GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*belatedly joins in convo to add my two cents to the pile*

I think we'll be treated to AT6 sometime in 2012, and *fingers X'd* TSE2 in 2013.

As to when ... I'm thinking probably autumn/early winter for AT6, as we usually get roughly a year's notice, and it's almost July... and while I'm hoping for not a summer date for TSE2 again (it seriously costs me as much if not MORE to fly to Vancouver as London in the 'high' tourist seasons *shudders* and I live IN Canada! *rollseyes*), that's likely to be what works best for the travelling requirements of the G4 combined with the availabilities of the guests involved. On the upside, the lack of snow makes for lighter packing requirements! LOL

Just best guesses - I make no claims to any kind of inside knowledge!

I was hoping to get to Vangroovy this summer to visit folks out that way, but sadly doesn't look like it's going to happen ... however NY and IN/IL/WI are still looking like a go! Yay! Plus either a trip down to KY in the autumn ... or the KY clan coming up here for a visit, so I get to play hostess And at some point one of my fav Germans will be in the next town over visiting her best mate from school, so I'm not going to be totally bereft of GABITy contacts in the next few months, thankfully Ooh, and my best mate (whom some of you met at the Ripper walk at AT5) will be back in Canada at the beginning of Sept for a bit ... although that reunion may be bittersweet. However, what better way is there to keep your mind off of having your life in limbo whilst awaiting Visa/work permit renewals than with Stargate marathons, eh?
    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
    ames on facebook
    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
      We could always all use the stones that Daniel and Vala used to get to Ori galaxy(sp?) and swap consciousnesses with each other just for the con's, hehehe!

Julia(samcarterrules)
      why think small? let's just get a gate or a few. one in london and a few in n. america. that would cut down drastically on jet lag. and if properly located, a gate would be just a short flight away from everyone. if we find enough gates, we can put one in aussie land and in europe somewhere. i think that's a good idea. i think i need to get some sleep.

Comment

ok, i may be trying to read between the lines, but humor me a minute. this is a gabit tweet "Sorry no second MTM planned. Concentrating on AT related events as you can see." ok, so no mtm, but they said "AT related" and used the word "events" not "event". they used the plural, so maybe there is a chance of a TSE2 in 2012. i'm crossing my fingers. then i'm going to bed. i need some sleep.

Comment

Happy Canada Day!!

To All you awesome Canadian Gabiteers!

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I would rather that TSE2 would be in 2012. That for me would be AWESOME. They are talking a major Profit sharing check at work and plus my vacation pay. Would go a LONG way for cons next year.
            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Hmmmm! Someone broke the Gabit site....tried to get into the forums and it gave me a page of program code....just in case there is someone around to fix it....NOT THIS SITE - the actual Gabit site!
              sigpic

Comment

it's been like that all day. i can get to the home page and other pages, but not the forum. i didn't break it. it was broken when i got there. i don't know enough to be able to break it.

Comment

Suuuuuuuuuuure mocha, whatever you say

ames on facebook

Comment

I'M INNOCENT, I SWEAR IT!!! trin can verify that i'm not very computer literate. if i was i would finally have an avatar on here. so there!

Comment

Methinks the lady doth protest her innocence too much...

ames on facebook

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Hmmmm! Someone broke the Gabit site....tried to get into the forums and it gave me a page of program code....just in case there is someone around to fix it....NOT THIS SITE - the actual Gabit site!
                        I get that sometimes too. No matter where I am.
                        MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                        MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                        POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                        CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                        GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                        VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                        FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                          I'M INNOCENT, I SWEAR IT!!!
                          Mocha definitely didn't do it. I was with her the whole time. Besides, the crook was a guy. Who had a dog. Or it might have been a dinosaur. I couldn't really see very clearly at all because it was dark and raining and I'd forgotten to put my contacts in. But it definitely wasn't Mocha, I promise.

Comment

thanks trin. i knew you'd have my back. now-since you are computer literate, why don't you fix the gabit forum. i miss playing the games with fud.

Comment

YEAH!!! the gabit forum is back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                                ok, i may be trying to read between the lines, but humor me a minute. this is a gabit tweet "Sorry no second MTM planned. Concentrating on AT related events as you can see." ok, so no mtm, but they said "AT related" and used the word "events" not "event". they used the plural, so maybe there is a chance of a TSE2 in 2012. i'm crossing my fingers. then i'm going to bed. i need some sleep.
                                Very logical analysis.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                                Happy Canada Day!!

To All you awesome Canadian Gabiteers!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                Thanks.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY to our American friends.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X