GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
    Hey Mocha don't know if this page might be any use to you. http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/passen...ed_passengers/ they also have number for booking ramp assistance too.

Julia(samcarterrules)
    have seen this page. i can finally use it now that i know which stations i will be at. that's my planned chore for tomorrow - make sure all stations are accessible. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      Heh, seems a network of friends was more useful than the travel agent this time.

ETA: Checked fares with the various links others posted and was a bit blown away at the price comparison to Megabus. You could pay up to 30 quid more for the *same* ticket.

Megabus (which also has trains!) has info for disabled passengers. http://uk.megabus.com/passengers-with-disabilities.aspx

Depending on where you're going, you should shop around before you buy.

checked it out and the bus doesn't go to a lot of the places i'm going. also, i have a rail pass which is saving me tons of money, both in uk and ireland. and the trips are a little faster on the train. and i always wanted to travel by train. don't ask why, i don't know. my first
      choice would be to drive, but unless they can change and all drive on the other side of the road while i'm there, it's not an option. and a van with a ramp is too expensive to rent. the agent keeps trying to get me to take bus tours everywhere, but i'd rather take a taxi and go just where i want to go. and it doesn't cost any more that the tours. so i think things seem pretty doab;e now. i'll just make my train reservations in another few days after i 'm sure of the exact times. i've got a number from britrail to get help with that. so, things are under control now(i hope). although i did call ryanair who i will fly to dublin to check on using my scooter and they said i was listed as disabled - blind. don't know how that happened. they must have hit the wrong button or something. i was at the eye doctor today and am definitely not blind, praise God. now i've got accessible taxis everywhere i'm going so things are working out. but i've spent a lot more time planning this trip than i will actually spend on the trip. weird!

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
        Hehehe...

I figured it was dry as opposed to having chocolate on them ... although I could totally be mistaken there, of course!

Congrats! Not long now...

But if her instructor was simply flashing a badge at her, wouldn't she need to take her eyes off the road to determine what the badge read?? *quirks eyebrow*

Not sure why you couldn't book your rail tickets in advance ... I try to do it whenever I'm heading back over ... I usually check with the nationalrail site, personally.

Another expensive lesson is arriving without your confirmation code in hand. That cost me my train by a mere 2 minutes ... and my new ticket cost me an additional 60quid on top of what I had already paid
        educate me. how do i post replys to more than one post-with the quotes. i know how to reply with one quote, but that's it. still learning this techno computer stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
          educate me. how do i post replys to more than one post-with the quotes. i know how to reply with one quote, but that's it. still learning this techno computer stuff.
          Try the button to the right of 'Reply with Quote'. Use it on several posts and you'll see them all show up in your new post.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            Oh sorry. What I meant by dry biscuits is ones that don't have chocolate or cream fillings and such. So just plain old dry biscuits....make sense??
            So like shortbread cookies?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Master Bray Tack View Post
              Hey there .. Just a quick note that i'm still here ... Happy New Year to all .. Will Be Back Soon ...

*waves*

lame moose,

I have two packages of dark chocolate Tim Tams for you. According to the package they are made in Aus.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Mmmm. Shortbread.

http://www.griffins.co.nz/by-name/shortbread

NZers love our Griffin's biscuits... My sister's cat when we were growing up was called Griffins because he had Ginger nuts. (My father and brothers named him, my sister and I were only 4)
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  Mmmm. Shortbread.

http://www.griffins.co.nz/by-name/shortbread

NZers love our Griffin's biscuits... My sister's cat when we were growing up was called Griffins because he had Ginger nuts. (My father and brothers named him, my sister and I were only 4)
                  *waits for EH-T and her badge*

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    *waves*

lame moose,

I have two packages of dark chocolate Tim Tams for you. According to the package they are made in Aus.
                    bless your heart, and all your other vital organs. thank you.

Comment

has anyone been able to get on the gabit forum tonight? the rest of the site works, but it won't load the forum page. darn!

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                        has anyone been able to get on the gabit forum tonight? the rest of the site works, but it won't load the forum page. darn!
                        The forum won't load for me either.. I get an error message.

Comment

maybe they're doing some updating or something. try again tomorrow.

Comment

forum is back

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
                              So like shortbread cookies?
                              Yep...that and just your plain biscuits with no toppings or fillers.

Tonight I'm trying the Black Forest Tim Tam - it's just not a Tim Tam if it's not the original IMHO. It tastes nice but it's not the same.
                              AT6 - I will bring some.
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

My favourite tim tam was the limited edition dark chocolate and chili. It was out 6 years ago... I remember the year because we ate packets and packets of them during our 2 day 7th from chemistry practical assessment
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X