Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    Mine is still going scarily fast
    Since it's getting really close, here's a little something to help you get ready

Spoiler:
    PUSH!!!

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

lolol
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Gosh, not yet!

I have this big project planned, but don't know what colour it needs to be. Lies, what colours do you like that can go on a boy and a girl? How about dark blue- I think all babies with blue eyes look good in dark blue. Or you know... whisper in my ear what you are expecting so I can get started
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I'm too scared to contemplate countdowns but I am still....I feel I work better under pressure....usually

I have 7 more days to get the my contribution to the SE auction done , 15 more work days , 26 days til I head out, 27 days til ComicCon, 35 Days til Vanctuary....In between this I need to pack, finish my costume, do a HUGE house tidy for my house sitter, lavish love and afftection on my pooches, spend some time with my niece, get my hair done (having it straightened CANNOT WAIT!!), get all my paperwork in order and actually look at planning a little better my post Vanctuary Canada travels
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Since it's getting really close, here's a little something to help you get ready

Spoiler:
            PUSH!!!

Thanks! I needed that.
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
            Anon

Comment

Originally posted by PaganX View Post
              I'm too scared to contemplate countdowns but I am still....I feel I work better under pressure....usually

I have 7 more days to get the my contribution to the SE auction done , 15 more work days , 26 days til I head out, 27 days til ComicCon, 35 Days til Vanctuary....In between this I need to pack, finish my costume, do a HUGE house tidy for my house sitter, lavish love and afftection on my pooches, spend some time with my niece, get my hair done (having it straightened CANNOT WAIT!!), get all my paperwork in order and actually look at planning a little better my post Vanctuary Canada travels
              Looks like you need a 30 hour day to get most of that done!
              sigpic

Comment

Hi Guys time for an Update on our Vancouver 2010 events.

We are putting up the Pre-sales for Photo and Auto Ops for TSE on the Legends site at 2pm Vancouver time (10pm UK time) tomorrow, Friday 25th June. They will remain on sale until they are sold out or until Friday 2nd July at 2pm (Vancouver time). At that point any remaining ops will be taken down and held for cash sales at the event. Photo ops are very limited and so are restricted to one op per attendee per guest while stocks last. Auto ops are more abundant so you can order more than one per attendee per guest if you wish. If you are buying ops for someone else, please make sure you put all your SE numbers in the information box on your order. Please order your ops in as few transactions on the site as possible ( Ie put them all in your cart before checking out rather than doing it one at a time). This will reduce admin and fees.
                All the tickets for the ops will be in the ordering persons ticket packet when they register. Prices for each op will be on the listings.

Also going up are pre orders for PICK UP ONLY of event garments. This year we are offering normal t-shirts and hoodies only. You can choose which of the event logos you have on the shirts. There will be separate listings for each size of each type of garment so please check the listings and choose carefully. If you make a mistake let us know asap. Please direct queries to [email protected] rather than the Legends team.

Legends are also please to be pre-selling for PICK UP ONLY Sanctuary for Kids T-shirts. All the profits from the sale of these limited edition shirts will be going to Sanctuary for Kids. Again, different listing for every size.

Sizes for all garments range from Small to XXXL. Prices will be on the listings. I am going to say this again. all orders are for pick up at the event only. We are not going to be shipping anything before or after the event. Please order the items you want in advance as, to keep costs down (and therefore maximise the amount of money going to charity), we will only have a very limited number of extra items for size swaps.

We've had some questions about the differences between all the "meet up" events we have at our events and as a few are new and different in Vancouver here's the skinny:-

Meet your fellow Sancturians (TSE) Friday afternoon time/ Location TBA (at AT events called Amanda's fans not alone) Free and open to all, even if you are not new or travelling on your own. No refreshments are provided. Bring your own ( there's a starbucks in the hotel )

Meet & Greet - (TSE) Friday evening. Paid ticket entry, munchies provided, cash bar in the room, Guests will be in attendance ( no I can't tell you who!) and circulate tables. Other entertainment also planned ( but it's top secret!) This is NOT a photo or Auto opportunity fest with the guests. Policies on use of cameras will be provided later but absolutely NO Autographs will be allowed.

MTM (and for that matter AT events) Cocktail Party, Thursday Evening of MTM.(also known as a Charmed Pass). At a GABIT event this is a ticket entry, formal dress, sit down buffet three course hot meal. The main guest will be present after dinner to circulate the tables. When the chat time is over, a group shot of the table is taken by our GABIT photographer and each person on the table is given a copy of the print. You may take pictures during the event, but not when the guest is at your table. Please be respectful of others and the guests when taking pictures, if we deem anyone to be being intrusive we will ask them to stop taking pictures. While the guest is circulating we ask everyone to stay in their seats unless they need to go to the bar or the loo. ie, no standing near the table the guest is on seemingly chatting or taking pictures.

Abnormal's Ball ( TSE/ AT events) Saturday night disco in the main hall. this is a "fancy dress costume" ball. Come as an abnormal. You can go as far or near as you please with this one. As long as you can describe what your abnormality is, you can enter. We've had some great costumes and clever abnormalities. No food (unless you count blue jello if they can find enough fridges!) cash bar. Disco music in Hall, there's a lobby outside the hall where people can chat away from the music. Cameras generally allowed, if any guests do attend, please, again be respectful and certainly do not ask for autographs.

"Duct Tape Ball" Saturday night The theme for MTM is duct tape, bring some duct tape, and or wear some. Have fun. it's that easy. No food, cash bar. Disco Music. There's a lobby outside the hall where people can chat away from the music. Cameras allowed. RDA will likely NOT be attending this evening event.

