No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back from my first driving lesson. The instructor let me out onto the highway.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Just got back from my first driving lesson. The instructor let me out onto the highway.
      As in let you drive on the highway or made you get out of the car on the highway?

BTW, if I had known there was such demand for special M & Ms I would have looked for same at the store in Times Square when I was in NY. I bought one small thing for a friend and that was it. I'm more of a Smarties girl myself.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        As in let you drive on the highway or made you get out of the car on the highway?

BTW, if I had known there was such demand for special M & Ms I would have looked for same at the store in Times Square when I was in NY. I bought one small thing for a friend and that was it. I'm more of a Smarties girl myself.
        Haha, I drove on the highway (Ok, so he had is hand resting on the steering wheel ).

Oh, did I mention that he said more than once "get out of the gutter" and meant it literally.

I was so annoyed with my friend when her writers programme in Iowa put her up in a Times Square hotel on the way home and she didn't go in! I don't *care* if she's allergic to chocolate, what about me!?
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

ok, anybody from ireland or who calls ireland answer me this. how many numbers are there supposed to be when i call from the us? this is to the republic, not northern ireland. and i know to dial 011 first. i cannot get calls thru. either i get the phone co. saying it can't go thru as dialed or it tells me i have reached a non-working number. well, i find it hard to believe that every business i've tried to call in ireland has gone out of business. i tried googling and did what they said, but can't get thru. HELP!!! i need to find out is taxis and busses in different places are accessible.

Comment

You need the country code for Ireland ... dial 011 353 then the area code and phone number, so should have a total of 16 digits
            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
            ames on facebook
            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

thanks, i have a bunch of calls to make in the morning. being handicapped, i want to make sure that there are services where i need them so i don't get stranded.

Comment

No problem! Always good to be prepared
                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                ames on facebook
                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

i know i feel much more at ease now that i have all my tickets and hotel reservations. now i can start paying it off before i even go. 27 days till i puddle jump. gotta snag a tall neighbor to get my suitcase down from the garage attic.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    Considering Melbourne is the sports capital of Australia and further south than Sydney I can't see why Melbourne wouldn't have it...why Sydney anyway??

Mmmm...I just had a Reese peanut butter cup this arvo after work - they are just yummy!!!!
                    Speaking of food - I bought some real Canadian Maple syrup today but was torn between which brand to get - we have 4 brands that I am aware of, of Canadian maple syrup - today I got Steves Maple syrup. Any suggestions on what's a good quality brand?
                    I don't go by brand with maple syrup--I check how thick it is by tipping the jar and I like the darker syrup which is sometimes called grade B. I grew up summers in the Adirondacks and they had the best maple syrup--real tasty, not as sweet. I miss it.

As for chocolate, the darker the better. I like 71% cocoa the best. The dark reeses are delicious. And I like After Dinner Mints--really thin with a thin layer of peppermint inside.

Comment

I love after dinner mints but my fave chocolate would be milk chocolate with fruit and nuts or filled with peppermint cream.
                      I'm not as big a fan of chocolate like I used to be - nowadays, I prefer the more savoury things over the sweet things...I'd rather a tub of yoghurt or a dry biscuit with a cup of tea.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        I love after dinner mints but my fave chocolate would be milk chocolate with fruit and nuts or filled with peppermint cream.
                        I'm not as big a fan of chocolate like I used to be - nowadays, I prefer the more savoury things over the sweet things...I'd rather a tub of yoghurt or a dry biscuit with a cup of tea.
                        Are there wet biscuits?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
                          Are there wet biscuits?
                          When they've been dunked there are.

Mumsey
                          Who's a dab hand at dunkin' digestives without having them break up.
                          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

So bringing Reese's peanut butter cups and Reese's Pieces would be a good thing? Or would Peanut Butter M&M's be better?
                            Originally posted by antoa View Post
                            Just a thought. The key to the chocolate party is variety. We really wouldn't want everyone from the US bringing Reeses and peanut butter M&Ms.

If you can afford them, local chocolates are thebest. Unfortunately I can't afford See's bars this year (like I did the first year), so I have opted to get my bag of peanut butter M&M's again this year.
                            I like the M&M's better (YUM), but agree with what Antoa said, variety is good for the party.

If anyone wants to bring an extra bag PBM&M's for me (I'll pay for it of course), please do!! I'll gladly take it home.
                            sigpic

Comment

Are there wet biscuits?
                              This might be a dumb question, but what's a wet biscuit? (apart from dunked ones )

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                I like the M&M's better (YUM), but agree with what Antoa said, variety is good for the party.

If anyone wants to bring an extra bag PBM&M's for me (I'll pay for it of course), please do!! I'll gladly take it home.
                                I can pick up one for you. They were 2 for $5 at Target last time I was there. Hopefully they are still on sale (if not the regular price isn't much more).

Comment

Working...
                                X