No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday Night , Maybe the Three Mag Pie's for a few Lemonades ( beers ) around Nine . And then Back to Hotel Lobby for a few Night Cap's ... That's my plan . Any thing simular happening ?
    CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
    Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
    Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
    Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
    Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
    Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Soda specialty store? Like, fizzy drink? We have the (limited) coke range, (even more limited) pepsi range and a local one called foxton fizz. Hehe... how many can you have?
      Yep, sodas like fizzy drinks. It's got bottled sodas from small bottlers. A huge selection of root beers and ginger ales (the only soda I drink) as well as other flavors. They also have imported candies and such. It's a total sugar rush!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Dinosaurs! Also, this round tray of blue/grey water used to show currents or something... if you spin it really fast then slow it down suddenly, it all ripples into each other and looks just like the event horizon of a worm hole (Just did that for 10 seconds or so, of course. We didn't do it over, and over, and over)
      Nope. We were totally only there for mere seconds... if that. We didn't spend an inordinate amount of time spinning it at all.

And yay dinosaurs! I love that pick of us all smiling with the giant t-rex behind us.

Comment

julia...is it your right or left shoulder that is on the bum? just so we know which side to attack you from.

Comment

Well, kiddies, since the first of you will be winging your way to us very soon, can I remind you to bring your used stamps for the Hearing Dogs? That's about the only thing that hasn't been mentioned lately.

Safe travels to all of you, and see you all very soon.

Mumsey
          (Coming up for air for a minute or two.)
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
            CELANDINE doesn't look good. now they are saying 1-2 feet of snow tues. and wed. they are also predicting snow showers next week. hopefully not enough to shut the airport down. good luck to you.
            Yeah. Not looking good at all. It's so bad, the weather peeps are saying it may top the killer snowstorm we had 10 years ago. I'm hoping it just holds off long enough for me to get in the air, but we'll see. I'll be heading to the airport at this time tomorrow regardless. Or already be on my way. I've downloaded some shows to watch on my netbook and have shiny gadgets and books to keep me entertained. I've resigned myself to the fact that I may be hunkering down in the airport for many hours in case there is a major delay.

Cross fingers for me!

ETA: Now it's four DECADES! Crimeny! I wasn't even alive when the last colossal snowstorm came through! It's an adventure though, right? Heh.

Originally posted by antoa View Post
            Yep, sodas like fizzy drinks. It's got bottled sodas from small bottlers. A huge selection of root beers and ginger ales (the only soda I drink) as well as other flavors. They also have imported candies and such. It's a total sugar rush!
            Is it just a bottled soda shop or do they make the old fashioned sodas with the ice cream like they used to make in the 1940's?

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
            Well, kiddies, since the first of you will be winging your way to us very soon, can I remind you to bring your used stamps for the Hearing Dogs? That's about the only thing that hasn't been mentioned lately.

Safe travels to all of you, and see you all very soon.

Mumsey
            Thanks for the reminder. I'll tuck mine in a spare pocket of my carry on now before I forget.
            Last edited by Celandine; 31 January 2011, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
              julia...is it your right or left shoulder that is on the bum? just so we know which side to attack you from.
              It's my right shoulder.

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Mumsey
              You get air??!! I'm going to make a complaint to Head Office...

<runs cos she knows she'll get thwapped by Mumsey for that and she's seeing her at the weekend...eek!!>

Julia
              G4
              To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                It's my right shoulder.

You get air??!! I'm going to make a complaint to Head Office...

<runs cos she knows she'll get thwapped by Mumsey for that and she's seeing her at the weekend...eek!!>

Julia
                G4
                We'll be a matched pair. I broke my left ribs

And be nice to Mumsey. She has a lot of work ahead of her

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                  Is it just a bottled soda shop or do they make the old fashioned sodas with the ice cream like they used to make in the 1940's?
                  Just bottled soda, though I am sure I could find a soda fountain somewhere in the LA area. We kinda have everything around here.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                    We'll be a matched pair. I broke my left ribs

And be nice to Mumsey. She has a lot of work ahead of her
                    What she said!

Mumsey
                    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

I do personnel security for my company and this includes travel briefings to countries outside the U.S. For those traveling from the U.S to the U.K. a new travel alert has been issued by the Dept of State.

January 31, 2011
                      The Department of State has issued this Travel Alert to inform U.S. citizens traveling to or resident in the United Kingdom (UK) of the continuing high level of terrorist threat, including the potential for terrorists to attack public transportation systems, aviation and other travel infrastructure in the UK. U.S. citizens are reminded to maintain a high level of vigilance and to take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness. This Travel Alert expires on April 30, 2011.

