GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
    Since the announcement that there would be a royal wedding, I think that has been on everyone's minds in the UK, putting the announcement for AT6 at a later date.
    I'm in the UK, and the only thing on my mind is figuring out how to avoid seeing/hearing anything about it I wish them well, but I find most big royal occasions incredibly boring - I really don't need to know what Will's third cousin twice removed's mother's aunt is wearing and who designed it

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    lizzy and david beckham

each are dumpinig their current spouses and shacking up

seems she's always had a soft spot for football players
    Now that one I wood watch

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    I avoid any and all mention of it. A couple of rich people getting married who havent worked a day in their life? There's already too many of those in the world. Why encourage it.
    Yes, they have access to huge amounts of money, but they do have to work very hard for it and live their lives in the full glare of public scrutiny. Kate is about to take on the hardest job of all - living in the shadow of Diana's misplaced glory. Poor girl

Comment

My grandmother (dad's mom) died on Easter Monday and the funeral is today. I'm loving the wedding, even if only as a distraction. I'll probably catch the highlights with my mom tonight. She loves big girly things like giggling over dresses and looking at outrageously complicated cakes.

Comment

The dress is pretty! The whole of Kate is pretty lol.

I was wondering who William was when he walked up with that other guy ... lol. Not really into the brithish royals. He looks awful.

The ceremony was boring imo, they seemed so detached (?) or something. Church beautiful.

In other news: Milou ate a whole 1,5 sandwich during it
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
          The dress is pretty! The whole of Kate is pretty lol.

I was wondering who William was when he walked up with that other guy ... lol. Not really into the brithish royals. He looks awful.

The ceremony was boring imo, they seemed so detached (?) or something. Church beautiful.

In other news: Milou ate a whole 1,5 sandwich during it
          I thought William looked quite handsome and I enjoyed this wedding. They talked to each other and looked pretty comfortable to me. I thought her dress was quite understated compared to Diana's. I liked it....simple yet elegant.
          sigpic

Comment

I never get the flu shot. I'm one of those people that had the immune response...meaning if i do get the shot, i get a mild case of the flu as my immune system deals with it. So i don't get it. I'm a decently healthy adult...if i get the real flu i'll deal with it. it's better than getting a shot every year and getting sick every year.

I just watched the end of the wedding. quite pretty. you know you got one heck of a venue when you can use potted trees as decoration
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
              I thought William looked quite handsome and I enjoyed this wedding. They talked to each other and looked pretty comfortable to me. I thought her dress was quite understated compared to Diana's. I liked it....simple yet elegant.
              I agree on the dress! Though I don't know what Diana's dress looked like.
              Her sister is wearing a lovely dress as well, that could be a weddingdress ... lol.

How interesting that you thought they looked comfortable. To me, it all seemed a bit awkard. But then, I don't really know anything about the couple. And having LOTS of people watching you must be difficult.
              sigpic

Comment

We do pageantry better than anywhere else in the world! The trees in the abbey were a fabulous idea. They softened the starkness of the stonework. Catherine looked stunning and radiantly happy. They make a lovely couple.

With regard to the princes living priveledged lives. They are both serving officers in the military. William is a search and rescue helicopter pilot flying to help people who get themselves into trouble. Harry served for ten weeks in Afghanistan, and only had to return home when the stupid (foreign) press announced he was there. He came home to protect his fellow soldiers who would have been endangered because he would be a target. He was not happy.

Yes they are rich, but they don't hide themselves away in their palaces. They get out there and work in the military and for charities in their down time.

Mumsey
                Enjoying the day.
                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

That balcony scene was really impressive! Sooo many people there, and the getting together of all people went so orderly ... wow.

The kisses were cute too.

On the Dutch TV they were explaining that the couple has been together for quite a while, but never is really open in public. That they are to themsemselves. I guess that explains the vibe I got from the ceremony.
                  And that Kate comes from a 'normal' family and about the prince serving in the military and how busy royals are with charitywork and public functions.

Is the common opinion in the UK, that prince Charles should be king, or that it should go straight to William? Queen Elizabeth seemed quite old?
                  sigpic

Comment

For the crown to go directly to William, 16 different governments around the world who are still part of the monarchy would need to pass acts allowing it- so Charles is most likely next. As for the queen, she is 85. but remember her mum lived to 101 so Charles may be quite old before he gets his turn
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I watched the wedding.....beautiful. The commentator said that for Williiam to be king now, Queen Elizabeth would have to abdicate the throne to Charles, then he would have to abdicate to William.....some kind of law.

Comment

I thought if Charles didn't or chose not to be King, William would automatically be next in line?
                        I thought the wedding was kinda funny. We...or rather I...made up my own commentary for the event...filling in where words could not be heard...mortified daughter a couple of times...mortified myself!!! But we had fun. Poor hubby just had to sit there and endure it but he got to watch Bill & Teds Bogus Journey after. I thought the crowd were fantastic. The dress was beautiful coz it was simple and nothing over the top like Dianna's. The double kiss was really cool. We didn't think much of the first one but the second one got a roar out of us! Fun night. Love London. xo
                        Did anyone notice when Prince Charles took off his glove after arriving at the Abbey, wiped his nose with his bare hand then shook hands with the minister? I think that was the highlight for hubby when I pointed that out. Yuck...dude!!!
                        So our night just ended with the birth of a baby girl to some friends of ours...their first baby. Sweet!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                          I watched the wedding.....beautiful. The commentator said that for Williiam to be king now, Queen Elizabeth would have to abdicate the throne to Charles, then he would have to abdicate to William.....some kind of law.
                          I don't beieve that's ever going to happen. William will be king only when Elizabeth and Charles are both dead IMO. Which is as it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I just watched the end of the wedding. quite pretty. you know you got one heck of a venue when you can use potted trees as decoration
                            I found it soooo strange!
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              I don't beieve that's ever going to happen. William will be king only when Elizabeth and Charles are both dead IMO. Which is as it should be
                              I agree with you. We have the same situation, though our royal family is a lot younger. Next in line should be king as it is expected.
                              I do think it's strange that Elizabeth is 85 and still queen though.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                I agree with you. We have the same situation, though our royal family is a lot younger. Next in line should be king as it is expected.
                                I do think it's strange that Elizabeth is 85 and still queen though.
                                When she was crowned she made a pledge to serve her country for the rest of her life. She's obviously taken that vow very seriously

Actually, now that the wedding is over I won't be surprised if she does give up the throne to Charles. It's a tough job to do, and at her age she deserves some time off Charles deserves to be given the job that he's been training for all his life

Comment

Working...
                                X