Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was hoping Dusty would be the one to die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    Good to hear. It's a shame, here in Britain we don't have the type of Military Academies the US do, so I'm at a civvy university, and all my training is done at a base elsewhere. What did you do when you worked with the forces?
    I know, I was going to joing the Navy, but alas it was not meant to be so I had to go the civvy route and am still working with them. Most of my time years ago was working with the Tornado aircraft supplies and repairs, then as a diplomat overseas. Now it's more working with other nations, which is great, because I get to talk a lot, but more managerial. I do miss the good old days though of working directly with the units.

I think it was just the direction she was given, most of my problems come from two main scenes. The one where she's talking about why she came to Pegasus, and the one where she was blowing bubble gum. She also appeared so... annoyed about Carson/Porter it antagonised the rest of her character faults. I also think in places her voice seemed like she was putting it on...
    I see where you mean, she wanted to come to kick ass, and was it her who said it got boring now that the Ori weren't around?

I quite liked that bit where she was getting annoyed with Carson and Porter. I snorted at the 'obvious' bit. But I think you're right about her voice being different to how she normally is, it'd be interesting to hear her own voice, if that wasn't it.

Well the butchness just felt false, as I said I suspect her brief was "act like a cliche bloke". But the bit that got me was the fact that all she cared about was kicking the crap out of aliens and so on so forth. I can imagine some NCOs may be like that in the regular forces, but I can't suspend my disbelief to consider she'd be allowed into the SGC.

I think mixed teams are the most appropriate.
    Cliche bloke. Hehe, what me man, me make fire? No that would have been an interesting conversation. I'd have liked to have been a fly on that wall. Well, I wonder what her special talent is? When they're looking for staff, they all seem to go for that x - factor, so I wonder theirs is?

I prefer mixed teams, you don't tend to go as much as the ego boosts, alpha males and females when it's mixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
      No you're right, not all of them are 'butch', but I know a few who are, and who like kicking ass. You're in the forces aren't you? My Dad was, and i've worked with them for nearly 15 years, so i've seen all sorts of female personnel. I don't know the actress that well or if her voice is naturally that low, but I thought she was very quick witted, yes eager to kill the bad guys, but is that necessarily a bad thing? Maybe she wanted to proove herself as one of the boys to Sheppard? How I saw it, is she's a female version of Ronon. If it's ok for men to talk about killing the bad guys, is it not okay for women to do the same?
      Here's another role of hers, http://www.msdewey.com/
      For so many reasons it has to be the worst idea on the internet.... But anyway you can see now that her voice isn't naturally that low, and she was putting it on which makes it so much worse.

I really really wanted her to die. Her death would have redeemed the episode for me.
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
        Here's another role of hers, http://www.msdewey.com/
        For so many reasons it has to be the worst idea on the internet.... But anyway you can see now that her voice isn't naturally that low, and she was putting it on which makes it so much worse.

I really really wanted her to die. Her death would have redeemed the episode for me.
        Thanks for that, i'm just trying to load it now to hear it

Comment

Dusty was the only one I rooted for to survive.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Not me. I liked the character. Found her refreshing and entertaining. Joe likened her to the relative who always speaks her mind even when most of us would not say those kind of things out loud.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Mehra would have pwned death's face off.

Comment

/raises hand

Right here, right here. She even outstrips McKay in annoyingness, a feat rarely accomplished. I was so hoping she'd die. Not VEGA.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Dusty reminded me of one of the characters in the movie "The Descent". You know, the cocky one who was always running ahead and promptly fell down a shaft, broke her leg, and was eaten by cave monster?

Yeah, the cave monsters really dropped the ball on this one.

Comment

I wanted to see dusty get the life sucked out of her by Todd.

I expected at least 3 of the girls to die but Porter to live. So, she could be Beckett's arm candy.

Yep, Todd should have been there instead of beckett and he should gotten hungry.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I really wasn't hoping anyone would die... but I expected her to die. She was the cocky one who you knew was going to hear a noise, go to check it, and end up being eaten by a lava monster or something. The one that acted like every thing was "Cool" even when the whole village was going to hell. Sure she would have been an easy choice. But no, TPTB decided to surprise us and kill the one they made such a big damn deal about and let the one we didn't really know crap about survive. Sure killing Vega after 2 lines was shocking and surprising. But was it pleasing? No... I actually was hoping only villager dude would die. He had it coming. What I am wondering is... he let all those monster things go, and was in the same room with them when they got out.... unless he ran like a bullet or just stood there holding his breath and tried to hard not to hiccup (damn you hot wings!)... how did he keep from getting killt on the spot?

I didn't think she was a very good actress. Maybe it's just me and maybe I'm just picky, but her acting annoyed me. She was trying to hard to be a tomboy er a Ronon or whatever. Who knows, maybe if they bring her back she will be better and I will be more pleased. But I know this: since they killed of Vega who seemed to be pretty promising in the kick ass female department, if Dusty comes back she better do twice as good of job of filling that job description or else I am going to be ticked. I have always thought that SG needed more chicks and now that they killed 2 and took away 1 (Sam(fired), Weir(died??), and Vega(pushing up daisies)) Dusty, Teldy, and Porter better do a good job.

Ronon Dex Devil
                      Sig made by my good friend, Sarah.

Comment

I rather hoped that all of them would die, seriously, an SG team of models who can't act.. get outta here!
                        Hell, I just can't get over how much this episode sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by P5C768 View Post
                          Let's be honest, an episode like this, someone is going to die.

The guy looking for his wife was obviously going to die.

I knew one of the team members would die, but I thought (hoped) it would be Dusty, not Vega. She was the worst team member since....Makepeace?...The guy who twisted his ankle?...You get the point.

She talked like a dude, in my opinion she was a poor actress (it almost looked like she wanted to look at the camera), and if I were Carson and she bossed me around that way, I would have stunned her and let the blind fog zombies find her!
                          Dusty was the best thign in the entire episode. I really hope she becomes a regular on the show until it ends. Like a support charicter. She was way way way more interesting than any of the other new girls in that team Totaly stealign the show and blowing "Dax" off... she is teh one i wanted to die.. Just wat Atlantis needs another lame scientist person lol NOT.

More Dusty... may she live for ever!!!

Comment

I'm in the minority here, I didn't think Dusty was annoying...I actually thought she was pretty funny and provided a good escape from the whiny extras that the Stargate casting team frequently bring on.

Maybe it's the fact that I think the whole Teyla pregnancy plot is stupid, but I would much rather replace her character with someone like Dusty. Both Ronin and Teyla characters have been too one dimensional for me, and really, it's been Rodney and John (and hopes of seeing Steve, the wraith) that have kept me watching.

Of course, none of this really matters because they are cancelling the whole series on us! ARGH!

Comment

Why do you want the beutiful women to die? Get off your star trek collection and step outside for a change.

She was the best part about the episode, i liked both her personality and acting.

Comment

Not me. She was my favorite of the female team.

I liked her spunk.

Comment

Working...
                                X