No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya, is anyone keen to see a musical on the Thursday night before AT5?

Cel and I are eying up Mamma Mia
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

YES! I adore musicals.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I saw that in London when I was there last time. It was fabulous! The whole audience participated. I have never had so much fun at a play or musical.
        sigpic

Comment

Ridiculously jealous of all you guys right now

Lovebar made by natz099
          My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            YES! I adore musicals.
            Done!

Originally posted by penjab View Post
            I saw that in London when I was there last time. It was fabulous! The whole audience participated. I have never had so much fun at a play or musical.
            Awesome! Now, you have me looking forward to it even more now.

So, besides our countdown, we now have a list for those interested in going to see Mama Mia! on Thursday, Feb. 10th at Prince Edward Theatre. If you're interested, place your name on the list below.

Mama Mia! Musical
            NZNeep/Eileen
            Cel/Brenda
            MidwifeOnBoard/Jennifer

On a side note, we now have a Neep booked to land on this side of the pond. And return later.

Comment

I would be interested in seeing a show, but not really Mama Mia. I am much more of a Golden Age Musicals kind of girl *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen View Post
                Ridiculously jealous of all you guys right now

Argh I could say the same of you - you're now living in the same city as Amanda and the rest of the Sanctuary crew!!
                The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                  I would be interested in seeing a show, but not really Mama Mia. I am much more of a Golden Age Musicals kind of girl *shrugs*
                  I have to admit that I was a bit dubious of seeing Mama Mia the musical...but ended up seeing it twice that's how much fun it was. It really does get the audience up and participating. I loved it. If you like any of the Abba songs, I reckon it's worth going to see.
                  I confess that I am a HUGE ABBA fan. Have seen Bjorn Again & BABBA in concert.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I've seen the Dutch version of Mamma Mia the musical ... loved it! We are big ABBA fans as well ... as a matter of fact, hubby and mine relationship started (way back then lol) with an ABBA song!

I thought going to a musical (Grease) last time was great fun! Even though we spend a lot of time on the tube ... hehe.
                    sigpic

Comment

I saw it once in Las Vegas and loved it. such fun. and the movie could have also been fun had they went for casting people that could sing rather than names
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                        Done!

Awesome! Now, you have me looking forward to it even more now.

So, besides our countdown, we now have a list for those interested in going to see Mama Mia! on Thursday, Feb. 10th at Prince Edward Theatre. If you're interested, place your name on the list below.

Mama Mia! Musical
                        NZNeep/Eileen
                        Cel/Brenda
                        MidwifeOnBoard/Jennifer

On a side note, we now have a Neep booked to land on this side of the pond. And return later.

I haven't seen Mama Mia here in NYC because it just seems like such a tourist show to see (roomie and I try to keep up on the bway shows) but I figure I'll be a tourist in London, so why not?
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Besides I was there watching everything....never know, it might show up in my next book!
                          And joining in, if I remember correctly

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                            Honestly, we could have gone with a classic, but when I was going through the list and mentioned Mama Mia! it just seemed the right one to see; catchy music, upbeat, crazy storyline. It seemed it had everything we wanted for a fun night out with friends. We'd love to have you join us if you reconsider at any point.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              And joining in, if I remember correctly

Hmmmmm! If I remember correctly, that depended on the activity. Sometimes I was the observer (frantically taking notes)! hehehehhe
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post

Hmmmmm! If I remember correctly, that depended on the activity. Sometimes I was the observer (frantically taking notes)! hehehehhe
                                Sooooooo...... if your next book features some loony dancing in a fountain at 2am, I can take credit for that, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X