No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know if Amanda wasn't one of my heroes before, she would be after today:

Steve 'I'm god's gift to woman' Jones: "Can I call you Mandy?"
    Amanda: "No. Noo."

Gatebee: [[[hugs]]]
    LizWhite.net

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
      Bags and Mal thank you again for the pic. Once it arrives, I shall inform you .
      Fingers crossed that the photo arrives asap !
      *Positive thoughts for the US Mail*
      Bags, Rune, Flippy, Mal And Amber , thanks for the quick response. I would never post a pic of other people without prior permission. I shall keep the pics in my album for me to enjoy and recall such a wonderful evening. It was very short for me in time but with pics , long will it be in my memory.
      (((((((((((GateBee)))))))))))) Thank you for your understanding ,and please ,please, don't feel we're trying to attack you personally,in any way at all.
      We weren't trying to imply anything against you,but the net has been buzzing this week and it's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride for some us.

You were a total joy and thank you deeply for sharing time with us.It was a great evening..and I bet your pics turned out a lot better than mine !

Treasure those memories well.Hope to meet you again sometime !

Again thank you to all.
      Thank you too !
      You're a brave lady..no way would I have travelled across London at night on my own !
      (((((((((((gatebee))))))))))
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

You're a brave lady..no way would I have travelled across London at night on my own !
        Hubby was a bit worried me going on bus , I must admit. But I wasn't going to let it stop me from seeing all of you. And before that evening, I did ride the 140 bus just to see the lay of the land , so to speak. I knew if I didn't leave too late, though 140 bus had a 24/7 service, I would be ok. There were a couple of people on the bus. There was just one incident that concerned me. A totally drunk man came on board and was hassling the driven. I looked around and there where a couple of guys around and another lady. So that was comforting. As soon as the drunk left, I gave myself a sigh of relief. Once I got to my area an hour later, there were still alot of people in the road and the road was very well lit, so no problem.

hugs
        gatebee

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
          I've only traveled after dark in London with other people.

When i went to London in September, I could have chosen a train that arrived in Euston at 9pm. But Gipsy & I were not keen on that.

Comment

Hubby was a bit worried me going on bus , I must admit. But I wasn't going to let it stop me from seeing all of you. And before that evening, I did ride the 140 bus just to see the lay of the land , so to speak. I knew if I didn't leave too late, though 140 bus had a 24/7 service, I would be ok. There were a couple of people on the bus. There was just one incident that concerned me. A totally drunk man came on board and was hassling the driven. I looked around and there where a couple of guys around and another lady. So that was comforting. As soon as the drunk left, I gave myself a sigh of relief. Once I got to my area an hour later, there were still alot of people in the road and the road was very well lit, so no problem.

hugs
            gatebee
            Wow! I wont travel on a bus in day light in London! I'd be worrying if I was on the right bus etc.

But then the first time I went on the tube (for 20+ years) I stuck to my friends like glue. I love the tube now.

Comment

public transport here in Florida sucks. I just love your public transport. I know that the service has gone down through the years but it is still far better than anything around here.

doing the 140 bus was cool cause I had a purpose. If the 140 bus was not available, I don't think I would have gone at all. It was so convinient. A one ride no hassle. Just took an hour. A cabbie would have been out of the question. And daughter had to car, So bus was perfect means of transportation for a perfect night.

Comment

Originally posted by lockets24
                This is my first post, having just joined!!
                My husband and i were lucky enough to go to GABIT and we had the best time, just finding all the great pics on the web, our pics were ok, but i guess it is the memories we have come away with which are the best!
                We met some great people and thought Amanda was inspiring

Anyway going back to read more posts.

Lockets24

Hi Lockets24!

Welcome to the forum and glad you dropped in here. Definitely a weekend to remember.
                sigpic

Comment

Bags, Rune, Flippy, Mal And Amber , thanks for the quick response. I would never post a pic of other people without prior permission. I shall keep the pics in my album for me to enjoy and recall such a wonderful evening. It was very short for me in time but with pics , long will it be in my memory.

Again thank you to all.
                  *runs in panting* Late as usual; decision already made.

Thanks again Gatebee for making the long trip to meet us. Saturday night was a blast! Please thank hubs and daughter for sharing you.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lockets24
                    This is my first post, having just joined!!
                    My husband and i were lucky enough to go to GABIT and we had the best time, just finding all the great pics on the web, our pics were ok, but i guess it is the memories we have come away with which are the best!
                    We met some great people and thought Amanda was inspiring

Anyway going back to read more posts..

Lockets24
                    Hi there. Welcome to the forum. It was a wonderful weekend and I'll never forget it!
                    sigpic

Comment

Again thank you to all.
                      Hi GB. I didn't get a chance to reply to your earlier post as I was trying (and failing!) to get my scanner to work. *kicks scanner* I really enjoyed meeting you and am so glad you had a good time. Here's to the next time we all meet up! (perhaps at Gabit 2?)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
                        You know if Amanda wasn't one of my heroes before, she would be after today:

Steve 'I'm god's gift to woman' Jones: "Can I call you Mandy?"
                        Amanda: "No. Noo."

Good for Amanda! I'm sure she'll have had to shower after the show because of all the cr*p that flies about there! There's a thread in the General forum called GAT4 (Gaters against T4) in which we all gnash our teeth at the way Channel 4 ruin the show with their cuts, and how absolutely pathetic and stupid the presenters are.[/rant]
                        Now, back to your scheduled squeeing about Gabit.

When's Gabit 2?
                        sigpic

Comment

hugs
                          gatebee
                          Just be thankful you didn't have Kliggy Wiggy on the bus with you. Now that would be frightening!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                            Good for Amanda! I'm sure she'll have had to shower after the show because of all the cr*p that flies about there! There's a thread in the General forum called GAT4 (Gaters against T4) in which we all gnash our teeth at the way Channel 4 ruin the show with their cuts, and how absolutely pathetic and stupid the presenters are.[/rant]
                            Now, back to your scheduled squeeing about Gabit.

When's Gabit 2?
                            As for a GABIT 2.....I wrote to the promoters of GABIT yesterday and believe it or not, they answered within an hour. As of now, there are NO plans for another GABIT, but they stated they are all truly too tired to even think about it. They also suggested joining the AT Fan Club on Yahoo, as the announcement of a second GABIT, would most likely be made there first.

Hope that helps.
                            On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                              As for a GABIT 2.....I wrote to the promoters of GABIT yesterday and believe it or not, they answered within an hour. As of now, there are NO plans for another GABIT, but they stated they are all truly too tired to even think about it. They also suggested joining the AT Fan Club on Yahoo, as the announcement of a second GABIT, would most likely be made there first.

Hope that helps.
                              We do try and answer questions quickly, we know how frustrating it can be not to know if someone has even read your e-mail, so quick responses are something we try and do.

Actually I think you may have misunderstood me re the yahoo group. Announcements will be made on the Gabit events yahoo group not the AT group(s) there are two AT groups, the officail Amanda tapping group (run by Amanda's officail webmaster Kamil) and theamandatappingclub.

Announcements re any possible future GABIT events -if there are any will be made on the Gabit events yahoo group which can be found here:
                              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Gabitevents/

For those of you wanting low traffic announcements only there is also a GABIT-announce yahoo group which only the moderators can post to.

Becks
                              G4

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

Hope that helps.
                                Thanks Lida but I'm already on the list and know this. It still doesn't stop me asking when Gabit 2 will be
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X