GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just by-the-by....

Directly following Sanctuary last night was a show called "Innerspace" ... last night's ep was the countdown of the top 25 sexiest (hottest?) people in science fiction for 2011.

The cast of Sanctuary (specifically Robin, Ryan, and of course Amanda, with special mentions going out also to Agam and Christopher) was named number 20! (I think they should have been higher on the list, but hey - they made the list, even with clips - yes, plural - of Robin dropping trou ) Go Team Sanctuary! LOL
    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
    ames on facebook
    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      You're not the only one Cel, I'm not that keen on them either, nor on the blue jello Tim Tams are similar to the UK penguin bars, which I also don't like - each to their own tastes I guess

I still have three boxes of bj left over from AT5, but it'll be out of use by date before AT6
      I think I made the blue jello up wrong. And by wrong I don't mean "should have used water and not vodka" because the alcohol content was deliberate. What I mean is, normally, for UK jelly, to turn it into jello shots (alcoholic variety) you can 3/4 liquid to what the recipe says for water. This is because of the atomic structure and weight of alcohol blah blah blah... anyway I did this with the blue stuff but it was way too stiff. Jello shots are supposed to be a bit slimey - sliver down your throat so as the heat of your mouth warms them the hit of the booze explodes at the back of your mouth.
      Anyway, what I made was way too stiff; you had to chew it! I wasn't overly fond of the taste either TBH, or the fact it stained my fingers, but Tim Tams I did like.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        I found TimTams a bit too sweet for my tastes. My son-in-law can't get enough of them though.
        I'm just not keen on the chocolate/biscuit combination *shrugs*

Originally posted by llp View Post
        Jumble - to be honest - I don't even remember what a TimTam tastes like. I do like English chocolate though. As for blue jello - I prefer red - but then mine doesn't have an alcohol in it either!
        They taste like biscuits covered in chocolate with like chocolate fudge in between.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        I think I made the blue jello up wrong. And by wrong I don't mean "should have used water and not vodka" because the alcohol content was deliberate. What I mean is, normally, for UK jelly, to turn it into jello shots (alcoholic variety) you can 3/4 liquid to what the recipe says for water. This is because of the atomic structure and weight of alcohol blah blah blah... anyway I did this with the blue stuff but it was way too stiff. Jello shots are supposed to be a bit slimey - sliver down your throat so as the heat of your mouth warms them the hit of the booze explodes at the back of your mouth.
        Anyway, what I made was way too stiff; you had to chew it! I wasn't overly fond of the taste either TBH, or the fact it stained my fingers, but Tim Tams I did like.
        Yep, the blue jello shots were a bit of a disaster The ones I made came out too solid as well - we obviously should have got a quick 'how to' from Ames I've still got some - maybe we should practise next time you're down

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          I've tried the vodka version before and it was okay, but my favorite is mixing coconut rum in with the berry goodness. I think we mixed equal parts water and rum (1 c. each) with the small boxes of powder. Very tasty. Going to a bbq tonight so with all this talk we may have to make some there. Nom.

Oh, Ames. Any chance of branching out for this next event? Perhaps a tray or two off to the side clearly marked as alcoholic?

I'm just not keen on the chocolate/biscuit combination *shrugs*

They taste like biscuits covered in chocolate with like chocolate fudge in between.
          Never got why I didn't crave them like everyone else. Chocolate wafer cookies I guess aren't my thing. I mean, I might snack on one or two, but I won't be hoarding them or ordering overseas. But, each their own!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
            I've tried the vodka version before and it was okay, but my favorite is mixing coconut rum in with the berry goodness. I think we mixed equal parts water and rum (1 c. each) with the small boxes of powder. Very tasty. Going to a bbq tonight so with all this talk we may have to make some there. Nom.

Oh, Ames. Any chance of branching out for this next event? Perhaps a tray or two off to the side clearly marked as alcoholic?
            Didn't she have some alcoholic ones at TSE? I thought she did.......... Or maybe I'm confusing it with the chocolate that was with or without nuts

Coconut Rum sounds Awesome!!!

Never got why I didn't crave them like everyone else. Chocolate wafer cookies I guess aren't my thing. I mean, I might snack on one or two, but I won't be hoarding them or ordering overseas. But, each their own!
            Me neither - but yes, it's a good thing not everyone craves the same thing, that could cause a riot

Comment

Cel - I offered at the last two events to make alcoholic versions when someone brought it up. Mumsey even kindly brought a different style of container (shot glasses with lids, as opposed to the cups with lids) so we could easily tell the difference ... all I asked was that someone else provide the alcohol, and no one ever did, so ... *shrug*

Jumble - someone else had purple shooters going on at TSE. I just dealt with the blue jello at the ball and the next day

And yes, as Sky suggested, we had boy and girl chocolate on the table at TSE (those with nuts and those without LOL!) I don't take care of the chocolate for the AT events, so any suggestions on that front need to go to Neep, presumably -- are you doing the chocolate party again Neep? (Erm ... I suppose that question should have gone *before* the direction of inquiries...whoops!)

As to the taste-testing, I'm all for it! I usually just intermix the US/Cdn versions (I think they taste quite similar, personally), but if I get some boxes of the AU/NZ varieties, we can totally set up a tasting station! I think it's a grand idea
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                Cel - I offered at the last two events to make alcoholic versions when someone brought it up. Mumsey even kindly brought a different style of container (shot glasses with lids, as opposed to the cups with lids) so we could easily tell the difference ... all I asked was that someone else provide the alcohol, and no one ever did, so ... *shrug*
                I do vaguely remember talk of it at AT4 (or was it TSE?) Anyway, at AT5, if you recall, I wasn't around at the time to help you make the jello so I wouldn't remember if there was talk of having an alcoholic option. I may be interested in it for this next one, though. Let's just see what the response is first and then go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                  Darn! I didn't know that - I'd be happy to contribute next time

Jumble - someone else had purple shooters going on at TSE. I just dealt with the blue jello at the ball and the next day
                  Didn't know that either...... I need to pay more attention I think I just assumed that blue jello involved alcohol

And yes, as Sky suggested, we had boy and girl chocolate on the table at TSE (those with nuts and those without LOL!) I don't take care of the chocolate for the AT events, so any suggestions on that front need to go to Neep, presumably -- are you doing the chocolate party again Neep? (Erm ... I suppose that question should have gone *before* the direction of inquiries...whoops!)

As to the taste-testing, I'm all for it! I usually just intermix the US/Cdn versions (I think they taste quite similar, personally), but if I get some boxes of the AU/NZ varieties, we can totally set up a tasting station! I think it's a grand idea
                  Boy and girl chocolate!

Comment

yep, we talk about making boy brownies - walnut brownies, or girl brownies....nutless brownies
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

A cat we had when I was a kid was called Griffins, because he had ginger nuts.

Another one was named Mao Tse-Tung (the mistranslation of Mao Zedong) because of his "Mousey tongue."
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I can't tell you how hard that made me laugh, Neep. Griffins, indeed.

Comment

Hey, I have been away. Anything important happen while I was gone?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

We talked about testicles for a bit.
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                              We talked about testicles for a bit.
                              We did? I must have missed that

There was mention of chocolate balls on the WooHoo thread.........

Comment

We did? I must have missed that

There was mention of chocolate balls on the WooHoo thread.........

Just a few posts up- nuts in brownies.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X