Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Major understatement!

I realised after it was a bit premature to be adding my name to the AT5 list before I paid. Money now sent so I can stay on the list. Just FYI for those still to send. When filling in the screen to send money, it required a phone number for Gabit. Didn't have this but you might want to check their website just in case (although I don't know if Gabit has a phone number). The suggestion we had from the manager was to include the receiving bank's phone number instead. We found that and used it. Seemed to work OK.
    My bank didn't require phone numbers, but it did require both addresses, which I of course didn't have on me! *rolls eyes at self* Thankfully I have friends who don't mind being woken up at (relatively) early hours to answer random questions, like PO box numbers

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    Mine was just sent out too. Had to call my bank though as I forgot to mention my AT reference number for the wire transfer. Gah!

My bank filled in the form for me but didn't need an address or phone number, just all the other required info. Hmm, mine went out fine so I'll just sit tight and see if it made it without incident.

Darn the exchange rate though and the fact banks aren't open on Sundays. It would have been cheaper yesterday.
    Thanks again for waking up enough to give me the PO Box number! *hugs*
    I think it's a bit odd that each bank has their own system for what information they require to send the wire transfer - Eh-T needed a phone number, I needed both addresses, but Cel didn't need any of the extra stuff ... you'd think that there would be a set amount of info required and that was that. Huh. *shrug* Each to their own, I suppose.
    But anyways, I'm sent, and just awaiting the confirmation that it arrived! Yay!

For me, the exchange rate is way better now than it was in November. Good timing for me, thanks G4.
    What she said! Yay for G4

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
    Bold part: What she said. Just so you know gals I'm gonna keep you to your words about AT6

So who is waiting anxiously for the cocktail-party tickets to be allocated?
    Not me, actually. At AT4 I was so sure I was going for it but changed my mind (this time), even though it would be possible money wise, I had sucha blast friday night last time I didn't felt I missed out on anything. Plus I got to say a quick hello to AT in the lobby anyways so, all in all a very good night
    Also this means I'm freeing up some money for the action, and maybe just maybe I'll be able to outbid EH-T on some item... nah... who am I kidding?

I saw on the gabit site the registration link is still open, does this mean this event didn't sell out in the first 5 min?!
    Hopefully this means everyone that was hoping for a ticket got one
    Ooh trying to outbid Eh-T means lots of cardio for AT and Thomasina! Watch out though - she might still be a wee bit bitter *hugs my forgiving fellow Canuck*

I've put myself in the lottery for the cocktail party this year ... and if I win, I think I will go again. I went for AT3 and it was definitely an experience! We were running late so almost didn't make it to the Ren on time (my fault, but I couldn't give up the chance to meet Teryl in MK earlier in the day, and the busses went down so I ended up having to eventually cab it back and then didn't have all the packing and whatnot done by the time T arrived and yeah. Not a great start - but I got to hug Teryl for the first time! ) so it was rather rushed to get down there for the dinner, but the table group was awesome, the convo (and pics, of course ) flowed pretty much constantly, and then there was AT, of course I didn't plan to go at AT4 for financial reasons, but was down taking pics with my roomie and all the other lovely dressed up peeps who did get tickets -- that was a bit hard. The trip to the pub afterwards was a blast though (for some reason, we were known simply as 'the loud table' ... yet there was a much louder table across the room - go figure!) and then my wonderful helpers (*hugs the other bouncy blue jello makers*) and I headed back to my room to fill our mini-fridge with copious amounts of bluey goodness Ah the memories! I think it's safe to conclude that quite a few fun memories will be made either way
    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
    ames on facebook
    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
      So who is waiting anxiously for the cocktail-party tickets to be allocated?
      Not me, actually. At AT4 I was so sure I was going for it but changed my mind (this time), even though it would be possible money wise, I had sucha blast friday night last time I didn't felt I missed out on anything. Plus I got to say a quick hello to AT in the lobby anyways so, all in all a very good night
      Also this means I'm freeing up some money for the action, and maybe just maybe I'll be able to outbid EH-T on some item... nah... who am I kidding?
      I put myself into the lottery for a cocktail ticket again, and if I'm offered one, I may go. I've never been the other two times I was at an AT event. The first mostly because we had bought tickets a month or so before (cocktail tickets were sold out by then) and at the last one, I was on the waiting list. I was fine with both times though as I made good use of those Friday nights hanging out with friends and hitting the pub for dinner instead. I might only accept if offered this time just to see what I might be missing, though I'll decide for sure then.

One reason the link is still open might be because there is still time left for those who pre-registered to pay. Gabit may want to allow everyone to queue up. If some of the pre-registrants and those who were first in line with the regular registration can't pay then they can offer a spot to the next in line. So the "sold out" sign may not go up until everyone has paid.
      If I'm not mistaken, the reason the 'sold out' sign was put out so quickly was because they had a problem with their server with such a high volume of people logging in and many people were ordering duplicate tickets mistakenly. I believe the G4 put the sign out, not only till things could get straightened out, but also because they had a queue already started in the frenzy. Once all the duplicate tickets were figured, the G4 then emailed those on the waiting list and offered them the remaining tickets. It was all behind the scene though and the 'sold out' sign I don't think ever came down after that crazy day.

