• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
    I’m so ridiculously proud to finally to be able to say this:
    I hereby invite you all to participate in
    the AT5 Photo Mosaic Project!

First off, thank you Sue from GABIT that approved this project!

So what is this all about then? Well, I’m going to make a photo mosaic out of photographs of Amanda Tapping. If you’re unfamiliar with the concept of photo mosaics you can check out >>this one<< I made a while back.
    The finished mosaic will end up on a poster that will be sold at the AT5 charity auction.

However, I’m going to need some help achieving this. The mosaic will be made out of photos of AT that you guys have taken of her, these photos will then be made into tiles, which will make up the actual mosaic.

So there’s basically two main ways to contribute to this project.

1. If you have taken photos of Amanda (at conventions or otherwise), you can give permission to let them be used for this project. (This project kinda hinges on this, since I don’t have any photos of her myself, lol)

2. If you have any Photoshop skill or otherwise have the slightest of know how of wielding a photo processing software, you can help making the mosaic tiles. (Those familiar with icon or userpic making on live journal will know what this is all about)
    And there’s going to be a lot of tiles… lots and lots of tiles

The wonderful and fantastic thing is, I only launched this project a few days ago and I already have people lining up volunteering to make tiles! However they don’t have any photos to work from, yet.
    So if you have photos and want to give your consent for others to use them in the project it would be so much appreciated, a very valuable contribution and a huge step in getting the project on the way.

So if you want to know more or participate please read through the participation specifications of the project >>here<< and if there’s any questions don’t hesitate to ask just here at the forum or send a mail to [email protected].

(Almost forgot, there’s also another way to contribute; if you happen to have taken high quality, high resolution photos of AT (preferably at AT3 or AT4) I would really like to know, because I’m going to need a template image to build the mosaic on.)

Thanks for your time I’m so excited to get started on this project and it’s going to be so much fun and in the end with your help I believe the result will be quite stunning.

Hey there, I think that is an awesome idea! Not sure how you're going to manage to make that many tiles, but I guess it's possible.

Feel free to use any of my convention pictures from the Chicago 2009 con as they were posted in the Gateworld gallery.
    http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/thu...bum=765&page=2
    I actually have loads more from that con, I just picked my favorites for the GW gallery, so I can send more if you need more.
    I also should have pics from the Vancouver 2009 con but since I was in the 4th instead of the first row they won't be as sharp. Let me know if you want me to find those.

Also, I can help with some tiles, I do have a bit of Photoshop experience, though I have a very busy life so don't expect crazy big numbers.

I'll post this on LJ as well.

EDIT: Check out http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/5...1#post10000987 to get an idea of my Vancouver 2009 pics quality. Will dig through my backups to find them.
    Last edited by elephantgirl; 07 May 2010, 02:45 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

So what is this all about then? Well, I’m going to make a photo mosaic out of photographs of Amanda Tapping. If you’re unfamiliar with the concept of photo mosaics you can check out >>this one<< I made a while back.
      The finished mosaic will end up on a poster that will be sold at the AT5 charity auction.

However, I’m going to need some help achieving this. The mosaic will be made out of photos of AT that you guys have taken of her, these photos will then be made into tiles, which will make up the actual mosaic.

1. If you have taken photos of Amanda (at conventions or otherwise), you can give permission to let them be used for this project. (This project kinda hinges on this, since I don’t have any photos of her myself, lol)

2. If you have any Photoshop skill or otherwise have the slightest of know how of wielding a photo processing software, you can help making the mosaic tiles. (Those familiar with icon or userpic making on live journal will know what this is all about)

The wonderful and fantastic thing is, I only launched this project a few days ago and I already have people lining up volunteering to make tiles! However they don’t have any photos to work from, yet.
      So if you have photos and want to give your consent for others to use them in the project it would be so much appreciated, a very valuable contribution and a huge step in getting the project on the way.

So if you want to know more or participate please read through the participation specifications of the project >>here<< and if there’s any questions don’t hesitate to ask just here at the forum or send a mail to [email protected].

