Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched a few episodes of the first season when it first started showing here in the UK on Channel 4. I kinda liked it but I wasn't that impressed. Then about three years ago I watched Upgrades on Sky One, absolutely loved it, watched the rest of season 4 and I was hooked. I loved the blend of sci-fi, humour and fantastic visual effects.

God bless Sky One for showing new episodes of Stargate SG-1 even before they show on Sci-fi in the States! Hopefully they'll show Atlantis too!
    'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Comment

I saw the movie, and loved it. Been watching since the first Pilot episode-"Children of the Gods" and have been watching it since then. Though I must admit that I've had withdrawal symptoms every half yearly cause our free to air channel cuts off mid season, leaves us hanging for half a year to almost a year because tptb decide its only worth showing it during non-rating season. So we get say half of S6 to half of S7 and then we're left waiting till they decide to air it again.

I've got all the DVD box sets to S3 with S4 coming out on September this year...so even the box sets are late....oh the agony of it all....
      If I were a Goddess - let it be that of Love & Beauty

Comment

I saw the movie and liked it, but without Showtime was unable to catch any episodes until they started appearing in syndication. My local channel was airing the syndicated episodes on Saturday afternoons--not exactly the best time for my busy life, but I caught the occassional episode.

Then last year I happened to be home on a Monday night and my husband wanted me to watch the Monday night marathon with him. I was hooked. I mean hooked! He liked the show, but I *loved* it. Now I have all the DVDs up through season 6 and season 7 on tape--and I'm waiting impatiently for Season 8 this summer.

Bucky

Comment

I think I'm coming up to my second aniversary of watching stargate no
          That's probably the only anniversary I will remember

Comment

I have been watching for a year and a half now, but thanks to the wonder we call the internet I have seen every episode at least 5 times since then. I am an addict. I can't wait to get my next stargate fix!
            -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
            -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Originally posted by earck
              I have been watching for a year and a half now, but thanks to the wonder we call the internet I have seen every episode at least 5 times since then. I am an addict. I can't wait to get my next stargate fix!
              Think your an addict ; I watch all the seasons straight through and by the time I've finished I watch them all again must be at least 15 times now

Comment

Originally posted by Aphrodite
                I saw the movie, and loved it. Been watching since the first Pilot episode-"Children of the Gods" and have been watching it since then. Though I must admit that I've had withdrawal symptoms every half yearly cause our free to air channel cuts off mid season, leaves us hanging for half a year to almost a year because tptb decide its only worth showing it during non-rating season. So we get say half of S6 to half of S7 and then we're left waiting till they decide to air it again.

I've got all the DVD box sets to S3 with S4 coming out on September this year...so even the box sets are late....oh the agony of it all....
                Germany is almost as bad as that in airing whole seasons....they do not have *any* kind of system, I think. Sometimes they just change broadcasting dates and no one knows why...but at least they managed to show season 7 right away, we're at episode 14 this week. I'm still trying to buy all the boxed dvd sets...I only need season 1 now...(and 7, of course). German dubbing can be pretty bad at times.

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                ~CELLO!~
                ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Been whatching since 94 when the movie came out,then children of the gods,just got a dvd with children of the gods on it and its a cert 18, its got alot of nudity in it(sha're with boobs out).Bought all dvd box sets and have bought season 7 on volume collection which is £14.99 a dvd with 4episodes on each so season 7 cost me a bomb,but its all worth it,same as farscape i love that aswell
                  "Silence"Kneel before your God
                  Apophis is the english Translation for "APEPI" Serpent god of the night

Comment

Working...
                  X