Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AT5 - ReVamped!

well, it's better than the devamper!!

I hope it does start with the letter "R"...just to keep with tradition!! Besides...it's kinda fun!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

AT5- Reenergised!

AT%- Redonk!
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        AT5- Reenergised!

AT%- Redonk!
        AT5 - Remember to keep your pants on!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*crawls into thread*

Hey guys, I wanted some advice and I figured this was the best place to come to since it's the Gabit thread.

Recently a friend of mine gave me the heads up that someone got hold of and used my personal Avalon photograph (with AT and RDA) for a fan video on youtube. The vid is mostly montages of Amanda or Rick in image form and mine is the only "fan photo op" used.

I have absolutely no idea who this person is and I certainly didn't give her permission to use my personal photograph so I am quite mad and upset. Particularly as it is the only "fan" photograph in the entire piece. Where she got it from is a whole other question given anywhere I might have posted it would not be viewable by the the random public. And I would definitely remember giving someone permission to use a personal pic of mine, and I'd only ever do it so long as there were other "fan pics" involved. I also would never have said yes to someone who was a stranger to me, even if they do like the same show.

I don't know whether or not to send this person a message. Generally it is common courtesy to ask a person's permission if you're going to put their picture on youtube. It's one thing for me to share pictures of myself with friends, but quite another for a stranger (to me) to take it upon themselves to post something that doesn't belong to them in a public place.

I really don't know what I should do here?
          sigpic

Comment

i would send them a message and say 'that's my picture and you didn't ask permission for it and I don't want you using it' and see what they do

many people completely and totally disrespect others' property, especially online. they think if they can save it, then it's theirs to take and have. which is wrong.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Most definitely contact them and tell them that they do not have permission to use your picture and politely ask them to remove it from their video.

Comment

I agree. Contact them and firmly but politely advise them they do not have your permission and they need to remove that image or the video immediately. If they don't, contact youtube and have them remove it.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Ditto to the above. Pretty sure that violates your rights. I hope they take it down pronto!
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                  My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

you know, after AT3 i think, i posted some pics on LJ and people were like 'how come you don't post high res ones'

my response:
                    because if people are going to steal them, they're not gonna steal the good ones...and because i'm too lazy to watermark all my pics

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      AT5 - Remember to keep your pants on!
                      ...AT5 - ReDressed!!
                      Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                      *crawls into thread* <spoilered for length>
                      Spoiler:

Hey guys, I wanted some advice and I figured this was the best place to come to since it's the Gabit thread.
                      Recently a friend of mine gave me the heads up that someone got hold of and used my personal Avalon photograph (with AT and RDA) for a fan video on youtube. The vid is mostly montages of Amanda or Rick in image form and mine is the only "fan photo op" used.
                      I have absolutely no idea who this person is and I certainly didn't give her permission to use my personal photograph so I am quite mad and upset. Particularly as it is the only "fan" photograph in the entire piece. Where she got it from is a whole other question given anywhere I might have posted it would not be viewable by the the random public. And I would definitely remember giving someone permission to use a personal pic of mine, and I'd only ever do it so long as there were other "fan pics" involved. I also would never have said yes to someone who was a stranger to me, even if they do like the same show.
                      I don't know whether or not to send this person a message. Generally it is common courtesy to ask a person's permission if you're going to put their picture on youtube. It's one thing for me to share pictures of myself with friends, but quite another for a stranger (to me) to take it upon themselves to post something that doesn't belong to them in a public place.
                      I really don't know what I should do here?

I wonder if this is the same person who has the new video on YT with a clip of Amanda doing the baton twirling at AT4? Has anyone seen that one yet? I know they took the original clip off YT but I'm assuming this person had uploaded the clip prior to it being removed and has used it in a video. Should this be reported to the Gabit team?
                      I've only got my AT4 pics up on my facebook. I'm not overly worried about people using my pics but at the same time I don't want them used and abused...if that makes any sense?
                      I share the sentiments of all the above.
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Adding my voice to the crescendo here. Do try and contact the person who 'stole' your pic first. If she doesn't reply or refuses to take the vid down, I'd contact Youtube about it personally.

Hate to say it, but t'is one more reason to be a bit more private with things online, no matter how safe FB, LJ or any other medium might seem to be. I'm pretty private a person myself and my being cautious so far has paid off in the sense where I haven't yet had any issues like this happen.

Good luck with it!

Comment

report that clip

there were to be NO videotaping at all. and these people need to learn to respect the rules, or they need to lose their con going privileges

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            report that clip
                            there were to be NO videotaping at all. and these people need to learn to respect the rules, or they need to lose their con going privileges
                            Should I report that to Gabit or YT? I don't think I've ever had to report anyone...ever.
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Gabit is aware of the new instance of the baton twirling clip.

It could possibly be the same clip as before since the rest of the vid looks to be just a mash of other you tube vids.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                                Gabit is aware of the new instance of the baton twirling clip.
                                It could possibly be the same clip as before since the rest of the vid looks to be just a mash of other you tube vids.
                                Thanks AntoA...so long as they are aware of it. Such a shame when things like this happen.
                                Now...where's the date for AT5??
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X