GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
    Not while in Canada it's Tim Hortons all the way for me. love the old fashion sour cream -
    Go Applie Fritters!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
      No, I've received some extremely sad information ...your email just continued me down the road (a verrrry little bit). After my mother passed, her oldest and closest friend took over the role. And now she's dying from the same thing that killed my mother. She's fought, but I was told today, she is losing the battle. It's just very hard right now to think about it....it's like going through it all over again.
      So sorry to hear that. Adding to the hugs from Mumsey (((llp)))

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
        It was sent at around 5pm yesterday (Sunday 18th). Have a look in your spam box. If you still don't have it contact me on [email protected] and I'll send it again.

Kay G4
        Thanks! Message sent.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
          No, I've received some extremely sad information ...your email just continued me down the road (a verrrry little bit). After my mother passed, her oldest and closest friend took over the role. And now she's dying from the same thing that killed my mother. She's fought, but I was told today, she is losing the battle. It's just very hard right now to think about it....it's like going through it all over again.
          So sorry to hear of your news. I totally understand how your feeling right now. My Dad passed away last August of Lymphoma Cancer and it was the worst moment of my life. I felt such grief and it took me months to really believe that he was gone. My mom is still very depressed about it which worries me and trying to encourage her that her life isn't over can be very draining at times. If you ever need to talk about what your going through though, just know I'm always with a ready ear.

*hugs*

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          I*nods* yep...and I know someone else who will be coming along too...that thus far brings the Aussie count up to 3 for AT6...though I'm sure there will be others by then! WooHoo!!
          AT5 won't be the same without you and Neep, definitely know that hun. I miss you both already! But AT6 is gonna be a blast! Getting everyone back together and adding to our numbers with new friends will be awesome. Imagine the sprawl that'll take place in the lobby of the Ren then!

Comment

AT5 attendeesSamJackShipLover- Holland
            Celandine/Brenda - USA
            LeeFraser - Alison - UK
            2Shy/Sanna - Sweden (But really Åland)
            EH-T- land of moose and beaver
            Scythe - Jen - UK
            antoa - land of unemployment (for now)
            Hannah (Tittamiire) - UK and my own planet
            Julia (samcarterrules) - Scotland
            Donna (Julia's carer) - Scotland
            Doris (Julia's carer) - Scotland
            PengYn - land of shiny hair and hug-me eyes
            Andrea (Andy) - Germany
            Laurie (llp) - Pacific North West
            ames / bluejelloqueen - Crazy Canuck (like there's really any other kind, eh? LOL)
            Chloe aka Prelsey_carter (Australia, but will be in Vancouver at that time)
            elephantgirl - weird Belgian that used to call Chicago home

Thanks, Kay, for resending that confirmation!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

AT5 won't be the same without you and Neep, definitely know that hun. I miss you both already! But AT6 is gonna be a blast! Getting everyone back together and adding to our numbers with new friends will be awesome. Imagine the sprawl that'll take place in the lobby of the Ren then!
              Major understatement!

I realised after it was a bit premature to be adding my name to the AT5 list before I paid. Money now sent so I can stay on the list. Just FYI for those still to send. When filling in the screen to send money, it required a phone number for Gabit. Didn't have this but you might want to check their website just in case (although I don't know if Gabit has a phone number). The suggestion we had from the manager was to include the receiving bank's phone number instead. We found that and used it. Seemed to work OK.
              Last edited by EH-T; 19 April 2010, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                I realised after it was a bit premature to be adding my name to the AT5 list before I paid. Money now sent so I can stay on the list. Just FYI for those still to send. When filling in the screen to send money, it required a phone number for Gabit. Didn't have this but you might want to check their website just in case (although I don't know if Gabit has a phone number). The suggestion we had from the manager was to include the receiving bank's phone number instead. We found that and used it. Seemed to work OK.
                Mine was just sent out too. Had to call my bank though as I forgot to mention my AT reference number for the wire transfer. Gah!

