone. it will probably take me a while to figure it out...not very good with computer type stuff.

Comment

I have to whole-heartedly agree with the customer service comment - the GABIT team are utterly amazing people, especially considering event organisation isn't a first career for any of them ... and I definitely count them amongst the reasons I keep coming back!

Thank you for answer my question Becks, btw. As always I appreciate the quick response

So I'm faced with the dilemna of trying to fit 3 weeks of visiting into a 2 week trip... or asking for an unpaid additional week off ... and with my best friend getting married in England at some point in the next 2 years, I need to make sure I've got enough fundage to cover a trip over the pond unrelated to a GABIT event as well (I know, pretty awesome problem to have, eh? *bounces* Here's hoping she either doesn't choose burgandy, or one of the two bridesmaid dresses I already own in that colour will work )
                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                ames on facebook
                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                  just looking at flights prices...american air starts at $209 and all the others were $389 and higher (some a LOT higher).
                  You have to remember that taxes and fees for those flights are not tacked on yet. So a $200 one way might end up being $350 or so and then adding your return (depending on the dates) and it could cost up to $800 or more. Which isn't bad, don't get me wrong!

I'm looking at a multi-city booking and prices are pretty much what I expected them to be. Not great, but not sky high either. Definitely no deals yet. I think my problem is that I'm trying to work around our Thanksgiving holiday.

You might want to check the fare sales. Sometimes you can get lucky and snag a seat for really cheap. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                    I'm bidding on an item too ... glad to know I'm not up against you
                    I didn't know retracting bids was possible on ebay?
                    How do you know we aren't bidding on the same thing? I prefer Gabit auctions where I can keep an eye on all of you!

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                    I just checked out the auction and I find it weird that it's at $ 1,600. It was at $ 2,000 the other day.
                    Then I saw that someone had retracted their bid.

Yeah, the reason the person gave was "entered wrong amount" or something to that extent.
                    Seriously? That is messed up. Kinda makes you wonder if they wanted to test how much the second highest bidder was willing to go. Then they retract the bid and wait until the end to bid.

It is odd because that is not the item I received the notice for so it is happening on more than one item. That is what makes it suspicious for me (unless as Sky says, someone's Mom busted them).

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    Well ticket is paid for (less 6lbs), hotel is taken care of, too early to book plane....now what do I do for the next 10 1/2 months!

Well, twiddling your thumbs will cause thumb strain so I can't recommend that.

The movie Up was on TV last night. Everytime the dogs said "squirrel" it made me think of rderoch and her use of the word "auction" around me.

Heard on the news today that it is 200 days to the opening of the London Olympics. Hope you are in training for the torch run Julia.

Also heard on the news that today is "no pants day" on subways. Neep, what have you started?

Is it weird that everything reminds you of you folk?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      How do you know we aren't bidding on the same thing? I prefer Gabit auctions where I can keep an eye on all of you!
                      It is odd because that is not the item I received the notice for so it is happening on more than one item. That is what makes it suspicious for me (unless as Sky says, someone's Mom busted them).
                      There's only one other item where that happened...twice...all three retractions due to "wrong amount entered".
                      I'm surprised that the reserve is so high for the luncheon...at $3550, the reserve has not been met...wonder what the reserve is.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I am getting several emails a day from attendees worried about their payments. Be aware that despite being 'electronic' transfers, monies can take several working days to get to our account. I check the account daily - sometimes more than once. I send receipts as soon as the money gets to the account.

Please leave it a bit longer before contacting me. Be assured, that as long as you are trying to pay, your tickets are safe.

Kay G4
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

No Eh-t, it happens to me all the time too

...and it's time for ames to hit the bank! Have a good rest of your Monday (or...erm...Tuesday for those of you living in the future!)

*waves*
                          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                          ames on facebook
                          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I have no idea where I will even be living come AT6, so airline tickets will have to wait. I guess I'll have to book the hotel soon though and just alter my dates if need be...
                            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

The movie Up was on TV last night. Everytime the dogs said "squirrel" it made me think of rderoch and her use of the word "auction" around me.
                              Just a shame I won't be there to keep an eye on you at AT6.
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

I thought you liked gabit auctions better cause you can make Amanda run? (unless she is too tired)

We're not bidding on the same thing, cause I didn't get any e-mails about retracted bids.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X