GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    I was reading some research the other day... one group of participants was given a random neutral word to say over and over as they held their hand in ice water. The other group could repeat a swear word of their choice. The participants in the swearing group were able to withstand the pain and leave their hand in a lot longer.

Oh- but if you swear lots the words become neutral to you and it doesn't work.
    Hmm, I would have thought that it wasn't necessarily the word used, but the intensity or force behind any random one coupled with a very active imagination. I know I've been in situations where saying one of my favorite curse words wasn't ideal (work, family gatherings, etc..) so I managed to replace it with a general word, but while saying it with vehemence I was actively imagining all kinds of nasty things. Not as satisfying, but helped in a pinch.

You have that link yet Neep? Totally would love to read it. *nod*

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Nope, just means I like to use the badge!
      I was at my cousin's house last weekend, and was showing her my badge collection from AT4 ... as soon as I saw *your* badge I started to laugh, and then had to demonstrate the 'use of the badge' Apparently, you're brilliant! Kara (aforementioned cousin) wanted to abscond with the badge to use it as well, but I wouldn't let her - guess I'll have to pick up some duplicates at AT5, eh?

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
      I don't know why but this sentence made me really nervous... lol
      Me three, me three! *innocently bats eyelashes*

Perhaps in the case of your two, Julia is referring to a different list. I do believe Mumsey said at the last event that "certain people stand out". Question is: in a good way or a bad way?
      I think Mumsey meant that in a good way ... I hope Mumsey meant that in a good way! LOL

Oh, and I have survived my first shift back. Am tired as heck (look - NOT trying to push the filter boundaries! Go me!) but I suppose that's to be expected when shifting one's self to odd hours. As a bonus, the fact that I had slouvaki on a bun followed by oreo ice cream for 'breakfast' today without anyone thinking this was ... erm ... odd ... was totally grin-worthy! Then again, the fact that I'm somewhat distrac - SHINY!!! - table atm makes quite a few things rather ...should make for an interesting second shift!
      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
      ames on facebook
      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Just leaving a note for Mumsey....

Mumsey, if you see this, I have left a PM in your PM box for you.

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
          Now you do realized when your young (like AT) and not an "ancient" (as someone has referred to me as being ) exercise is good for you.
          Ancient? Now who would call you that?

Originally posted by ames View Post
          I was at my cousin's house last weekend, and was showing her my badge collection from AT4 ... as soon as I saw *your* badge I started to laugh, and then had to demonstrate the 'use of the badge' Apparently, you're brilliant! Kara (aforementioned cousin) wanted to abscond with the badge to use it as well, but I wouldn't let her - guess I'll have to pick up some duplicates at AT5, eh?

Me three, me three! *innocently bats eyelashes*

I think Mumsey meant that in a good way ... I hope Mumsey meant that in a good way! LOL

Oh, and I have survived my first shift back. Am tired as heck (look - NOT trying to push the filter boundaries! Go me!) but I suppose that's to be expected when shifting one's self to odd hours. As a bonus, the fact that I had slouvaki on a bun followed by oreo ice cream for 'breakfast' today without anyone thinking this was ... erm ... odd ... was totally grin-worthy! Then again, the fact that I'm somewhat distrac - SHINY!!! - table atm makes quite a few things rather ...should make for an interesting second shift!
          I have no comment to make, I just thought part of your post deserved to be hilighted.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Perhaps in the case of your two, Julia is referring to a different list. I do believe Mumsey said at the last event that "certain people stand out". Question is: in a good way or a bad way?
            But, but, Julia S and I are prime examples of upstanding citizenship and good gabiteering. And also, angels.

lol. I'm not even sure I believe my own sentence...
            sigpic

Comment

But, but, Julia S and I are prime examples of upstanding citizenship and good gabiteering. And also, angels.

Well I know I don't
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                Just leaving a note for Mumsey....

Mumsey, if you see this, I have left a PM in your PM box for you.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                Trying to get off the naughty list are we?

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Well I know I don't
                D'oh. Mandy beat me to it.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Yes well said PengYn! We’re the best angels ever!

Trying to get off the naughty list are we?
                  D'oh. Mandy beat me to it.
                  Why yes I am! and isn’t Mandy’s name permanently inscribed on the naughty list?! *runs* Hehehe!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes well said PengYn! We’re the best angels ever!

Why yes I am! and isn’t Mandy’s name permanently inscribed on the naughty list?! *runs* Hehehe!
                    I think both your halos are a little wonky there....just a smidgen....
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Just where I like it to be

*wonders what ever happened to the pea shooters Julia smuggled into AT3?*
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Well I know I don't
                        Hey you know Jandy? (for everyone else, this be the stuffed polar bear Jan and Mandy gave me at AT3). You know I force-feed him Sam and Jack fanfic, right?
                        sigpic

Comment

Just where I like it to be

*wonders what ever happened to the pea shooters Julia smuggled into AT3?*
                          Has no idea what Mandy is talking about...honest! *whistles and shines halo*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't know why but this sentence made me really nervous... lol
                            Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                            I can understand why you should feel nervous.
                            I, of course, have nothing to be nervous about.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey you know Jandy? (for everyone else, this be the stuffed polar bear Jan and Mandy gave me at AT3). You know I force-feed him Sam and Jack fanfic, right?
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yay, ticket-weekend is almost here!
                                I had this horrible nightmare the other night where somehow my pre-reg had been lost and I had to got through the regular nerve-wracking registration process instead. Not fun.
                                Come to think about it I'm actually going through it anyway since we're going to try for a ticket for hubby too, and I don't trust him to do the registration process fast enough, lol!

We haven't got a time for the Sunday registration yet, right? *Checks gabit site*. Nope.

So after this weekend I guess it's a good time to start looking for a newbie to adopt, you know so we can make someone write down all the Q&A's for us. Or what do you think Annelies?

Comment

Working...
                                X