My bank filled in the form for me but didn't need an address or phone number, just all the other required info. Hmm, mine went out fine so I'll just sit tight and see if it made it without incident.

Darn the exchange rate though and the fact banks aren't open on Sundays. It would have been cheaper yesterday.

Comment

For me, the exchange rate is way better now than it was in November. Good timing for me, thanks G4.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    For me, the exchange rate is way better now than it was in November. Good timing for me, thanks G4.
                    Oh I don't know if it was better or worse for me compared to November. Wasn't even going that far back. Not sure if my brain could handle one more thing today anyways so I won't even think of checking. I just remember seeing yesterdays rate and though it was only a few dollars, I was just thinking that would have been a few dollars left in my bank account.

One thing though that I really winced at today was the transfer fee. Ouch! It's worth a bit of pain in the pocket though I think. *nod*

Comment

Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts.

Laurie
                      sigpic

Comment

AT5 attendees
                        SamJackShipLover- Holland
                        Celandine/Brenda - USA
                        LeeFraser - Alison - UK
                        Scythe - Jen - UK
                        Andrea (Andy) - Germany
                        ames / bluejelloqueen - Crazy Canuck (like there's really any other kind, eh? LOL)
                        Donamac/Dona - another Pacific Northwester (love that rainy weather)

Comment

Re: GABIT attendees thread

AT5 attendees
                          Celandine/Brenda - USA
                          LeeFraser - Alison - UK
                          Scythe - Jen - UK
                          Andrea (Andy) - Germany
                          Claire (clairec007) - Scotland
                          sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

AT5 attendees
                            Celandine/Brenda - USA
                            LeeFraser - Alison - UK
                            Scythe - Jen - UK
                            Andrea (Andy) - Germany
                            Fresh Horse - Eureka!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                              Bold part: What she said. Just so you know gals I'm gonna keep you to your words about AT6

So who is waiting anxiously for the cocktail-party tickets to be allocated?
                              Not me, actually. At AT4 I was so sure I was going for it but changed my mind (this time), even though it would be possible money wise, I had sucha blast friday night last time I didn't felt I missed out on anything. Plus I got to say a quick hello to AT in the lobby anyways so, all in all a very good night
                              Also this means I'm freeing up some money for the action, and maybe just maybe I'll be able to outbid EH-T on some item... nah... who am I kidding?

I saw on the gabit site the registration link is still open, does this mean this event didn't sell out in the first 5 min?!
                              Hopefully this means everyone that was hoping for a ticket got one

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
                                Bold part: What she said. Just so you know gals I'm gonna keep you to your words about AT6

So who is waiting anxiously for the cocktail-party tickets to be allocated?
                                Not me, actually. At AT4 I was so sure I was going for it but changed my mind (this time), even though it would be possible money wise, I had sucha blast friday night last time I didn't felt I missed out on anything. Plus I got to say a quick hello to AT in the lobby anyways so, all in all a very good night
                                Also this means I'm freeing up some money for the action, and maybe just maybe I'll be able to outbid EH-T on some item... nah... who am I kidding?

I saw on the gabit site the registration link is still open, does this mean this event didn't sell out in the first 5 min?!
                                Hopefully this means everyone that was hoping for a ticket got one
                                I'm undecided about the cocktail party. I did opt for the lottery but if I get the opportunity to get a ticket, I'll make my decision then. I won't go into the reasons here but, in all honesty, didn't think it was worth it last time. The first time it was so that is why I'm undecided.

Hey, I was outbid most of the time (still a wee bit bitter ). I'm not the one you have to worry about.

One reason the link is still open might be because there is still time left for those who pre-registered to pay. Gabit may want to allow everyone to queue up. If some of the pre-registrants and those who were first in line with the regular registration can't pay then they can offer a spot to the next in line. So the "sold out" sign may not go up until everyone has paid.

Comment

Working...
                                X