X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
    and then the Bill McCay novels
    Are the books any good then I heared some characters in the series are killed off

Are they worth buying

Comment

I didn't actully own the ones I read.. Only one I really remember Stargate: Rebellion which was about the reaction of Ra's forces to his death. They go in a completely different direction than the Stargate SG-1 tv series takes. (No Carter, no Teal'c as neither of then existed in the movie and the first novel was out before the tv series) I thought they were pretty good. This site has some more stuff about some of them: http://www.geocities.com/eventmovies/sgrebellion.htm
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Well I caught the movie on VHS and caught it again on TV before Channel 4 first showed COTG - which was how I got into the show. Not long after C4's first S1 run I caught a string of what were reuns to Sky 1 but new eps to me every weekday at 5pm . That took care of S2 and 3. Withdrawal symptons then set in for a bit before Sky 1 started showing S4 for the first time. Mixed in with S4 on Sky were 10 S2 eps on C4 that I'd missed on Sky due to a holiday in Spain. After that it was Sky only. The rest is history.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I started watching with the pilot because friends I was visiting had Showtime and were excited about the new series, but I didn't get to watch regularly until season three when I acquired a much less evil cable company. So I was there at the beginning, but not exactly a loyal fan until significantly later.
          *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
            Well I caught the movie on VHS and caught it again on TV before Channel 4 first showed COTG - which was how I got into the show. Not long after C4's first S1 run I caught a string of what were reuns to Sky 1 but new eps to me every weekday at 5pm . That took care of S2 and 3. Withdrawal symptons then set in for a bit before Sky 1 started showing S4 for the first time. Mixed in with S4 on Sky were 10 S2 eps on C4 that I'd missed on Sky due to a holiday in Spain. After that it was Sky only. The rest is history.
            *waves hello* I hope you're the Matt I think you are... otherwise you'll just think I'm weird.

Anyway. I don't really remember when I started. I saw the film on TV... then I saw what I thought was the movie, but then learnt it was the series - Children of the Gods was the first episode I saw. But after that, I didn't see it for a long time. I didn't know when it was aired or anything... then there was a whole period of CH4 stuffing up the episodes... but somewhere along the line, I managed to watch most of season one on TV, then season two... then etc.

I'm glad I have the DVDs now. I still haven't seen Cor'Ai... *notes it down on a to-do list*
            (",) Gater

Kawoosh! Stargate Music Videos
            http://kawoosh.co.uk

Gater on LJ
            http://puddlejumping.co.uk

I don't read. I vid.

Comment

I saw bits of it from the beginning because my Mam watched it, but I never reaaly paid much attention to it until somewhere between the last few eps of S3 and halfway through S4. I know I was completely hooked by Exodus. I only saw the movie last year though...

Comment

I've been with Stargate since the beginning...the film...and then I tried to stay away from the series because I thought it would suck. No luck there...I saw 30 seconds of Daniel and was hooked....

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                ~CELLO!~
                ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

I started watching about a year and a half ago. My first Episode was "Unnatural Selection". Before s6 was over I'd started buying the DVDs, and by the time s7 was starting I'd seen every episode, most of them multiple times.
                  ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                  The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

First time I saw SG1 I was like WTF is this?

But now I got hooked.
                    The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

well i started watching it like half a yar ago...and i watched it totaly randomly so it's hard to tell which episode....i guess 7

Comment

i have been watching from the begining.

i started with the movie back when it was first released on video tape but first watched the series when Children of the Gods 1+2 were shown together on Sky 1 for the first time back in 97 i think. i have been watching ever since

sigpic

Comment

Been a few years for me. I started watching it in re-runs late night TV, and then picked up the season 1 dvd's to see how it all started. Have all the dvd's available now, and am looking forward to the release of season 7.

Comment

I saw the movie on TV just a couple of years ago. In fact, I think the TV series was already on at the time. I refused to watch the series, as I hadn't even seen the movie yet. I saw the movie, liked it, and left it at that. SG-1 was coming late night in barter syndication, so I had a hard time keeping track of it. I just lost interest and never got around to watching the show.

That is, until a few months ago. I was at my friend's house, when he and his brother were talking about Stargate SG-1. They told me how the show blends together mythology, ancient religions, space travel, and all-around sci-fi/fantasy together. They also told me the show comes on practically daily on the Sci-Fi Channel, which I didn't have yet. Well, about a week or two later, we switched from basic cable (which didn't get Sci-Fi) to satellite. I tuned in to Sci-Fi one afternoon, and Stargate SG-1 just happened to be on.

I think the episode was "Brief Candle." I watched the show almost daily, and it took me forever to figure out the episodes were playing out of order. Horrbily out of order. One day, I'm seeing Daniel Jackson with long hair, next day I see an episode with short-haired Daniel. Not to sound like I'm kissing anyone's rear, but GateWorld's episode guides and omnipedia really helped fill in the blanks.

And now I'm hooked. Shame I didn't become a fan until season 7 was at least half-way over, but I'll make up for it with season 8 and Atlantis.
                            It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

I'd been watching on and off since the series started airing on FOX, here in Los Angeles. I'd really liked the series every time I'd seen it, and would watch an episode any time I saw one on. But I wasn't exactly a hardcore fan. I really started getting into the series around the time of the move to Sci-Fi channel. And I became a real fan around the end of season six.

Comment

Phew, I feel bloody old now...I've just realized I've had my ten year Stargate Anniversary....

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                                Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                                ~CELLO!~
                                ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Working...
                                X