(Almost forgot, there’s also another way to contribute; if you happen to have taken high quality, high resolution photos of AT (preferably at AT3 or AT4) I would really like to know, because I’m going to need a template image to build the mosaic on.)

Thanks for your time I’m so excited to get started on this project and it’s going to be so much fun and in the end with your help I believe the result will be quite stunning.

I have a few from GateCon '08 that I can send ya! Does it matter if there are other guests in the picture or would you want them photoshopped out? And I have Photoshop and could "tile" them if I knew what that meant! LOL! As I am assuming that you would want them cropped to a certian size? Or I could just send them to you and let you do as you want with them.

Always happy to share for Charity. Especially for Amanda!
      My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
      "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Sounds like a brilliant idea to me...
        how long do you plan to take pictures? I got some pretty good close ups from AT4... but I think I won't manage to send them out before middle of July... as I am moving into a new flat and the portable harddrive is in some box but don't ask me which :-(

Comment

Quick question.

Does anybody know about this hotel booking code? I reread the email and it mentioned the ash-cloud and holding onto it for now. And after asking through email to see if I'd missed it, i realised I could have just asked you guys instead?

Any help would be appreciated I don't understand the code thing or how it works, so, I'm definitely a newbie on this one.

EDIT: It's okay, I got a response. Worry over. I feel like I understand now. Phew.
          Last edited by m_wendy_r; 07 May 2010, 01:09 PM.
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Not able to quote anything due to the nubbins.

2shy,
            good on you for doing this for the charity auction. Sorry I have no pictures to contribute (not that I would know how to deal with them even if I had them) but perhaps I can contribute by bidding on it at the auction.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

hi eh-t, i finally found my way over here to the gabit thread. didn't even know there was one here till a few days ago. i've read thru the last 50-60 pages and wow, i've missed a lot. i'm all set for vancouver, although i'm trying to talk the person who will be taking care of my mother and diabetic dog into staying with them for 2-3 more days so i can do a little sight seeing-maybe a whale watch trip. hopefully that will work out. we drove across canada(ontario to bc) last spring for the vancouver con and didn't see a single moose. so i'm beginning to doubt there are really any there. i really wanted to see some and was very disappointed. i did see some buffalo, but it just wasn't the same. very disappointing. so i will see you and trin and several others that i met at at4 and am looking forward to that. things are also set for at5. i went to iceland after at4. why couldn't the volcano erupt then?! that would have been soooo cool. all i saw were dormant ones(which were still pretty awesome when you think about it).
              i've got several pix from the 4 times i saw amanda last year. i'll have to figure out how to send them for the project. the last time i sent anyone a picture it almost crashed their site. it was to gabit and i had no idea that it was a big file. i've learned how to send smaller pictures now. thanks to the wonderful people who work at the apple store. so i'll start working on that tomorrow. ok, just wanted to say hi to everyone.

susan (mocha on gabit forum)

Comment

Hi Mocha! And welcome back Suse!

Sanna ... woo hoo ... can't wait for pics to come in to start some iconmaking!!
                sigpic

Comment

^Wow - 10 weeks to go Lies....that's awesome. Time to keep those feet elevated and enjoy the rest of the growing bump...it should be getting quite big now. Take care.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    ^Wow - 10 weeks to go Lies....that's awesome. Time to keep those feet elevated and enjoy the rest of the growing bump...it should be getting quite big now. Take care.
                    Aww .. thank you Chelle Bump is growing nicely and so am I ... lol. Midwife appointment last week was great! Pregnancy is going by the book, bloodpressure and stuff couldn't be better. Yay! 6 more weeks of work, then my leave starts. More yay
                    Maybe I'll take another bump-picture this weekend and post it. *hugs*
                    sigpic

Comment

Still having trouble quoting (antoa, those nubbins are totally out of control )

lame moose,

Glad you finally found your way here. Can't believe you read all those pages!

As for the moose, may I recommend you go to Newfoundland. Drive any highway and you are sure to see some but *warning* drive slow, they do a lot of damage!

