No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops. Forgot to tell you I'll be at cocktail table.

Originally posted by Kliggins
    I am so sorry; major brain fade! Fixed now!

Gabit 2 Attendees:
    1speed4Sam
    Ambermoon
    Coley
    Dani76
    Dipsofjazz
    Feli
    Flippy
    F.H. Bagpuss
    ForeverSg1
    GateGipsy
    Kliggins
    LadyJeep
    Lida
    Mal
    Mousie
    Minigeek
    Nem2k
    rderoch
    Rune
    Seabee
    ShimmeringStar
    Skydiver
    Strix varia
    SWMBOTGSG
    t 2
    Tracy Jane

Cocktail Party Attendees:
    Dipsofjazz
    Flippy18
    ForeverSg1
    GateGipsy
    Kliggins
    Nem2k
    Rune
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      If I won't be alone, it might be worth me heading down for friday night as well.

We could hit the town, I suppose. My sister lives in London, so she'll show us all the spots.
      Works for me. I haven't been to London in 20 years and I'm so looking forward to my return.

Comment

you can add my friend Sue Corkill to the gabit attendees. she's not a member here but we're gonna do some of our travelign together.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Got your PM, by the way. I'll have to talk to Strix, who also suggested a room share. However, she's not definitely going to be staying in the hotel, she might stay with friends in London, and she'll be there with her partner, so things might work out better if we share. I dunno yet... just musing.

The friday night I might be quite tired. I'll be doing postgrad study of some kind and will be coming from a full hard day's slog. But I'll make sure I'm up for a party
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
            Yes... my name is ShimmeringStar and yes, I am a Con Virgin and...... confirmed for GABIT!
            Woo-Hoos too ! ((((((((((((((SS))))))))))))
            (please add me to the list of attendees.... unfortunately methinks from my # that I was about 50 people too late for the Cocktail party... so you might have some company out there Friday night FHB!)
            Oh indeed ! (If you do get a chance at a Cocktail Party ticket though,then go for it,ok ? Promise ? )
            *thunks onto the floor as begins to realize all that must be done....*
            *Does the ice down collar trick*.
            Wake up woman !

(good thing it's 10 months away!)

Yes,so that gives you plenty time to prep up,and sort out all the necessary things ! Like questions for Amanda,camera equipment,endless lists of "things to take,shake,bake"....
            Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG
            Thanks for the lovely welcome kids. Nice to be here.

Mumsey
            Another G4 Oracle of Wisdom arriveth ! Welcome from me too,Mumsey.
            *Ponders the meaning behind the User name ,but is almost sure it may not be Star Wars related..*
            ("Hmm..ask ,I will not !")

Originally posted by flippy18
            [waves to the G3 posters and everyone else]
            Am trying to make the effort to post at least once a day as a break from the madness of work...to the madness of this thread
            *waves back*
            This thread is a little nutty,sometimes...and grows fast too !
            (Re the sequinned cat suit..I think Bev must go for it this year ! )
            Originally posted by AmberMoon
            Baggie, I'll chill with you in the foyer if you don't mind hanging with an retired USAF pointy head (< it's an official USAF term), gutter girl, S&J shipper chick who just happens to adore AT but couldn't get a cocktail ticket before they sold out but is still all tingly about going to GABIT2 in November. *takes a breath*
            I'd be honoured to chill with you on the Friday evening,or at anytime during the Event,and I'm so glad you got a ticket this time around !
            ((((((((((((AmberMoon)))))))))))))

On the other hand ,I'm too old and knackered (and so is Hubs !) to go out on the town.Also until the day,we can't even pin ourselves to an ETA at the Renaissance.*
            I don't want you to miss any fun,and end up kicking your heels waiting for us to show up.

Go ahead and make plans to paint the town red.
            Or .. BRIGHT ORANGE !!

Mal can't get in to do the c/d so...
            < 311 days to go..approximately !

