No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks trin, that will get me started again.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
      thanks trin, that will get me started again.
      One-stop shopping for all your end of the world needs, that's me!

Comment

Re the musical. I'm still undecided, but if I do go ... any show if fine with me! Cel, you're still going to send everyone who's on the list a message couple of days before with the plans right? Like, what time you're actually planning on leaving from the Ren etc.

I've made my packinglist. I dreamt about AT5 last night ... Amanda was there ... hehe.
        sigpic

Comment

Varnish??? Is there something about this con I need to know about?
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            Varnish??? Is there something about this con I need to know about?
            LOL! This is my 3rd time and I survived the other two without varnish. Not to worry.

lame moose usually makes something for the auction (she is a talented woodworker) that is the purpose of the varnish (at least I hope that is the purpose).

On another note, feel clearing snow off the roof today. Tried to give myself a concussion. Hope I did not succeed.

Edit: feel? Meant fell. Perhaps I did do some damage!
            Last edited by EH-T; 30 January 2011, 08:12 AM. Reason: Possible concussion

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              LOL! This is my 3rd time and I survived the other two without varnish. Not to worry.

lame moose usually makes something for the auction (she is a talented woodworker) that is the purpose of the varnish (at least I hope that is the purpose).

On another note, feel clearing snow off the roof today. Tried to give myself a concussion. Hope I did not succeed.

Edit: feel? Perhaps I did do some damage!
              Aha! That explains a lot.

So much snow here in NYC. I srsly haven't seen this much snow since I moved here from Montreal 14+ years ago! But we don't have the awesome snow removal they have there. It's just awful getting around. At least in the boroughs. Manhattan looks like it barely got any snow at all.

I'm really hoping all this snow doesn't get in the way of my travel plans!

Outside my apartment building last night:
              Spoiler:

What's the story with bringing stuff for the auction? I know I'm late to the party for this, but might be good to know for next time...
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Aha! That explains a lot.

So much snow here in NYC. I srsly haven't seen this much snow since I moved here from Montreal 14+ years ago! But we don't have the awesome snow removal they have there. It's just awful getting around. At least in the boroughs. Manhattan looks like it barely got any snow at all.

I'm really hoping all this snow doesn't get in the way of my travel plans!

Outside my apartment building last night:

What's the story with bringing stuff for the auction? I know I'm late to the party for this, but might be good to know for next time...
                It's not a competition but that's nothing my dear. I feel off of a pile of snow that was only a foot or so lower than my roof.

With regard to stuff for the auction, one would usually contact Gabit (the e-mail address to be found at their site). The catalogue for the auction is already printed and I think they have more than enough stuff for the silent auctions this year. However, doesn't hurt to e-mail Gabit. You could bring it and they could always hold it for the next event.

LOL, I did it again.
                Last edited by EH-T; 30 January 2011, 09:08 AM. Reason: Definite concussion.

Comment

sue is the one to talk to about donations for the auction. i think it's too late for AT5 tho. she already has a little catalog of the items done. i think i read that somewhere. maybe i made that up....no i did read it. but talk to her at the con, she's the auctioneer.

the varnish was to spray over amanda's autograph on the puzzle boxes i made for the TSE auction. the boxes for this auction were already signed(at TSE) so no need to get high from breathing in those fumes in my hotel room. Hmmmm, maybe i shouldn't have had her sign them. no, i'll be on a high just from being there.

Comment

the varnish was to spray over amanda's autograph on the puzzle boxes i made for the TSE auction. the boxes for this auction were already signed(at TSE) so no need to get high from breathing in those fumes in my hotel room. Hmmmm, maybe i shouldn't have had her sign them. no, i'll be on a high just from being there.

And that's the unvarnished truth.

Comment

i don't know what to do...it's a disaster!!! i can't find my "to do" list!!! the reality of the fact that i'll be leaving in only 9 days has just hit me. oy!
                      disaster averted...found my list folded inside my laptop.....all is well again. now, to start crossing things off.

EH-T ever think of wearing a helmet?

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                        Re the musical. I'm still undecided, but if I do go ... any show if fine with me! Cel, you're still going to send everyone who's on the list a message couple of days before with the plans right? Like, what time you're actually planning on leaving from the Ren etc.

I've made my packinglist. I dreamt about AT5 last night ... Amanda was there ... hehe.
                        Honestly, you and Flow are the only ones who I will be picking up tickets for it seems. Everyone else is able to either meet at the Square to decide and buy their own or will be traveling with us to the Ren and again, able to buy their own ticket that morning. I've spoken to Flow already, but if you like, I could email you closer to the date with more specifics... We're meeting EH-T in the city (and possibly Flow) but everyone else should be at the Ren on Thursday night.

As of now, we only had a loose plan (for those already at the Ren) of meeting in the Lobby about 4pm, I think. That would give us enough time to get back up into London, find some dinner and then hit the show without being too rushed.

Let me know what you decide to do!

Edit: feel? Meant fell. Perhaps I did do some damage!
                        Don't you know already??! When you feel, always try to land on your boobs (so you bounce back up to your feet) or your (nicely cushioned?) arse. Feeling on your head I wouldn't recommend. Nor a concussion.

Comment

It's not a competition but that's nothing my dear. I feel off of a pile of snow that was only a foot or so lower than my roof.

With regard to stuff for the auction, one would usually contact Gabit (the e-mail address to be found at their site). The catalogue for the auction is already printed and I think they have more than enough stuff for the silent auctions this year. However, doesn't hurt to e-mail Gabit. You could bring it and they could always hold it for the next event.

LOL, I did it again.
                          Oh, wasn't trying to say 'who's got more.' Just OMG this is bad for us. We don't get big snow in NYC and we have no idea what to do with it. Y'all definitely have far worse winters than we ever get here.

re: auctions-- just curious. Will have to donate something for next time if I've got anything worth donating. *shrug* I'm not very crafty.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

Don't you know already??! When you feel, always try to land on your boobs (so you bounce back up to your feet) or your (nicely cushioned?) arse. Feeling on your head I wouldn't recommend. Nor a concussion.
                            Got it, feel...boobs...arse...wait, that didn't come out right.

Oh, wasn't trying to say 'who's got more.' Just OMG this is bad for us. We don't get big snow in NYC and we have no idea what to do with it. Y'all definitely have far worse winters than we ever get here.

re: auctions-- just curious. Will have to donate something for next time if I've got anything worth donating. *shrug* I'm not very crafty.
                            Oh, I know it is all relative, that's why your major weather concern may not be NYC but Heathrow. Any bit of snow and it's "shut 'er down".

Comment

Got it, feel...boobs...arse...wait, that didn't come out right.

Oh, I know it is all relative, that's why your major weather concern may not be NYC but Heathrow. Any bit of snow and it's "shut 'er down".
                              LOL, I'm worried about BOTH. Mother Nature and I are due for a serious discussion soon!
                              sigpic

Comment

I change planes in Philly, so I'm kinda worried also. How long does it take to get through customs at Heathrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X