The Fist bump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
    Yes, but Reiko, some of us...mostly me, I will admit it...have absolutely no aptitude for math. I can't do basic multiplication or division unless I have a calculator, actually.
    It's a multi-million dollar show. You'd think they'd have enough in the budget to get someone who knows math to help them... or at least buy a calculator.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      they did NOT mention a backup plan
      Because he cut them off when they tried to!

Comment

I'd really like to someone to explain why being happy when in the presence of people you find attractive translates to being sexist and offensive. That is the only thing that the little gesture represents. It may be immature by some people's standards, but it's certainly not sexist.

Unless, of course, you think it's sexist for heterosexual men to be attracted to women in the first place. "Oh noes, they find women attractive! How sexist of them!"

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
        JF and PMc most likely thought they were doing a silly thing that'd be cut but might give the people on the set a laugh. They had no control over it being kept.
        The same logic leads us to: The editors thought it was just a silly thing to keep that would amuse some of the audience. There's very little difference in intention between the two situations.

Comment

If the gender roles were reversed I still would have laughed

Comment

Too much PC in this thread. It should not have been edited out. Thank goodness it was included.

Comment

I think some people just enjoy complaining, though. There's some people who no matter what you say, you're wrong and they're right, and all they do is complain about everything on the show.
              sigpic

Comment

tbh, I'm the one that's usually right

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                  Because he cut them off when they tried to!
                  that's your opinion and I disagree
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I thought I was! Darn it!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Ha, who are you guys kidding? I'm the one that's normally right.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                        So if you were the military leader of atlantis and came upon an all-male squad of hot guys, you'd bump fists or high five your girlfriend? In the field?

The problem is that he does it at the wrong times and it's not realistic. Someone like him would've been court marshaled 29 times over in the real world. His behavior is beneath a man of his position, especially in the field.
                        No, I have to admit I wouldn't have done it.

Since I can't understand many military things (I'm not American) like the whole DADT and so, I don't think about whether these things are realistic in a TV show and would be court marshaled or not in RL. I guess in RL Shep wouldn't be a military leader? But I can see your point here.

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                        The fist bump was an immature and silly gesture but, as I an older female, I did not think it was offensive. Being silly is good to keep some sort of sanity and flavour in our lives.
                        That's what I think too.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          no they didn't try to express ideas, Teldy and Dusty thought the plan sucked

that's your opinion

I certainly disagree
                          But Shep really IS grossly incompetant. Not for the position of Atlantis military IC, as frankly, in th majority of Air Forces it's pilots who end up in important command positions. But he is incompetant in the role of a field leader. Regardless of the lack of training that he actually has in that area, I think this is the first time since Rising that he's actually commanded a MILITARY unit. Usually his team is a bunch of civvies, ie, one scientist, and two alien warriors. Who don't act like military personnel, for good reason. So basically John gets his way, and John does what he wants, but then, how often does he think tactically? Usually he just goes into a Hive guns blazing and that's it.

Even in Rising he made the gash decision to be the one to go after Sumner. As the ONLY one capable of flying the jumper, he had an OBLIGATION to return to it and prepare to evac the rest of the forces, the OTHER team should have gone in for crying out loud.

Shep is a fine pilot, an an asset to the expedition, but NOT in a field leader role.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            Even in Rising he made the gash decision to be the one to go after Sumner. As the ONLY one capable of flying the jumper, he had an OBLIGATION to return to it and prepare to evac the rest of the forces, the OTHER team should have gone in for crying out loud.

Shep is a fine pilot, an an asset to the expedition, but NOT in a field leader role.
                            Then he wouldn't be a major character, just a recurring one. He'd be a General Hammond or Landry. And the other team would be the Team. And the show would have other actors and characters.

In other words, it wouldn't be SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
                              No, I have to admit I wouldn't have done it.
                              As I've said before, I would've. Or at least could've. Whether I should've or not is just one person's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                                Then he wouldn't be a major character, just a recurring one. He'd be a General Hammond or Landry. And the other team would be the Team. And the show would have other actors and characters.

In other words, it wouldn't be SGA.
                                Then they should make sure their main character has the right skills for the role they want him to be in.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X