GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    LIES! You did it! Am about to burst with excitement here! Milou is such a pretty name, did you have it picked out already? Heeeeee!
    Lol, actually we had her full name picked out on our honeymoon already ... which was almost 5 years ago. SO SO happy she is finally here.

Everything is going well, it's an adventure getting to know her. She is SO sweet, can't believe how much I love her. Am not sure if I'll be posting pics of her, hubby doesn't like the idea. Of course she is the most beautiful baby in the world!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      Lol, actually we had her full name picked out on our honeymoon already ... which was almost 5 years ago. SO SO happy she is finally here.

Everything is going well, it's an adventure getting to know her. She is SO sweet, can't believe how much I love her. Am not sure if I'll be posting pics of her, hubby doesn't like the idea. Of course she is the most beautiful baby in the world!
      LOL. Now that's planning!

I completely understand your hubby's view. As you know, I don't like my picture posted either.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
        Hey G4,
        Quick question.......the canceled stamps we saved before AT4......do you still use them with the hearing dogs? I've been saving them and if you do I can bring them to SE and hand them over to whoever is in charge of them (I think it was Mumsey).
        Canceled stamps??? For Hearing dogs??? Can someone please give me info on this or where I can get info for it??

Hi all made it safe and sound to Cali.....few more days and I will be on another plane, heading to Vancouver and then soon to be seeing all of you all at Vanctuary!!

Thanks for the safe traveling messages!!

Comment

Congratulations on your new little baby girl! Enjoy her!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PJzBtrFly View Post
            Canceled stamps??? For Hearing dogs??? Can someone please give me info on this or where I can get info for it??
            Quoting messages from back before AT4:

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            any stamps, and used is preferred

What it is is: Hearing Dogs sells used postage stamps to collectors to raise money. So, collect any used postage stamps and the hearing dogs folks will gladly accept them as a donation to raise a few pounds.

Last i knew the only 'rules' were to please sort them into 'us' 'non-us' bags because that's how they sell them.

Gabit had said they'd have a donation point at the con, and for those that can't go, an address to mail the stamps to for any that want to donate but aren't going to the con

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
            Okay - what you need to do is leave the stamps stuck to the envelope. Don't try to steam or peel them off. Cut around the stamps leaving about 1cm of envelope around them. If you are coming to AT4 bring them with. If not, then stuff them in an envelope and send them to me at GABIT Events Ltd, PO Box 6154, Basildon, Essex SS14 0GE U.K.
            Postage labels don't count, but any proper stamp will, even if it isn't a special edition.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Kay G4
            sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone,

I know I'm a little late to say it here but, congrats to Lies and her hubby on the birth of their wee baby girl!! And to little Milou, welcome to the world little one.

Safe travels to everyone leaving for Vancouver soon. And to those already there, hope your having fun.

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Okay, bags are packed (with copious amounts of bluey goodness ), tickets are printed, and I'm sure I've forgotten a good half dozen things, but I've got the camera, the goodies, and the ID - anything else can be dealt with after I land again, eh? LOL

*glances at clock*

...and signing off now, as I have to be out the door in 2 minutes! Gah!

Safe travels to everyone, and a huge CONGRATS to Lies (and hubby). Welcome to the party Milou! *hugs*
                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                ames on facebook
                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

one little clarification to the stamps rules, it' UK/NON UK sorting...me messed up
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=ames;11750067]Okay, bags are packed (with copious amounts of bluey goodness ), tickets are printed, and I'm sure I've forgotten a good half dozen things, but I've got the camera, the goodies, and the ID - anything else can be dealt with after I land again, eh? LOL

"land again,eh? LOL"

wow, look at that. you haven't even arrived yet and already you are speaking canadian.
                    that just staggers the imagination. that shows how much influence ET-T has.

Comment

[QUOTE=lame moose;11750831]
                      Originally posted by ames View Post
                      Okay, bags are packed (with copious amounts of bluey goodness ), tickets are printed, and I'm sure I've forgotten a good half dozen things, but I've got the camera, the goodies, and the ID - anything else can be dealt with after I land again, eh? LOL

"land again,eh? LOL"

wow, look at that. you haven't even arrived yet and already you are speaking canadian.
                      that just staggers the imagination. that shows how much influence EH-T has.
                      Oh don't tell her that.....we need to keep her ego in check.
                      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=lame moose;11750831]
                        Originally posted by ames View Post

"land again,eh? LOL"

that just staggers the imagination. that shows how much influence ET-T has.
                        [QUOTE=llp;11750862]
                        Originally posted by lame moose View Post

Oh don't tell her that.....we need to keep her ego in check.
                        LOL! Giving me way too much credit. Ames is Canadian.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Thank you very much! I will have to start saving mine now to bring to AT5!!

Comment

Getting last minute packing done...tomorrow I swoop down on JanSam (with Ma in tow), then to Vangroovy on Thursday
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              LOL! Give her time...at least until next week.

Hey, nice to see you. You are going to SE, right?
                              AY, I am! Getting excited. I've been so busy this summer what with Gatecon and getting ready for our music camp (which I'm not attending but being on the board I have to do my part) I've hardly visited the forum. Can't wait to you and everyone. Gatecon was a blast! Took pictures which are on my laptop. Never edited.

See ya soon,

Donamac

Comment

Originally posted by Starbird View Post
                                Just popping in to say Hi!
                                I'm new to Gabit but not new to other "cons".

I've booked Sanctuary and MTM and have just booked a room at the Sheraton. Worked out a bit expensive so if anyone is interested in sharing let me know nearer the time.

Nice hotel though and Starbucks in basement is always good.

North tower is nearest the "con" rooms if anyone needs to know.
                                The hotel is 20 min. walk to seafront and in the other direction "Cupcakes" well worth the visit.
                                The trolley bus and other tour buses stop opposite the hotel if anyone wants to see the city and the Skytrain is 10 minute walk away.
                                Loads of eating places nearby too.

Can't wait to go back again and catch up with you all.
                                Can't believe I posted this a year ago and now here it is!
                                Last day at work today, then packing etc.
                                See you all very soon.
                                Yippie.
                                Safe travels.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X