New for Vancouver 2010, because we tend to have attendees hanging out on Sunday night in the lovely ren lobby, and there isn't a place to do that at the Sheraton, we have arranged some wind down gatherings.

"Nautilus decompression Zone" Sunday evening (TSE) ( location to be announced in the venue) cash bar, no food. No disco music.

"Jack's Cabin" (MTM) Same as above.

I think that covers all the stuff we have gong on in the evenings. There is nothing formal planned on Friday evening of MTM. The hall/ reg and dealers room will all be closed so that is a good time for people to go out together.

We are not releasing the schedules yet, and e-tickets will be going out no later than two weeks before the event.
                If you have any questions PLEASE e-mail [email protected] or [email protected] . DO NOT PM individual members of the team on forums, we're extremely busy and covering for each other on these addresses, if you PM or privately e-mail someone your question may not be dealt with promptly.
                We are just over a month away from bringin you two events we have been working on for years. We look forward to seeing you in Vancouver
                Safe travels

Becks

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                  <snip>

Abnormal's Ball ( TSE/ AT events) Saturday night disco in the main hall. this is a "fancy dress costume" ball. Come as an abnormal. You can go as far or near as you please with this one. As long as you can describe what your abnormality is, you can enter. We've had some great costumes and clever abnormalities. No food (unless you count blue jello if they can find enough fridges!) cash bar. Disco music in Hall, there's a lobby outside the hall where people can chat away from the music. Cameras generally allowed, if any guests do attend, please, again be respectful and certainly do not ask for autographs.
                  Just to clarify, that ^^ reads as though we can only go to the ball if we are in fancy dress Somebody want to tell me otherwise? Please?

Comment

One note on another event going on.

Virtual Babyshower for Lies (samjackshipper)

Lies is within days of having her own little Samandan, so anyone that wants to participate in a virtual baby shower, please do. Bring one little thing (emphasis on ONE and LITTLE) for an infant, in the 6-12 month size - not newborn, she says she has a lot of that stuff. get it to me and I'll mail it to Lies. Please also, have your name on it or have a card attached to it so she knows what comes from whom.

Ideas are like a onesie, or little socks or a binkie.....you moms out there know those little things that you found indispensable for your own kids.

This is 100% voluntary.

At MTM i'll be the main hall boss, at SE i'll be with guest services, so i'll be around.

thanks and pass the word to anyone you think might be interested
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                      Just to clarify, that ^^ reads as though we can only go to the ball if we are in fancy dress Somebody want to tell me otherwise? Please?
                      There's an echo somewhere... You ave to be ablemto stae what your abnormality is if it's invisible.

have fun.
                      becks

Comment

*flops* I'm tired just reading that!

Good luck getting everything done in time!

Last year at AT4, the first year they held the abby ball, I had packing restrictions (ie I was backpacking/couch surfing/hosteling for the most part across England) so I elected to not get a costume together. They do ask at the door, but I just said I had x-ray eyes which worked.

Try and do something though, no matter how simple it might seem as you'll love the experience. Some people just put glitter on their hair/face, some bought horn hairbands to wear, some fake vampire teeth, etc.. It doesn't have to be anything elaborate and could always be taken off later for the dancing if you feel it would bother you.

Comment

Thanks Celandine, that's very helpful

Comment

Auction! Squirrel!

That makes me tired just reading it.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            One note on another event going on.

Virtual Babyshower for Lies (samjackshipper)

Lies is within days of having her own little Samandan, so anyone that wants to participate in a virtual baby shower, please do. Bring one little thing (emphasis on ONE and LITTLE) for an infant, in the 6-12 month size - not newborn, she says she has a lot of that stuff. get it to me and I'll mail it to Lies. Please also, have your name on it or have a card attached to it so she knows what comes from whom.

Ideas are like a onesie, or little socks or a binkie.....you moms out there know those little things that you found indispensable for your own kids.

This is 100% voluntary.

At MTM i'll be the main hall boss, at SE i'll be with guest services, so i'll be around.

thanks and pass the word to anyone you think might be interested
                            Yes, we have TSE and TBE (The Baby Event).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                              *flops* I'm tired just reading that! Good luck getting everything done in time!
                              I was gonna say that! And I thought I had a lot to do...filppin eck!
                              Legends are also please to be pre-selling for PICK UP ONLY Sanctuary for Kids T-shirts. All the profits from the sale of these limited edition shirts will be going to Sanctuary for Kids. Again, different listing for every size.
                              Such a pity...would have loved to have got my hands on one of those shirts...if only to support S4K.
                              Abnormal's Ball ( TSE/ AT events) Saturday night disco in the main hall. this is a "fancy dress costume" ball. Come as an abnormal. You can go as far or near as you please with this one. As long as you can describe what your abnormality is, you can enter. We've had some great costumes and clever abnormalities.
                              We are just over a month away from bringin you two events we have been working on for years. We look forward to seeing you in Vancouver
                              Safe travels
                              Becks
                              Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                              Last year at AT4, the first year they held the abby ball, I had packing restrictions (ie I was backpacking/couch surfing/hosteling for the most part across England) so I elected to not get a costume together. They do ask at the door, but I just said I had x-ray eyes which worked.
                              You know I'm not sure whether to feel lucky I was never asked or sad that I wasn't asked...coz I walked into that ball and no one asked....and I wasn't even in fancy dress!!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

You do have to have some clothes on Jumble....nudity is not a "symbol" of being an abnormal! Fancy dress is reference to a costume. At AT4 I went with a "invisible" attibute so no one could tell and I went in my "street" clothes so don't worry, no formal gowns required. I'm still trying to think of something (anything) I can to have some sort or costume.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X