*Need to check with the Hotel about holding our room till we arrive.I expect they'll accept a credit card deposit ..plenty time to sort it out...
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 09 January 2006, 10:54 AM.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR
              I don't think you can actually count Mumsey (SWMBOTGSG) as an attendee since she's one of us G4, but if you want to add anyone who is on the GW list then I guess Becky and I count too, but being organisers I don't think any of us count as attendees! LOL
              <waves at Kay>

Julia
              G4
              *slaps forehead* D'oh. Of course you all count, you are attending as well as organizing; unless I am mistaken and you are staying home during the event after organizing it? I am also taking the liberty of adding you all to our cocktail party list. My apologies. Yes Bev, you can slap me now (just this once)

Added to cocktail party list rderoch and Mal

Gabit 2 Attendees:
              1speed4Sam
              Ambermoon
              Becky Preen
              Coley
              Dani76
              Dipsofjazz
              Feli
              Flippy
              F.H. Bagpuss
              ForeverSg1
              GateGipsy
              Julia R
              Kliggins
              LadyJeep
              Lida
              Mal
              Mousie
              Minigeek
              Nem2k
              rderoch
              Rune
              Seabee
              ShimmeringStar
              Skydiver
              Strix varia
              SWMBOTGSG
              t 2
              Tracy Jane

Cocktail Party Attendees:
              Becky Preen
              Dipsofjazz
              Flippy18
              ForeverSg1
              GateGipsy
              Julia R
              Kliggins
              Mal
              Nem2k
              rderoch
              Rune
              SWMBOTGSG
              Last edited by Kliggins; 09 January 2006, 11:21 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Got your PM, by the way. I'll have to talk to Strix, who also suggested a room share. However, she's not definitely going to be staying in the hotel, she might stay with friends in London, and she'll be there with her partner, so things might work out better if we share. I dunno yet... just musing.

The friday night I might be quite tired. I'll be doing postgrad study of some kind and will be coming from a full hard day's slog. But I'll make sure I'm up for a party
                If you can make definite plans elsewhere, go ahead, Tracy! Don't wait on me...

My LJ

Comment

Whatever works. Just let me know. I'm always up for a party...Air Force trained I am.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

Oh indeed ! (If you do get a chance at a Cocktail Party ticket though,then go for it,ok ? Promise ? )

*Does the ice down collar trick*.
                    Wake up woman !

Yes,so that gives you plenty time to prep up,and sort out all the necessary things ! Like questions for Amanda,camera equipment,endless lists of "things to take,shake,bake"....

Another G4 Oracle of Wisdom arriveth ! Welcome from me too,Mumsey.
                    *Ponders the meaning behind the User name ,but is almost sure it may not be Star Wars related..*
                    ("Hmm..ask ,I will not !")

*waves back*
                    This thread is a little nutty,sometimes...and grows fast too !
                    (Re the sequinned cat suit..I think Bev must go for it this year ! )

I'd be honoured to chill with you on the Friday evening,or at anytime during the Event,and I'm so glad you got a ticket this time around !
                    ((((((((((((AmberMoon)))))))))))))

On the other hand ,I'm too old and knackered (and so is Hubs !) to go out on the town.Also until the day,we can't even pin ourselves to an ETA at the Renaissance.*
                    I don't want you to miss any fun,and end up kicking your heels waiting for us to show up.

Go ahead and make plans to paint the town red.
                    Or .. BRIGHT ORANGE !!

Mal can't get in to do the c/d so...
                    < 311 days to go..approximately !

*Need to check with the Hotel about holding our room till we arrive.I expect they'll accept a credit card deposit ..plenty time to sort it out...
                    A party is a party whether you're just sitting there drinking a beer or a nice cup of PG Tips just gabbing away about everything and anything. Meeting all y'all will also be the highlight to my weekend with AT and just to be in good ol' England gives me extra tinglies.

