GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
    Jumble, I shall just drag people with me?

Julia, Yessssss. I am. I am. Will be great to finally meet you
    Yes yes! You can bring anyone And Julia especially

Gosh! Never thought I wood be excited about AT5 when I'm not even going

Comment

[QUOTE]
      Originally posted by ames View Post

Ooh trying to outbid Eh-T means lots of cardio for AT and Thomasina! Watch out though - she might still be a wee bit bitter *hugs my forgiving fellow Canuck*
      Cardio is good!

Originally posted by llp View Post
      So just who are you blaming for outbidding you sometimes?

If I recall, you did like to bid up some of those bids sometimes...... So no grudges now....AT wouldn't approve.
      LOL! That wasn't directed at you.

Ha, AT laughed at my bitterness.

Originally posted by halfbloodme View Post
      Will this be your first con? No
      Why did you choose GABIT?AT4 was amazing and so I want to go again
      Are you coming from a distance or near the con site?Leeds so not too far I guess
      Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans?A group including m_wendy_r
      Welcome. Here are my answers FYI.

Will this be your first con? No. I've been to AT3, AT4 and one Creation event in Vancouver
      Why did you choose GABIT?This time? Because their emphasis is on charity and I had so much fun the last two times. The first time? Because their emphasis is on charity and because of all the good things I had heard about Gabit events.
      Are you coming from a distance or near the con site?From Canada, so pretty darned far
      Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans?Nope. Coming on my own but lots of friends once I'm there

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
      Might as well add myself to the list.

AT5 attendees
      SamJackShipLover- Holland
      Celandine/Brenda - USA
      LeeFraser - Alison - UK
      2Shy/Sanna - Sweden (But really Åland)
      EH-T- land of moose and beaver
      Scythe - Jen - UK
      antoa - land of unemployment (for now)
      Hannah (Tittamiire) - UK and my own planet
      Julia (samcarterrules) - Scotland
      Donna (Julia's carer) - Scotland
      Doris (Julia's carer) - Scotland
      PengYn - land of shiny hair and hug-me eyes
      Andrea (Andy) - Germany
      Laurie (llp) - Pacific North West
      ames / bluejelloqueen - Crazy Canuck (like there's really any other kind, eh? LOL)
      Chloe aka Prelsey_carter (Australia, but will be in Vancouver at that time)
      elephantgirl - weird Belgian that used to call Chicago home
      Donamac/Dona - another Pacific Northwester (love that rainy weather)
      Fresh Horse - Eureka!
      Wendy - m_wendy_r -- UK!

So excited to see so many familiar names on this list
      Woohoo!

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Which is crazy since AT5 is so close to you compared to TSE. On the other hand, TSE has a certian something extra, eh?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by eh-t View Post
        <snip>

Which is crazy since at5 is so close to you compared to tse. On the other hand, tse has a certian something extra, eh?
        Indeed it does

And if I find out that that certain 'something' turned up for a guest appearance at AT5 I will be mortified that I didn't go

I'm telling myself it.just.won't.happen..........

Comment

Indeed it does

And if I find out that that certain 'something' turned up for a guest appearance at AT5 I will be mortified that I didn't go

I'm telling myself it.just.won't.happen..........
          To my knowledge no one has made a surprise appearance at AT events other than RDA calling in. I think you are safe.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            To my knowledge no one has made a surprise appearance at AT events other than RDA calling in. I think you are safe.
            Phew! *sighs with relief*

That wood be just too awful/awesome to miss

Comment

the link is probably still up cause the con ain't 'sold out' until the tickets are bought and paid for.

now, they have 330ish tickets...if they had 400 requests, then yeah, they might put up the sold out sign. but if they only had 350 requests....aint sold out until it's paid for because i'll bet you that a good 10-15% of folks will sign up then back out for whatever reasons
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Oh you have to drag her down to Surrey afterwards! All WooHoos welcome at my house, and anybody else that wants to come
                Well, since I haven't made any hotel or plane reservations yet, I'm sure it can be arranged.
                sigpic

Comment

LOL! That wasn't directed at you.

Ha, AT laughed at my bitterness.
                  She did make that one joke about lawyers now didn't she....... and I was thinking about the person who sat right off the center aisle and the two of you bid up a few things. You were nice enough not to bid on the few things I bid on so I got my little friendly nubbin and he sitting on my printer watching me right now.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    Hey Dona - how are you doing. Are you going to Vancouver in July/August?
                    I sure am! Where do you live?

Comment

Are you coming from a distance or near the con site?Leeds so not too far I guess
                      Great post! And welcome!
                      My answers:
                      1. No, I've been to AT2, AT3 and AT4
                      2. The events are amazing and its like being with family. EVERYONE is special and important to the GABIT family!
                      3. Scotland, so not to far in comparison but a wee bit.
                      4. My friends/carers Donna and Doris (the 2 D's ) who have come to like AT through attending GABIT events. (They are awesome friends! )

Hehe! *hugs* I miss the Woohoos!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                        I sure am! Where do you live?
                        Great, I'll see you there. I'm driving up.

I moved to Mercer Island in September. I live in the village.

Where abouts are you?
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm undecided about the cocktail party. I did opt for the lottery but if I get the opportunity to get a ticket, I'll make my decision then. I won't go into the reasons here but, in all honesty, didn't think it was worth it last time. The first time it was so that is why I'm undecided.
                          I think if I was able to go to AT5 I would choose to not do the cocktail party because I'd like to give someone new the opportunity and also because it was over so quick and I reckon a dinner or night out with a huge bunch of gabiteers would be just as much fun.
                          I know I'm not going but can I join in?
                          Will this be your first con? If I was going I would have to say no...I was at AT4 and have been to a few here in Oz.
                          Why did you choose GABIT? Sometimes I think Gabit chose me but Gabit are just the most fabulous wonderful awesome folks out there...I adore them and can't wait to meet them again...once you meet the Gabit team, you just can't help but be continually drawn to them.
                          Are you coming from a distance or near the con site? From Australia...so yeah, if I was coming...I would say quite a distance!
                          Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans? When I come to AT6, I'm hoping to be with at least 2 others...but it's not just that I will be coming with like minded fans...I'm going to be meeting up with everyone again and that to me is what makes a major highlight of the weekend.
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                            Great post! And welcome!
                            My answers:
                            2. The events are amazing and its like being with family. EVERYONE is special and important to the GABIT family!
                            4. My friends/carers Donna and Doris (the 2 D's ) who have come to like AT through attending GABIT events. (They are awesome friends! )

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            WOO. I finally get to meet the 2 D's? Fabulous!
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Will this be your first con? Nope
                              Why did you choose GABIT?Because they get Amanda back in town!
                              Are you coming from a distance or near the con site?1 hour flight, pretty close IMHO.
                              Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans?Only if you call two people a group. Then again, I will be bringing Anke who sometimes brings her evil twin Ekna and none of them are fans. They just like the con.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                                Great post! And welcome!
                                My answers:

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                Thank you muchly. And I have to say I love your answers too... everyone going to a GABIT con feels like family. Last year was my first time and I felt completely welcomed. I was shaking like a leaf waiting for the photo op and Amanda asked why, I just looked at her and said "Because you're you." Then it was hug time. I think that memory will stay with me forever. The warmth of Amanda's hug and her concern at my nerves, yup definitely cemented the reasons I have been a fan since I was 13 (oh my that's almost 15 years).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X