• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

teldy was Kershaw on The Sentinal

she died there too

she was also on, FX i think. a short lived tv show

alison porter was best known as Ezri Dax on the last season of DS9

I think the only horror cliches they missed was the 'virgin that dies while having sex for the first time'
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
      I pretty much agree. Cliches galore, but still fairly entertaining, I thought. I liked Porter, I hope they bring her back before the finale, or maybe for the movie.

Teldy looked really familiar. I swear I've seen her in Stargate before, maybe in SG-1?
      Teldy is played by Christina Cox, who has been on a few SG-1 eps. I remember her most from "Spirits", where she played T'ayaka one of the freaky faced human spirit peoples . . . or something like that.

She also played Kershaw on the "Sentinal".
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

It was...boring. Nothing special here.
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

that was the worst episode for this season so far, what there even a point to this epsiode? And seriously what with the team of girls???

Comment

Originally posted by nightmare_warrior View Post
            that was the worst episode for this season so far, what there even a point to this epsiode? And seriously what with the team of girls???
            I enjoyed the team of girls, it was a nice change, IMO, but they can't shove us with four completely new characters and expect us to connect and care about them like we would with main characters.
            sigpic
            The Return of King Arthur
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by nightmare_warrior View Post
              just be thankful Sheppard didn't kirk them all
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                I think Carson is going to be kirking Allison

Comment

this was honestly the worst episode ive ever watched in the stargate franchise. i cant believe i wasted an hour of my life on it.
                  STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I enjoyed it. Although, I hardly ever watch horror so I'm sure alot of cliches when over my head. I wouldn't want to watch this every week but, this episode was a nice change of pace for me.

I loved the interaction between Beckett and Nicole de Boer's character.

And, yeah, the fog was way pixilated for me too.
                    "What's your situation?"
                    "I'm hiding. What's yours?"

Comment

The all-female team was a bit contrived, but there was no screaming, crying or sprained ankles, so I enjoyed it. It's kind of hard to get involved with that many new characters at once though.

I also found it very nice not to deal with either Rodney or Keller's issues. Instead we got a bunch of adults on a mission. No drama queens. That was great.

The attraction between Beckett and Porter was a little overdone, but it was nice to have Beckett back and Porter was likable enough that it wasn't too bothersome.

I really enjoyed Teldy once the story got going. I think she and Sheppard make a nice team.
                      Last edited by Cautious Explorer; 05 September 2008, 07:29 PM.

Comment

It's not the worst, but it underwhelmed me. I was left thinking, "What was the purpose of this?"

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          Hey, leave Sheppard alone. Rodney's the one falling in love every other episode.

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                          this was honestly the worst episode ive ever watched in the stargate franchise. i cant believe i wasted an hour of my life on it.
                          Have you seen Trio? Harmony? Missing?

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
                            It's not the worst, but it underwhelmed me. I was left thinking, "What was the purpose of this?"
                            I had the same reaction. I guess I had such high expectations that it surprised me when it turned out to be a big cliche. I don't mind homages, but this didn't reach that level for me.

Shep's reaction to the all female team disturbed me. First because shouldn't he know the people under his command or does he only deal with the Majors and not bother with any rank lower than that? Secondly I've never ever seen Shep look as a women as less capable than a man. He has always seemed to accept that Teyla can kick his butt without question. The look on his face and the reaction of Teldy seemed to imply that he thought an all female team less and that just doesn't fit for Sheppards character to me.

I admit to being convinced that Dusty was going to die. I can't belive she actually made it to the end alive. I also can't belive they killed Vega after all the build. Why? Why? Why? Seriously why bother messing with us, building up a new character when she was only going to wind up with a handful of lines between two eps? Seems a waste of their time and our expectations. I guess the jokes on us, but its not really funny. No punchline.

I really wanted to love this episode and instead I was meh.

I forgot I really love Christina Cox and would love to see her return but I doubt we will.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              This episode was beyond terrible. I thought the point of a horror story was to scare people not bore them out of their skulls. The transition was beyond terrible. I am at a lost for words on how some events happened. The female team was filled with tons of cliches and cringe moments. Not mention I could tell exactly what was going to happen and when the monsters were going to show up. The fog was such a lame plot device. I seriousy haven't seen an episode this bad since Irresponsible. I can't even stomach myself to right my normal reviews.
                              I'll have to sadly agree. I've never been entranced by the horror genre, but this seemed to embody everything I hate about it. The fog is a tired, lame plot device that the sci-fi genre can do much better than. We're allowed so many other possibilities that this shouldn't have even been on the table. The 'surprised that we're a team of girls?!' cliché is also unnecessary, and just plain tired humor. And oh yeah, we learned next to nothing about Michael's current plans, so this didn't mean a thing to the plot.

The acting was 'so-so'. One was the stereotypical comedic-wanna-be, the major in charge of her didn't do anything interesting, and I think the other got killed before anything happened.

However; i'm not about to diss Ezri Dax just yet. I'll keep my favoritism a little longer until I see more.
                              Last edited by Biokinetica; 05 September 2008, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                                Have you seen Trio? Harmony? Missing?
                                You forgot the Irrs
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X