GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Uh oh... does the sad face mean I've actually gone too far!? Soz, bro!

Nope, just means I like to use the badge!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Nope, just means I like to use the badge!
      Yay! I love that badge so much. Maybe that's why we encourage you to use it as often as possible
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

yes, well, as much of a potty mouth as i have, there's no way in hades i'd use it in front of Sister Corita. I know she's heard the words, i know she's thought the words...but i just can't use them in front of her intimidating face
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          yes, well, as much of a potty mouth as i have, there's no way in hades i'd use it in front of Sister Corita. I know she's heard the words, i know she's thought the words...but i just can't use them in front of her intimidating face
          I totally understand that. I really don't cuss much myself.
          sigpic

Comment

I was reading some research the other day... one group of participants was given a random neutral word to say over and over as they held their hand in ice water. The other group could repeat a swear word of their choice. The participants in the swearing group were able to withstand the pain and leave their hand in a lot longer.

Oh- but if you swear lots the words become neutral to you and it doesn't work.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I was reading some research the other day... one group of participants was given a random neutral word to say over and over as they held their hand in ice water. The other group could repeat a swear word of their choice. The participants in the swearing group were able to withstand the pain and leave their hand in a lot longer.

Oh- but if you swear lots the words become neutral to you and it doesn't work.
              That's interesting.

Despite how many times I use them, I've never noticed the words losing their ability to ease my stress.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                You'll be Very. Much. Missed. *squeezes*
                Thanks Cel...it's going to be tough sitting at home waiting for the reports knowing what I won't be able to enjoy...but keeping AT6 in my sights makes it a little easier. *hugs*
                Originally posted by PaganX View Post
                As I couldn't be at AT4 I hung out on twitter and we had the #AT4TwitterParty It was fun and i met lots of new fans
                I know a few twals who are already planning to have a VanctuaryTwitterParty
                I will likely be doing it again next year for AT5...Chelle I'm also now aiming for AT6!!
                Hey PaganX...you me and another one of my friends...we should travel together if possible...of course poor old Gabit won't know what hit em when we hit old England shores. It was bad enough with the Kiwi's...well one in particular!! Roll on AT6!!
                Originally posted by llp View Post
                I think they are going to send it out to everyone on the list anyhow and if someone doesn't respond they'll sadly remove them from the list. Sorry to hear you won't make it to AT5. Start saving up for AT6.
                My AT4 account is still running and automatically has money deposited every fortnight from my wages so I'm constantly saving! Alas, I did dip into that savings account for a new camera last night so I can take super awesome photos at AT6! There just had to be an upside to a downside.
                Sorry you are officially out of the running for AT5. On the bright side, you do get a December visit and look how fast AT5 came up. It will be (G4, please look away now) AT6 before you know it.
                Get enough Aussies and Kiwis and come as a tour group!
                Hehehe...how many Aussies and Kiwi's do you think you can handle in one convention??? Trust me...between PaganX, Neep and myself plus any other Aussies and Kiwi's that should venture to AT6...London will never be the same!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Heh... I have just been playing around with the preview function so see what is blocked and what isn't. There are some pretty filthy words that haven't made it onto the filter list.
                  B*llocks is blocked, however.
                  I wasn't sure if it was bullocks or b*llocks...guess this post will define it!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                    Anyway we know your all names and have a list...
                    I don't know why but this sentence made me really nervous... lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      I'm all for that. And lucky for me, in December, I get to meet Amanda, Chuck and Ryan...and at this point another yet to be announced guest. Then we can play again!

Feel free to remove my name from the pre-reg list Julia. My seat can go to someone who isn't preregged...unfortunately February is just too soon for me to travel that far.
                      I do however intend to be ready to travel to AT6.
                      *huge hugs Chelle* we will miss you.

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                      Me too.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      Last edited by samcarterrules; 13 April 2010, 05:10 AM. Reason: spelling
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        *huge hugs Chelle* we will miss you.

Me too.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        Perhaps in the case of your two, Julia is referring to a different list. I do believe Mumsey said at the last event that "certain people stand out". Question is: in a good way or a bad way?

Comment

I can understand why you should feel nervous.
                          I, of course, have nothing to be nervous about.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                            I can understand why you should feel nervous.
                            I, of course, have nothing to be nervous about.
                            Right. You are completely innocent of encouraging me to make AT run at the auction.

Comment

Right. You are completely innocent of encouraging me to make AT run at the auction.
                              Now you do realized when your young (like AT) and not an "ancient" (as someone has referred to me as being ) exercise is good for you.
                              sigpic

Comment

Maybe she's referring the the "naughty or nice" list ......maybe she borrowed it from Santa!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X