No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't the surgery, but it's the type of incision I will be getting. Warning, don't look if this kind of thing makes you squeamish...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxtFhZ1nvLw

In other news, I have 12 year old cousin who is completely obsessed with Justin Bieber (no, really, "and not like the other girls"). She won a competition and gets to hang out with him today as he goes to various gigs and photo ops and stuff, gets to have lunch with him. She just sent me a text saying she is having so much fun, like OMG. I said to mum, "aren't you glad I was never like?"

Mum said "no, you just followed Amanda Tapping to the other side of the world."

o_0

... 's different.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      This isn't the surgery, but it's the type of incision I will be getting. Warning, don't look if this kind of thing makes you squeamish...

In other news, I have 12 year old cousin who is completely obsessed with Justin Bieber (no, really, "and not like the other girls"). She won a competition and gets to hang out with him today as he goes to various gigs and photo ops and stuff, gets to have lunch with him. She just sent me a text saying she is having so much fun, like OMG. I said to mum, "aren't you glad I was never like?"

o_0

... 's different.

...It IS different!
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post

...It IS different!
        Exactly. Our love is real

She had so much fun with him today and has put a photo up on facebook. She's 12 and much taller than him All the screaming girls on the news will be so jealous when the Sunday morning kids show that ran the competition airs. Crazy kids.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Exactly. Our love is real

She had so much fun with him today and has put a photo up on facebook. She's 12 and much taller than him All the screaming girls on the news will be so jealous when the Sunday morning kids show that ran the competition airs. Crazy kids.
          Indeed

Those crazy kids. I've never understood the fascination myself...

However, I can completely see the attraction to being the one who makes the other kids insanely jealous. She's gonna be one happy bunny! Hahaha
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

o_0

... 's different.
            I had a triple incision laparoscopy 2 years ago (right after AT3 .. how is that for on topic ) ... I don't think it's smart to be looking at clips of it before you have it!! Ignorance is bliss! But it really wasn't so bad, didn't even have to stay overnight.

I have no idea who that Justin guy is, but way cool for your cousin!
            sigpic

Comment

I had that procedure done about 5 years or 6 years ago. Through the belly button and 3 smaller holes...one on the left and two on the right...the drainage tube was the worst part for me. I was in hospital for 4 days...BP dropped too much so had an IV for the entire stay.
              o_0
              ... 's different.
              Totally! Following Amanda to the other side of the world so outweighs following...who was that boy??? Just wait til his voice cracks.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                I had a triple incision laparoscopy 2 years ago (right after AT3 .. how is that for on topic ) ... I don't think it's smart to be looking at clips of it before you have it!! Ignorance is bliss! But it really wasn't so bad, didn't even have to stay overnight.
                I had a single incision laparoscopy back in 94 to find out why we couldn't get pregnant.
                I agree...ignorance for me certainly was bliss.
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

That's quite enough of that!

Day 3 of caffeine withdrawal and my head still hurts. Oh, and I looked up the surgery I'm getting in a week on youtube... not a good idea
                  Hey! That's my line!

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                  Your surgery is on Youtube????????? Man ... is there anything that isn't there?

Welcome Tesla Twin! I'll go find the last list and add you (since it's 4 am over here and somehow I can't sleep ... again ... I need something to do!)
                  That baby is a night owl!

o_0

... 's different.
                  You Kiwis sure love those Canucks!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Oh wow... it's weird how people just don't talk about these things, isn't it? I bring it up and everyone is all "me too!" So reassuring

I just spent some time on the phone to the hospital and my insurance company and I'm all sorted- all set for next Wednesday. Mum reckons I have to leave Magnus at home because dogs aren't allowed in hospital.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      Hey! That's my line!
                      I felt it was necessary in this case

Anyway, selective listening/highlighting is my thing

That baby is a night owl!
                      Hopefully the Nubbin will learn to sleep at night once s/he is born

You Kiwis sure love those Canucks!
                      Hey, the 2 countries outside the UK that love Corrie Street have to stick together. Yep.
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

HI ALL!!

Just a quick post to say, I am going to AT5!!! Am looking forward to seeing you all again. Being one of only....what was it 10 guys?...lovin' the ratio!!
                        Hope to check in again soon, have been off GW for a while to avoid spoilers for SGU,

Best to all here

S'n'T
                        "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                        Sara O' Neill's father;
                        COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
                          HI ALL!!

Just a quick post to say, I am going to AT5!!! Am looking forward to seeing you all again. Being one of only....what was it 10 guys?...lovin' the ratio!!
                          Hope to check in again soon, have been off GW for a while to avoid spoilers for SGU,

Best to all here

S'n'T
                          It'll be so great to see you again!
                          sigpic

Comment

It's official! I got my AT5 receipt! My ticket is paid for! WAHOO!
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey there Elephant Girl!!! Great to see you oh and thanks for the FB friends thing. Am not an FB person really, got sucked in via a buddy, and don't update at all!!

Willl be great to catch up with you at AT5!

Best to all the other GABITEERS here!!

S'n'T
                              "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                              Sara O' Neill's father;
                              COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
                                HI ALL!!

Best to all here

S'n'T
                                Ooh YAY! Will be awesome seeing you again!

Originally posted by halfbloodme View Post
                                It's official! I got my AT5 receipt! My ticket is paid for! WAHOO!
                                *cheers with you*

Comment

Working...
                                X