No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hugs to all traveling and jet-lagged, sick and tired Gabiteers. Getting back to RL is such a chore sometimes.

Re: GABIT fleece- Love mine so much. It's so snuggly and comfy.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

@ Cel i really hope that the jetlag wont bother you for much longer *hugs* am happy that uyourself and Neep made it back home safely. Can't wait to see all of you again very soon!

Comment

Home and after a quick (3 hour) catch up with mum, I'm snuggled in my own bed with my little Magnus puppy. Hugging him extra hard and thinking of Julia and her family. Hugs.

4am... good thing it's the weekend.

My 11 hours in Brisbane airport was tiring- spending every last Aussie dollar I could get my hands on on 10 more minutes of internet to catch up on earthquake news and obsessively check if they had released any more names.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
          Reciprocity

Many thanks to the Gabit team for AT5....

I love my AT5 fleece jacket! It's getting very good use here in Phoenix..
          Mine is an AT4 jacket and I, too, love mine (in spite of the fact that mine is usually covered in cat hair--maybe it makes it a little warmer and I wear it almost daily this time of year. And it is REALLY cold right now 23 F. Strangely enough, we have no snow on QA Hill while all around us there's been snow and sleet and bad roads. So fleece is a necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
            i'm several pages behind on this forum, but had to jump in to tell DIPSOFJAZ thank you for the wonderful tour of edinburgh and i finally got to see a "heilan coo" at a petting farm near york. hope your legs are recovered from all the walking. thanks again bev. i really enjoyed it.
            I'm glad you eventually got to see a coo. lol

I had a great time walking the streets of Edinburgh with you. Thanks to you and your umbrella it even stayed dry for us.

I hope you got your trains and flights as planned. Safe journey home.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah the jetlag is something. I got back home last Friday and I'm still tired.

My fleece got some use the week after AT5 while I was in London. Since getting back to Houston the weather has been in the 70's - 80's so I believe it won't be seeing sunlight for a few months.

Long Live Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                Glad your getting home safe Neep you must be so tired *hugs*

I ware my fleece all the time too.

AT6's name? I think Ripples is fitting. Julia always finds beautiful, unusual words so I'm sure it'll be awesome whatever its name is.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                How about 'rambunctious' !

Comment

Rejuvenate
                  Reinvigorate
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I still love Ripples....(although Rambunctious would probably suit us as well )
                    Renewal
                    Rock on
                    Rise up
                    Redux
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by Fron View Post
                      @ Cel i really hope that the jetlag wont bother you for much longer *hugs* am happy that uyourself and Neep made it back home safely. Can't wait to see all of you again very soon!
                      *glomps* Miss you sooo much!! Jet lag is still with me unfortunately. Think I was in Europe for too many weeks. Heh. It'll fade soon though and nothing better than a little job hunt, bouldering and snowy runs outside to knock it out completely.

You interested in a nice Gabit fleece yet? It might fit you better than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                        *glomps* Miss you sooo much!! Jet lag is still with me unfortunately. Think I was in Europe for too many weeks. Heh. It'll fade soon though and nothing better than a little job hunt, bouldering and snowy runs outside to knock it out completely.

You interested in a nice Gabit fleece yet? It might fit you better than me.
                        hey there, good luck with the job hunt etc., really hoping you'll find something very quickly. I'm still very interested in the fleece ^^.
                        So when are we going to meet up again DDDDDDDDDDDD? I still think meeting up in NY is a very good idea

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                          My fleece has yet to be worn. Tried it on at AT5 and it was a tad big, but they had no smaller sizes to exchange it with so it basically went on a mini vacation to a few different countries in my luggage. Might give it to a friend since I can't imagine wearing it myself. Spreading the Gabit love?

It's 5:30a here and I'm suddenly wide wake. Did this both days I was in L.A. after we came back which leads me to think I'm still on Europe time. Jet lag is a wonderful thing. *sigh*

As for a name? Ripples is wonderful, but like Julia said, JuliaR always comes up with something unique and beautiful. And totally fitting for the weekend.

Now, how bout that date?
                          Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          Home and after a quick (3 hour) catch up with mum, I'm snuggled in my own bed with my little Magnus puppy. Hugging him extra hard and thinking of Julia and her family. Hugs.

4am... good thing it's the weekend.

My 11 hours in Brisbane airport was tiring- spending every last Aussie dollar I could get my hands on on 10 more minutes of internet to catch up on earthquake news and obsessively check if they had released any more names.
                          Glad everyone is home safely.

Is that who I think it is?

Welcome!

Off to find my badge as I am sure it will be needed soon.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Fron's here! Fron's here! (Just be careful what you lick at GW, okay?)

So when are we going to meet up again DDDDDDDDDDDD? I still think meeting up in NY is a very good idea
                            YES! I am getting a mini-woohoo invasion. You guys are next! In fact I should have video to entice you very soon!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            1. Is that who I think it is?

Welcome!

2. Off to find my badge as I am sure it will be needed soon.
                            1. Yup.

2. aaaaand YUP.
                            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Fron!!!
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

hey there, good luck with the job hunt etc., really hoping you'll find something very quickly. I'm still very interested in the fleece ^^.
                                Awesome. PM me on FB or here if you're able and send me your addy so I can snail mail it to you.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Is that who I think it is?

Welcome!

Off to find my badge as I am sure it will be needed soon.
                                Haha! YES!! It'll definitely get good use once again.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                                Fron's here! Fron's here! (Just be careful what you lick at GW, okay?)

YES! I am getting a mini-woohoo invasion. You guys are next! In fact I should have video to entice you very soon!
                                Yes, the famous licking of Fron. So many fun memories and pictures I have.

I'm planning the little getaway already and making sure I mention it when I go for my interviews. Heee! Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X