GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Ah, Carl, couldn't remember his name. Glad to hear a great time was had by all. Was your head one of the sore ones Mumsey?
    Nope! I did imbibe some Buck's Fizz (champagne and orange juice), a class or two of champagne (for toasts) and a glass of white wine with the meal. This was more alcohol in one day than I normally have in a couple of years. My face took on a bit of a glow at one point, but no thick head this morning.

Mumsey
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

champagne and orange juice? we usually call that a mimosa.
      sigpic

Comment

*sigh* How was CJ? Was there any explanation for why he had to leave Vancouver?

Did they actually say that their last SG con would be next year in Vancouver?[/QUOTE]

cj was thin and he kept coughing and clearing his throat. it was hard to hear most of what he said because he held the mic too far from his mouth. he kept pacing back and forth across the stage during his talk. he didn't say anything about his cancellation in vancouver. it says in the schedule/newsletter that you get at the con that vanc.-april 27-29 "will be their last trip through the gate in vancouver: don't miss it!" there are cons after that, but not in vancouver. sorry to be the bearer of bad news. i was just sitting outside the main entrance after lunch time break and CJ came out past me then turned around and smiled and said-good morning)(2pm) he came out for a smoke with his body guard person. he seemed very friendly.

oh gosh, i'm watching "psych" as i type here and i just peaked at the tv and there is chris heyerdahl on the show. boy he is just everywhere isn't he.

Comment

wow! peaked at the tv again because the voice sounded familiar-it was don s. davis on the same episode of psych as CH. small world. it's the pilot episode.

Comment

1 more sleep to go...1 more sleep to go....woohoo!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
              Yes the wedding was on Saturday. A great day. Becka looked stunning and Carl very dapper in his morning suit. Julia and Peter were justifiably very proud parents of the bride. A great time was had at the reception and the evening disco went on until 1am. There were one or two sore heads at breakfast this morning!
              Mumsey
              Awesome...very happy for the bride & groom and their families...so glad everyone had fun. xxxx
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

When I had dinner with CJ, my cousin was also there (I had no idea she was even a scifi fan) and she made the mistake of telling Chris that I worked at Quitline. Every time he went out for a smoke, he knocked on the window to show me I was all, um I don't actually judge. That's not my job.

Having said that, I hope he's ok.
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

- 1 day!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Most of the yanks will wake up to the news. Remember that the UK is 6ish hours ahead of the US.

but be patient folks. the G4 have had a big weekend with Bekka's wedding and they're all picking up the pieces and heading back to real life I would think.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

We are the epitome of patience...most of the time...ok some of the time...alright...on rare occasions. But it's always for a good cause.
                      This is fun.
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        We are the epitome of patience...most of the time...ok some of the time...alright...on rare occasions. But it's always for a good cause.
                        This is fun.
                        As long as this in the announcement and not the sale (which it isn't) then sleeping in and hearing about it 6 to 8 hours later is okay. But on the day of selling the tickets.....we will be up and ready!

sigpic

Comment

today was also Julia's 30th anniversary...so it was party time at the Hague household this weekend, with one marriage starting and another celebrating its longevity
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

TODAY IS THE DAY...YAY!!
                            Will Mal be coming in to start the countdown when we get the date??
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

AT6 - RIPPLES...November 9 - 11 2012!! YAY!!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Tickets go on sale January 10 2012...I'm so pumped for this.
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X