• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the job Neep! Well done
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      I have a job. W00t. My first 2 weeks of pay (minus train ticket) will go toward credit card, then I can start saving again
      Oh Well done you! I knew it would happen.

((((Huggles the Neeplet))))

Mumsey
      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

for some strange reasons, the robins never really left last winter. Maybe because it was so cold everywhere they had nowhere to migrate to.

we occasionally get eagles nesting around some of our lakes. It depends on how cold the winter is...the eagles go as far south as the lakes freeze....they need unfrozen water to hunt.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I saw my first Robin (the feathered kind that is lol) just a few weeks ago. Was so happy to see it.
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

we've had robins here for a week or 2. the tulips are coming up and the crocus are already blooming. we had 2 1/2 nice days last week and now it's winter again. i was going to hook up the garden hose, but it drops well below freezing at night. had some snow last night and this morning. i love snow, but enough is enough. i want it to get warm already. i got a chill while waiting for a bus in london last month and have been cold ever since then.
            i'll finally be posting my photos from at5 in a few days. i'll put the link here. i've decided that the g4 has to do something different with the seating arrangements. they have to put everyone from the left side onto the right side for the 2nd day. and from right to left for the other side. that's because every photo i have of amanda is only her right sided profile with few straight on shots. and they need to hire one of those guys that holds a microphone above her head, out on a long pole . then every photo won't be of her on the mic. do i hear an amen? i know, just wishful thinking. but they turned out fairly good with a little discoloration of the lighting.
            i'm seriously thinking of going to dragon con in sept. but the hotels are sold out already(at the con price) the non-con price is about $400/night. a little out of my price range. the con itself is really cheap. but the hotel bill and plane fare will do my credit cards in. they haven't had a chance to recover from at5 yet, since it turned into a 18 night trip. well worth it tho. 1st step is to see if our neighbor will be able to stay with my mom while i'm gone. if it was a little closer i could drive. it about a 12 hour drive. i can't do that many hours straight anymore. must do more research. really would like to go because they said amanda is scheduled to be there all 4 days. maybe i could go sell my body on the street corners at night. no, still too cold out. need a plan "B".

Comment

Coyotes have been very active here in Phoenix and surrounding areas. People are finding their dogs mutilated or just missing. People who go hiking on the trails have to watch out for mountain lions.

Comment

but I really can't be bothered if it means I have to deal with those guys ever again.
                Been there. Not with a job, with an apartment. I had an elderly OCD landlady, she was sweet in a "completely mental and clearly needs better medication" sort of way. I was supposed to get a deposit back (couple hundred dollars) when I moved out and she said she would be mailing me a check within 30 days. I considered the loss of a couple of hundred dollars to be worth avoiding the hassle of actually trying to get it back from her. So I completely empathize with your instinct to just cut your losses and not deal with them anymore.

It's a full time job and while my hours neatly skip rush hour traffic, I won't be getting home at midnight like my last job based in town. So yay!
                Woot! I just changed shifts at work. Not being in rush hour is lovely. I don't get home until just after 5am, but at least I wake up early enough to see sunlight now, and summer is coming. I might be able to lose some of the "see-through pale" I've got going on. (Tan is too much to hope for, but I'd like to stop being translucent.)

Comment

Interesting how many of you are going into spring while we are heading to winter...it's actually autumn now which is my favourite season. The leaves are still very green on most of the trees but looks like we won't be getting anymore "hot" days...mind you, summer was a fizzer...and for one who is no fan of summer, I kinda missed it. No trips to the beach this year...not hot enough. Oh well, hubby is up at the alpine ranges this week building a drying room for one of the lodges there....maybe we'll get to have a small trip to the snowfields this year!
                  It's been chilly enough to put the heater on at night...and to add the extra blanket on the bed...which had only been off the bed for 2 months anyway.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                    i admit i'm one of the bambi crowd, but definitely don't like to see any animal suffer. i think hunting is ok as long as the animals meat is used as food. if you hunt just because you want to hang the head of a big buck on your wall and don't use the meat, that's just wrong. the food pantry where i used to volunteer gave venison away to those who needed meat. hunters should at least be responsible to get the meat to people in need.
                    the moose out in new england, and i'm sure in canada(although i have yet to see a moose in the many times i have been to canada)are a real danger to vehicles. the moose have very long legs and when they are hit by a car, their huge bodies and heads tend to go flying thru the windshield and into the passenger area of the car. if they have antlers it can do even more damage to the passengers if they thrash around. since moose can weigh over 1000 pounds(454kg) a collision with a moose is much more deadly than a collision with a deer. most moose/car collisions are fatal to both. i tend to drive very slow when in new england, especially since there are so many winding roads where you can't see that far ahead. i've seen moose on roads many times...fortunately without the danger of a collision with me. i did have a BIG bull moose run out across the road right in front of my car, but fortunately i stopped in time. when they're in rut, they are crazy they will run without thinking and they will attack your car or fight with a stop sign or any other thing that they think is keeping them from finding a female moose. they are very dangerous in rut. but they're cute.i like moose. i like highland cows too and finally got to see one at a petting farm place in england, near york, after at5. couldn't pet them. they were all laying in a very muddy field. don't know if they are petable. i think cows are pretty docile, but don't know about this breed. they have REALLY big horns. but they're cute.
                    I saw my first moose in north ontario along about dusk and I swear my VW would have fit beneath his body. they sure do have long legs. Then saw a couple at a distance while riding (horse) in BC way up in the rockies. They even look big at a distance. the one in ontario made us very cautious about driving through the forested area we were in. every tree stump looked like a bear or a moose or deer. couldn't find a motel--we were exhausted when we got to Marathon Ont at about midnight where we got a hotel room--didn't care what it was like--really old and crummy but had a bed and that was all that mattered. The rest of our trip to Vancouver (from Toronto) we stopped early.

Comment

Mum and I talked again today about the prospect of visiting London next year...or whenever AT6 is...she put the house on the market this afternoon and spoke about driving through Paris in a convertible...I told her we could do anything. So here's hoping. Kinda would be weird having my mum come with me to AT6...weird but not all together bad.
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ok, it's officially getting creepy when I have a folder on my computer labelled "EhT." But I started it, I have to finish it.

In this photo Fred is helping his new friend make a point, although he is unsure of what exactly that point might be.

Fred's new friend is now known in London as "that crazy lady who carries around a penguin."

She tried carrying around a PengYn, but that got awkward.
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ok, it's officially getting creepy when I have a folder on my computer labelled "EhT." But I started it, I have to finish it.

In this photo Fred is helping his new friend make a point, although he is unsure of what exactly that point might be.
                            Yes, that is creepy. I am officially concerned about being stalked at AT6.

Not surprising that Fred doesn't get the point. Several of his friends had the same problem.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8118/eht1.jpg

Fred's new friend is now known in London as "that crazy lady who carries around a penguin."

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/2171/eht2.jpg

LOL! Although it is a bit stalkerish, I am enjoying my daily laugh!

BTW, love how you are protecting my secret identity!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

There's nothing creepy about it Neep, I also have a folder called 'EH-T'

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Yes, that is creepy. I am officially concerned about being stalked at AT6.
                                No need to feel concerned. It isn't like I have your address or anything.

Not surprising that Fred doesn't get the point. Several of his friends had the same problem.
                                When you come from a big family, it takes creativity to get attention from the parents (or Aunts) and that doesn't usually mean being well behaved. The stamp is a form of validation.

LOL! Although it is a bit stalkerish, I am enjoying my daily laugh!
                                There are a few more days to wake up to this yet

BTW, love how you are protecting my secret identity!
                                Thought you might enjoy that
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X