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
        AT5 attendees
        SamJackShipLover- Holland
        Celandine/Brenda - USA
        LeeFraser - Alison - UK
        2Shy/Sanna - Sweden (But really Åland)
        EH-T- land of moose and beaver
        Scythe - Jen - UK
        antoa - land of unemployment (for now)
        Hannah (Tittamiire) - UK and my own planet
        Julia (samcarterrules) - Scotland
        Donna (Julia's carer) - Scotland
        Doris (Julia's carer) - Scotland
        PengYn - land of shiny hair and hug-me eyes
        Andrea (Andy) - Germany
        Laurie (llp) - Pacific North West
        ames / bluejelloqueen - Crazy Canuck (like there's really any other kind, eh? LOL)
        Chloe aka Prelsey_carter (Australia, but will be in Vancouver at that time)
        elephantgirl - weird Belgian that used to call Chicago home
        Donamac/Dona - another Pacific Northwester (love that rainy weather)
        Hey Dona - how are you doing. Are you going to Vancouver in July/August?
        sigpic

Comment

Hey, I was outbid most of the time (still a wee bit bitter ). I'm not the one you have to worry about.

So just who are you blaming for outbidding you sometimes?

If I recall, you did like to bid up some of those bids sometimes...... So no grudges now....AT wouldn't approve.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm undecided about the cocktail party. I did opt for the lottery but if I get the opportunity to get a ticket, I'll make my decision then. I won't go into the reasons here but, in all honesty, didn't think it was worth it last time. The first time it was so that is why I'm undecided.
            I'm thinking the same (although I only went to the cocktail at AT4, I'm not sure if it was worth the money).
            I had a very nice evening, but that was largely because we had a very nice group at our table and I could catch up with someone who had become a friend but who I never chatted with in RL. So I'm undecided as well.
            sigpic

Comment

Might as well add myself to the list.

AT5 attendees
              Celandine/Brenda - USA
              LeeFraser - Alison - UK
              Scythe - Jen - UK
              Andrea (Andy) - Germany
              ames / bluejelloqueen - Crazy Canuck (like there's really any other kind, eh? LOL)
              Fresh Horse - Eureka!
              Wendy - m_wendy_r -- UK!

So excited to see so many familiar names on this list
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Will this be your first con? No
                Why did you choose GABIT?AT4 was amazing and so I want to go again
                Are you coming from a distance or near the con site?Leeds so not too far I guess
                Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans?A group including m_wendy_r
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by halfbloodme View Post
                  Will this be your first con? No
                  Why did you choose GABIT?AT4 was amazing and so I want to go again
                  Are you coming from a distance or near the con site?Leeds so not too far I guess
                  Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans?A group including m_wendy_r
                  That was your first post....very cool.
                  I agree - AT4 was amazing as was AT3 (haven't been to AT1 or AT2).
                  Leeds - I visited there on one of my trips. Many decades ago. I suppose it has changed in the last 30 years of so.
                  Always nice to come with someone. I am coming on my own as I did with AT3 and AT4. But I have gotten to know so many people, the only time I am on my own (other than sleeping) is in the plane. AT's fans are the best.
                  So welcome aboard on this thread. I'm fairly new to it myself. I don't know if we met at AT4 but here's hoping we do meet at AT5.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                    Might as well add myself to the list.

AT5 attendees
                    Celandine/Brenda - USA
                    LeeFraser - Alison - UK
                    Scythe - Jen - UK
                    Andrea (Andy) - Germany
                    Fresh Horse - Eureka!
                    Wendy - m_wendy_r -- UK!

So excited to see so many familiar names on this list
                    Okay I've just realised I know a few people on here already. Yay for the newbie. *giggles*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      Leeds - I visited there on one of my trips. Many decades ago. I suppose it has changed in the last 30 years of so.
                      Always nice to come with someone. I am coming on my own as I did with AT3 and AT4. But I have gotten to know so many people, the only time I am on my own (other than sleeping) is in the plane. AT's fans are the best.
                      So welcome aboard on this thread. I'm fairly new to it myself. I don't know if we met at AT4 but here's hoping we do meet at AT5.
                      Laurie, since you're a WooHoo. I will so want to meet you!
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Well I've only been in Leeds since June last year, I am originally from Jersey (small island in the English Channel not to be confused with NJ). And it's possible we did meet at AT4, I met quite a few people.

If you said hello to a girl with a large homemade name badge which had an LJ symbol on it, red hair, glasses, it was me.
                        sigpic

Comment

By any chance are you going to SE or MTM?
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi guys,

Ditto to Chelle and Neep, we will miss you both! *hugs*

Put my cheque in the post yesterday! hope it gets there OK *Is nervous* hehe!

EDIT: m_wendy_r coming to AT5?! Squeee! *happydance*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Oh you have to drag her down to Surrey afterwards! All WooHoos welcome at my house, and anybody else that wants to come

Comment

Jumble, I shall just drag people with me?

Julia, Yessssss. I am. I am. Will be great to finally meet you
                                sigpic
                                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Working...
                                X