In the past several years, extremists have targeted and attacked subway and rail systems, as well as the aviation sector in cities such as London, Madrid, Glasgow, and most recently, Moscow, demonstrating that terrorists continue to take an active interest in targeting these transport sectors across a variety of European cities.

As has been widely reported in the press, UK law enforcement authorities have taken action to guard against a terrorist attack, underscoring in their public statements that the police are using a range of tactics to mitigate the threat.

The Embassy is located at 24 Grosvenor Square. The Embassy telephone number is 0207 499 9000. The Consular section can also be contacted by email at [email protected].

U.S. citizens in the United Kingdom are encouraged to enroll in the Smart Travelers Enrollment Program (STEP) at the following website: https://travelregistration.state.gov. U.S. citizens without internet access may enroll directly at the U.S. Embassy. By enrolling, U.S. citizens make it easier for the Embassy to contact them in case of emergency.

Updated information on travel and security in the United Kingdom may be obtained from the Department of State by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or, for callers outside the United States and Canada, a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. For further information, please consult the Country Specific Information for The United Kingdom, as well as the Worldwide Caution. These products and the latest international travel information for U.S. citizens are available on the Bureau of Consular Affairs Internet website at http://travel.state.gov.

(Especially with what's going on in other parts of the world, it is in your best interest to register with the U.S. Embassy.)

Comment

no bear hugs for julia...cub hugs instead
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                          Just bottled soda, though I am sure I could find a soda fountain somewhere in the LA area. We kinda have everything around here.
                          Awesome. We used to have one around here till it closed a few years back. I loved it! Was so nostalgic and reminded me of all the old-time movies of that era that I've seen.

And my flight out tomorrow was canceled with all the hype of the blizzard coming in. Not even one new speck of snow on the ground yet! I called the airline and they were able to book me on an earlier flight out which is so awesome. Jackpot! I may be in LAX 12hrs early waiting on Neep, but it's better than waiting till Thursday which is what I heard some of the airlines are already doing.

Comment

Safe flying to the early travelers!
                            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
                              I do personnel security for my company and this includes travel briefings to countries outside the U.S. For those traveling from the U.S to the U.K. a new travel alert has been issued by the Dept of State.

January 31, 2011
                              The Department of State has issued this Travel Alert to inform U.S. citizens traveling to or resident in the United Kingdom (UK) of the continuing high level of terrorist threat, including the potential for terrorists to attack public transportation systems, aviation and other travel infrastructure in the UK. U.S. citizens are reminded to maintain a high level of vigilance and to take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness. This Travel Alert expires on April 30, 2011.

In the past several years, extremists have targeted and attacked subway and rail systems, as well as the aviation sector in cities such as London, Madrid, Glasgow, and most recently, Moscow, demonstrating that terrorists continue to take an active interest in targeting these transport sectors across a variety of European cities.

As has been widely reported in the press, UK law enforcement authorities have taken action to guard against a terrorist attack, underscoring in their public statements that the police are using a range of tactics to mitigate the threat.

The Embassy is located at 24 Grosvenor Square. The Embassy telephone number is 0207 499 9000. The Consular section can also be contacted by email at [email protected].

U.S. citizens in the United Kingdom are encouraged to enroll in the Smart Travelers Enrollment Program (STEP) at the following website: https://travelregistration.state.gov. U.S. citizens without internet access may enroll directly at the U.S. Embassy. By enrolling, U.S. citizens make it easier for the Embassy to contact them in case of emergency.

Updated information on travel and security in the United Kingdom may be obtained from the Department of State by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or, for callers outside the United States and Canada, a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. For further information, please consult the Country Specific Information for The United Kingdom, as well as the Worldwide Caution. These products and the latest international travel information for U.S. citizens are available on the Bureau of Consular Affairs Internet website at http://travel.state.gov.

(Especially with what's going on in other parts of the world, it is in your best interest to register with the U.S. Embassy.)
                              thank you for that information. i imagine the airport security will be tighter than usual(i hope). last time i came there the only concern was the swine flu.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                              Awesome. We used to have one around here till it closed a few years back. I loved it! Was so nostalgic and reminded me of all the old-time movies of that era that I've seen.

And my flight out tomorrow was canceled with all the hype of the blizzard coming in. Not even one new speck of snow on the ground yet! I called the airline and they were able to book me on an earlier flight out which is so awesome. Jackpot! I may be in LAX 12hrs early waiting on Neep, but it's better than waiting till Thursday which is what I heard some of the airlines are already doing.
                              yup. 1-3" tonight, 1-3" tomorrow and then we really get dumped on. glad they could give you an earlier flight. i was going to warn you that i just heard that over 250 flights had already been canceled at o"hare. hopefully this flight will get you going. post if you can and let us know if you got away.

Comment

ok, i registered. it only took a few minutes. i'll have to add my trip info later. thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X