Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
    People of Gabit (and the WORLD)

Support would be greatly appreciated - and deserved - even though Julia would never ask for either! Lol

http://www.cokezone.co.uk/olympics/n...D40F38ECC89972
    I've been trying to but it hasn't been accepting my facebook connection. And apparently you have to reside in the UK.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      The announcement on 23rd August will be giving the date of the event and also the date when tickets will go on sale. As ever you will have plenty of time to save and make arrangements (if necessary) for somebody to get your tickets if you are away.
      Mumsey (with her G4 hat on)
      Thank you Mumsey...so I don't need to set my alarm again to be awake at some ungodly hour to buy a ticket...whoot!!!
      Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
      for anyone who is interested...robin dunne was added to the guest list for dragon con.
      He's also coming to Melbourne Armageddon...with Amanda!!
      But I won't be going to the dinner ...at $824 a seat, I'm afraid I have to save my pennies for AT6.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hmmm it should't be for UK residents there've been FB links and likes from Canada and Europe so far. But, given it took them FOREVER to make the nomination itself work I'm not surprised the site is being uncooperative!

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
          for anyone who is interested...robin dunne was added to the guest list for dragon con.
          I read that on a thread somewhere. Nice bonus.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Thank you Mumsey...so I don't need to set my alarm again to be awake at some ungodly hour to buy a ticket...whoot!!!

He's also coming to Melbourne Armageddon...with Amanda!!
          But I won't be going to the dinner ...at $824 a seat, I'm afraid I have to save my pennies for AT6.
          Wow, that is quite a price for dinner! How many tickets do they sell for the dinner?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Wow, that is quite a price for dinner! How many tickets do they sell for the dinner?
            10 seats...now only 8 as 2 have already been sold...and as sorely tempted as I am to get one, I'm finding it hard to justify the cost but I'd also want to be sure that we don't just get a 10 miunte sitting with Amanda & Robin before they have to leave...and I'd want it to be somewhere private & not in the same room as the other dinners. At $824, I don't think that's too much to ask for.

So sad to see what's happening in London...please take care everyone. I can't help but think of all of you who are so close to this drama. I still think London is a beautiful city and can't wait to get back. xoxo

OT-ish: Hubby has been offered another job...again in Western Australia...if he should get it, I don't know who's going to look after the kids when I go to AT6...we won't be moving with him to WA but he'll be comiong home to us. So I'm planning with that in mind...and no, I won't be bringing the kids with me...though by then I might want to bring the hubster.
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I hope that people who live in London are safe!

I can't wait for AT6 to meet again all of you!
              I've just read this on Tumblr and I think that's brilliant!

Spoiler:
              “Fandom is focus. Fandom is obsession. Fandom is insatiable consumption. Fandom is sitting for hours in front of a TV screen a movie screen a computer screen with a comic book a novel on your lap. Fandom is eyestrain and carpal tunnel syndrome and not enough exercise and staying up way, way past your bedtime.
              Fandom is people you don’t tell your mother you’re meeting. Fandom is people in the closet, people out and proud, people in costumes, people in T-shirts with slogans only fifty others would understand. Fandom is a loud dinner conversation scaring the waiter and every table nearby.

Fandom is you in Germany and me in the US and him in Australia and her in Japan. Fandom is a sofabed in New York, a roadtrip to Oxnard, a friend behind a face in London. Fandom talks past timezones and accents and backgrounds. Fandom is conversation. Communication. Contact.

Fandom is drama. Fandom is melodrama. Fandom is high school. Fandom is Snacky’s law and Godwin’s law and Murphy’s law. Fandom is smarter than you. Fandom is stupider than you. Fandom is five arguments over and over and over again. Fandom is the first time you’ve ever had them.

Fandom is female. Fandom is male. Fandom lets female play at being male. Fandom bends gender, straight, gay, prude, promiscuous. Fandom is fantasy. Fandom doesn’t care about norms or taboos or boundaries. Fandom cares too much about norms and taboos and boundaries. Fandom is not real life. Fandom is closer than real life. Fandom knows what you’re really like in the bedroom. Fandom is how you would never, could never be in the bedroom.

Fandom is shipping, never shipping, het, slash, gen, none of the above, more than the above. Fandom is love for characters you didn’t create. Fandom is recreating the characters you didn’t create. Fandom is appropriation, subversion, dissention. Fandom is adoration, extrapolation, imitation. Fandom is dissection, criticism, interpretation. Fandom is changing, experimenting, attempting.

Fandom is creating. Fandom is drawing, painting, vidding: nine seasons in four minutes of love. Fandom is words, language, authoring. Fandom is essays, stories, betas, parodies, filks, zines, usenet posts, blog posts, message board posts, emails, chats, petitions, wank, concrit, feedback, recs. Fandom is writing for the first time since you were twelve. Fandom is finally calling yourself a writer.