P.S. I so want a Wimpy burger (are they still around?) and some Fruitips Black Currant Pastilles. Yum-yum. Not all at the same time mind you.

Comment

It hit me for the first time today that I'm actually going to meet Amanda, and I just burst into tears (Note to other Gabiteers: Bring Diving equiptment). I was totally overwhelmed by it all.

Up until this point, I've been one hundred percent focused on the fact I'm meeting you guys and was really excited about that. For me, meeting you guys is gonna be as important as AT, cos you guys are the ones that I chat to every day on here. It'll be nice to put names to faces.

As for the party, that's fine. We don't need to hit the town at all. We could go to a local pub, or stay in the hotel with biscuits and tea and cadbury's dairy milk (I promise I'll bring some suitably English things with me to munch on, as well as some British pencils for Skydiver)
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

*waves at Julia*

How's it going? Dunno if you've seen the Samanda thread recently, but we're getting way too excited about Gabit... there are baseball caps being planned!

Anyhooo...hope you're not working *too* hard.
                        *waves back at Tracy Jane*

I certainly have seen the Samanda thread. I lurk on there too.

Cool idea about the baseball caps, at least we G4 will see you all coming and know you're Samandans!!

I always work hard! Seriously, you can't stop when you're planning AT2, it's all go. (isn't it Mumsey?? )

And in reply to your later comment about being overwhelmed about the thought of meeting Amanda. Bless you. You'll be fine. Trust me. She's so warm and understanding you'll soon find yourself relaxing.

Take care,

Julia
                        G4
                        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

*waves back at Tracy Jane*

I always work hard! Seriously, you can't stop when you're planning AT2, it's all go. (isn't it Mumsey?? )
                          Oh yes! It's all in the details, and they take some time to sort out.

And in reply to your later comment about being overwhelmed about the thought of meeting Amanda. Bless you. You'll be fine. Trust me. She's so warm and understanding you'll soon find yourself relaxing.

Take care,

Julia
                          G4
                          Nobody believes me when I say that I am quite shy. I used to be painfully shy! If anyone had told me that I would be able to talk freely to the actors from my favourite show, face to face, I would have laughed at them. But my first con was SG2 with Amanda, JR, Don Davies, Teryl and Peter Williams. I laughed the whole weekend, met and chattered to all of the above, particularly Amanda, and also made the beginnings of some wonderful and lasting friendships. The world was opened up to me via the internet, and the rest - as they say- is history.

Don't worry about meeting Amanda. She's a sweetheart and just like ' the girl next door'. As Michael Shanks once said - "That's quite a neighbourhood!"

Mumsey
                          (Struggled all evening to get into GW, then got in first go after complaining about it elsewhere! Typical! )
                          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            you can add my friend Sue Corkill to the gabit attendees. she's not a member here but we're gonna do some of our travelign together.
                            YAY for Sue! Read her "Same as it Ever Was" a few weeks ago & loved it!
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                              (((FHB)))
                              There wasn't any option when I registered to be put on a backup list since the Party is sold out. (Although I wonder if there is a waiting list... in case someone isn't able to make it (which ain't gonna happen!))

Mumsey, is there a list on Yahoo or the GABIT forum? Or would an e-mail be sufficient to ask? If there were any openings I'd love to be considered.

But otherwise FHB... I'll be out there with you watching and gabbing and taking plenty of pix as Kligs, Rune, Kat & Bev come waltzing through in their festive finery...
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

And I just realized, I’ll get to wipe out those mental pictures I have of the mods (mostly thanks to the icons they’ve had…..) and replace them with memories of the real thing!

Feli… a tall Amazon with a *really* big paddle in hand and a smile like RDA’s….
                                Skydiver… a petite clone of AT with goggles, lugging a parachute behind her…
                                and GateGipsy…. A mysterious woman in peasant skirt and shawl, looking conspicuously like Daniel…

Comment

Working...
                                X