GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    My only concern is exposing him to the craziness at The Ren!
    Well if he's about to be expose to the outside world......wouldn't it be best if you were there to shelter him!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Well if he's about to be expose to the outside world......wouldn't it be best if you were there to shelter him!
      Protecting him from being tackled?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

How old is he? I'm sure we can take him.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          How old is he? I'm sure we can take him.
          He's 23.

Comment

He's 23.
            He's only 23 Ah maybe you should stash him in a totally separate hotel, in a different city!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              He's only 23 Ah maybe you should stash him in a totally separate hotel, in a different city!
              Perhaps I should. 23, very handsome, very smart, very kind-doesn't stand a chance!

Comment

Are you trying to say we would be a bad influence?
                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                  Are you trying to say we would be a bad influence?
                  D'oh!

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                    Mocha, you won't know 'til you ask!
                    i got away with one extra hug for julia s. but they were rushing people thru, so didn't have much time to talk or anything. i really hate that, but what can you do. i was sitting right by the entrance to the photo room when she came in and she came running over and gave me a great big hug, so i did get a little extra one. but that was for me-nobody else. they weren't as pushy as at the creation cons, but they did rush us. gabit spoils us. THANK YOU GABIT!!!!!

Have fun! Ditto to the others off to Dragon Con. Think of me while I am working this weekend.
                    there were several gabit people there. i was shocked when these 2 girls came walking towards me with their arms outstretched- it took me a minute to register that it was jen and keely. had no idea they were going. then a short time later there was krystal-another total surprise. i didn't really know the other gabit people but they did. had a great time hanging out with the 3 gals. we got some really neat photos.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    It's worth a try. Have fun!!
                    Regarding the pic, I wonder if that is one of the perils of twitter, you post something on the spur of the moment you think is funny and intend as a joke but later it is "what was I thinking?" There was something posted recently on the Sanctuary FB page asking if AT and RD were a couple. My reaction to that was "from where do they get that?" but here is an example of where you could give the wrong impression.

For those attending DC, when are the Sanctuary panels? Please spoil us!
                    went to both sanctuary panels and the sg panel. AT, CH +RD were at both sanct. panels and AT, CH + david nykl were there for stargate. they were all a blast. for the sg panel, chris and david went running into the audience when they heard there were wirekess mics out there. amanda wasn't fast enough, so she grabbed one of the mics from the table on stage and stayed at the front of the room. they were all very funny. they took questions and occasionally gave serious answers. poor amanda did her best to give serious answers to some of the fans questions but the 2 guys had a hard time being serious. for the sanctuary panels amanda sat between the 2 guys and seemed to be trying to keep them from getting a little too crazy. robin was a little out of control because his parents were there. she did have to remind them once that there were kids in the audience. but the panels were very enjoyable. i got to sit up front for 2 of them because of my scooter. that was nice. i could actually see and hear everything. there was a tall thin guy dressed like a wraith at the 1st sanctuary panel. he did a fantastic job on the costume but couldn't find him after that. really wanted to get a photo. i did get a photo with a wookie tho. that was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                      i got away with one extra hug for julia s. but they were rushing people thru, so didn't have much time to talk or anything. i really hate that, but what can you do. i was sitting right by the entrance to the photo room when she came in and she came running over and gave me a great big hug, so i did get a little extra one. but that was for me-nobody else. they weren't as pushy as at the creation cons, but they did rush us. gabit spoils us. THANK YOU GABIT!!!!!

there were several gabit people there. i was shocked when these 2 girls came walking towards me with their arms outstretched- it took me a minute to register that it was jen and keely. had no idea they were going. then a short time later there was krystal-another total surprise. i didn't really know the other gabit people but they did. had a great time hanging out with the 3 gals. we got some really neat photos.

went to both sanctuary panels and the sg panel. AT, CH +RD were at both sanct. panels and AT, CH + david nykl were there for stargate. they were all a blast. for the sg panel, chris and david went running into the audience when they heard there were wirekess mics out there. amanda wasn't fast enough, so she grabbed one of the mics from the table on stage and stayed at the front of the room. they were all very funny. they took questions and occasionally gave serious answers. poor amanda did her best to give serious answers to some of the fans questions but the 2 guys had a hard time being serious. for the sanctuary panels amanda sat between the 2 guys and seemed to be trying to keep them from getting a little too crazy. robin was a little out of control because his parents were there. she did have to remind them once that there were kids in the audience. but the panels were very enjoyable. i got to sit up front for 2 of them because of my scooter. that was nice. i could actually see and hear everything. there was a tall thin guy dressed like a wraith at the 1st sanctuary panel. he did a fantastic job on the costume but couldn't find him after that. really wanted to get a photo. i did get a photo with a wookie tho. that was fun.
                      Not surprised Krystal was there, she either lives in the general area or at least is originally from the general area. Keely and Jen were a fun bonus though!

Since video was allowed I have seen the panels, nice they had both Sanctuary and SG panels. You must have taken some good photos if you were at the front.

Glad you had a good time.

Comment

Well sounds like a fun way to spend some time.....they would liven up your time there. I saw the videos of the two panels as well. Great fun, especially the Stargate one with everyone running all over the place. Glad you got out of there before the "weather" showed up.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sooo, to kill some time before the next event, let's talk Gabit. I started with AT3. I am curious to know what things have changed (good or bad) from the very beginnings of AT1. Anyone?

Comment

It was cool watching the videos from AT1 and AT2 last time, as I (narrowly) missed attending both of those events as well.

I think it's safe to say things that have changed include no longer going for a Guiness record at the event (they did CurlyWurly stretching at one of them, and I believe the other was eating M&Ms with chopsticks? ) and starting with AT4, the events have sold out well in advance, which adds pressure to the ticket-purchasing day (or, y'know, 10 minutes that the tickets are avail for, if that long!) but also means a full-house for sure!

I asked my cousin Kara if she'd like to join us for AT6, so got to spend some time on Monday describing why GABIT is worth attending, with a skeptic also in the room (my best friend H just doesn't understand the fandom phenomena at large, let alone attending gatherings of this nature, regardless of how I describe what all we do there and achieve for charity). Luckily I'm very enthusiastic with my GABIT tales, so hopefully I'll be a +1 come ticket-time!
                            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                            ames on facebook
                            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                              I
                              I think it's safe to say things that have changed include no longer going for a Guiness record at the event (they did CurlyWurly stretching at one of them, and I believe the other was eating M&Ms with chopsticks? ) and starting with AT4, the events have sold out well in advance, which adds pressure to the ticket-purchasing day (or, y'know, 10 minutes that the tickets are avail for, if that long!) but also means a full-house for sure!
                              I don't think that's true of AT5 - we bought our tickets long after they first went on sale

Comment

Just noticed the page number and could not resist it...

AT1 was unique in it's own way, no one new what to expect ie all newbies..it was awesome!! Amanda singing, bucket runs, Thomasina not singing etc so many fun memories.

Then the following cons just got better, you were meeting up with so many old friends and making new ones, truly hooked. The charities amounts just got bigger and bigger and then when you got to meet the people whose life has changed so much with a hearing dog...can't beat it.

The con's are so well organized, there is not much more to improve on them

Do miss the unlimited mug of tea/coffee from AT4.

Looking forward to AT6...7..8...etc
                                sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X