Fandom is signal and response. Fandom is a stranger moving you to tears, anger, laughter. Fandom is you moving a stranger to speak.

Fandom is distraction. Fandom is endangering your job, your grades, your relationships, your bank account. Fandom gets no work done. Fandom is too much work. Fandom was/is just a phase. Fandom could never be just a phase. Fandom is where you found a friend, a sister, a kindred spirit. Fandom is where you found a talent, a love, a reason.

Fandom is where you found yourself.”

sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I would hope that for 800 dollars you'd get a good 30-45 minutes, privately....like how the tea with Amanda is. The winners get their own time away from the rest of the con attendees
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  I would hope that for 800 dollars you'd get a good 30-45 minutes, privately....like how the tea with Amanda is. The winners get their own time away from the rest of the con attendees
                  Well I'd be betting that with Robin Dunne also attending the dinner, it ain't gonna be quiet!! And of course if I did go....quiet is not an option.
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Does the money go to charity?

Huge hugs to all those in England over the insanity there. We know this does not reflect the vast majority of people there. I love London and going there for AT events. Very sad to see what is happening.

Comment

Loved that summation of fandom - so true!!!

I'm seriously out of the loop right now (been sleeping and working and that's about it for the last few days) - what the heck is going on in London???
                      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                      ames on facebook
                      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                        I'm seriously out of the loop right now (been sleeping and working and that's about it for the last few days) - what the heck is going on in London???
                        ames, check out this thread about the riots currently occuring in one of my favorite cities.
                        sigpic

Comment

Way too long since we have had a posting in here! Shouldn't someone start a countdown to the annoucement of the annoucement? Where's Mal?

Comment

Mal hasn't been around in a while

10 days and counting right?

so.....how about folks list their 10 best memories...tomorrow 9, next day 8, etc.....count down with memories of good times of the past
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

how about bringing out the guess the dates list again, now that it's closer.
                              Jan 7-8
                              Jan 14-15
                              Jan 21-22
                              Jan 28-29
                              Feb 4-5
                              Feb 11-12
                              Feb 18-19
                              Feb 25-26
                              Mar 3-4
                              Mar 10-11
                              Mar 17-18
                              Mar 24-25
                              Mar 31-Apr 1
                              Apr 7-8 Easter
                              Apr 14-15
                              Apr 21-22
                              Apr 28-29
                              May 5-6
                              May 12-13
                              May 19-20
                              May 26-27 (Memorial day weekend in the US I believe)
                              Jun 2-3
                              Jun 9-10
                              Jun 16-17
                              Jun 23-24
                              Jun 30-31
                              Jul 7-8
                              Jul 14-15
                              Jul 21-22
                              Jul 28-29
                              Aug 4-5
                              Aug 11-12 Olympics and unlikely to conflict with that
                              Aug 18-19
                              Aug 25-26
                              Sep 1-2
                              Sep 8-9
                              Sep 15-16
                              Sep 22-23
                              Sep 29-30 (labor day weekend in the US)
                              Oct 6-7
                              Oct 13-14
                              Oct 20-21
                              Oct 27-28 lame moose(mocha)
                              Nov 3-4 XFchemist
                              Nov 10-11 EH-T
                              Nov 17-18 Chelle
                              Nov 24-25 Holiday weekend and highly unlikely to have a con
                              Dec 1-2
                              Dec 8-9
                              Dec 15-16
                              Dec 22-23
                              Dec 29-30 Holiday weekend and highly unlikely to have a con

i sure hope my guess is wrong. that would be over a years wait. i'm not that patient. i'm a firm believer in instant gratification. and i'm still clinging to the hope of a TSE2. i can dream can't i?

Comment

Righto, so 10 good memories ... in no particular order, b/c they all make me smile!

1 - meeting Amanda for the first time, hearing her call me by name, and my first Amanda-hug (They were all the same 10 minute chunk, so I think it counts as one!)
                                2 - tackle hugs in the lobby of the Ren
                                3 - the lightbulb moment when Pam first properly introduced me to SG1
                                4 - bouncing ideas with Mumsey to come up with the donation box for the Bue Jello ... and thinking about how much money bluey goodness has raised!
                                5 - learning how to curl ... and then re-enacting in the lobby
                                6 - meeting/hanging out with 3 of the 4 members of the G4 (as well as a sizeable chunk of the rest of the GABIT team) for the first time in that insane queue for the premiere of the 3rd Sanctuary webisode (seriously, that queue was ... wow. Not in a good way, either - but the company was incomparable!)
                                7 - first time meeting up with gabit-y friends here in Ontario - bring on the Tim's!
                                8 - getting nicknames at TSE (I'm Next! LOL)
                                9 - driving around to find SG1 sites with the girls in the van ("We're looking for a cabin...")
                                10 - Amanda ordering me to stay crazy at the end of AT3 ... like that's a challenge for me

...already thinking of 9 more for tomorrow!
                                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                                ames on facebook
                                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Working...
                                X