Very cool you got to go to Iceland. Somewhere I have always wanted to go.

SamJackShipLover,

Not at all surprised the pregnancy is going exactly to plan. You are a very organised person!

On a related note, some of my family have been talking for years about a trip to the UK and Ireland and I've always told them I'd go along. So when did they finally decide to go? 2011! But not in February of course so I may have to make 2 trips next year! Off to check the aeroplan points ....

Comment

2 trips? you poor girl. wish i could afford that. at4 was my 1st trip out of the country(canada and the bahamas don't count). most of my traveling has been to new england and maritime canada. never saw any moose there either. maybe because i hugged the coastline all the way to the tip of newfoundland. i did get to see a real iceberg tho. only place i've seen moose was in new england. iceland was fantastic...no moose there either. they actually have very little wildlife there. i'll be dragging my laptop along to vanc. if you care to see some pictures.
                        actually i read all those pages looking for familiar names but didn't see too many unless people use different names on this site, like me(accidentally).
                        well our neighbor agreed to baby sit mom and dog, so now i need to change my airline plans and book the hotel room for a few more days. can't wait to see everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose View Post
                          2 trips? you poor girl. wish i could afford that. at4 was my 1st trip out of the country(canada and the bahamas don't count). most of my traveling has been to new england and maritime canada. never saw any moose there either. maybe because i hugged the coastline all the way to the tip of newfoundland. i did get to see a real iceberg tho. only place i've seen moose was in new england. iceland was fantastic...no moose there either. they actually have very little wildlife there. i'll be dragging my laptop along to vanc. if you care to see some pictures.
                          actually i read all those pages looking for familiar names but didn't see too many unless people use different names on this site, like me(accidentally).
                          well our neighbor agreed to baby sit mom and dog, so now i need to change my airline plans and book the hotel room for a few more days. can't wait to see everybody.
                          I would love to see your Iceland pics!

People do use different names (some at least) here v. Gabit. Maybe they could give both so you know who is who.

I am also looking forward to TSE. Seeing those attendees I know, meeting new ones. I think it will be a hoot given the fact it is the first Sanctuary con and I'm sure the guests will all be excited to be doing the con.
                          Last edited by EH-T; 08 May 2010, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                            Aww .. thank you Chelle Bump is growing nicely and so am I ... lol. Midwife appointment last week was great! Pregnancy is going by the book, bloodpressure and stuff couldn't be better. Yay! 6 more weeks of work, then my leave starts. More yay
                            Maybe I'll take another bump-picture this weekend and post it. *hugs*
                            And would we allow for anything different. Your little bump is also our pleasure - watching a new AT fan grow from the beginning.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oooh... what if the Nubbin grows up to be one of those people who just can't stand sci fi?

Just putting it out there.

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Still having trouble quoting (antoa, those nubbins are totally out of control )
                                Personally, I haven't learned how to do it but to edit and cut on my own. If there is another way, I don't know it....

As for the moose, may I recommend you go to Newfoundland. Drive any highway and you are sure to see some but *warning* drive slow, they do a lot of damage!
                                No kidding unless you own a MAC truck or something..... But that would be cool to see a moose up close and personal....they have such a fun looking body. I've seen bears, deer, and even wild turkeys, but never a moose.

Very cool you got to go to Iceland. Somewhere I have always wanted to go.
                                I agree. Something about Iceland that I've always wanted to see and visit. Maybe someday.

SamJackShipLover,

Not at all surprised the pregnancy is going exactly to plan. You are a very organised person!
                                hmmmmmm???

On a related note, some of my family have been talking for years about a trip to the UK and Ireland and I've always told them I'd go along. So when did they finally decide to go? 2011! But not in February of course so I may have to make 2 trips next year! Off to check the aeroplan points ....
                                Now that is a hardship I could learn to live with. You are lucky you have family that are going and are willing to have you come along - of course, why wouldn't they...

However, you did get to the UK for AT3, AT4 and now AT5.... I don't know how much touring you did, but you did have fun!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X