This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
    The all-female team was a bit contrived, but there was no screaming, crying or sprained ankles, so I enjoyed it. It's kind of hard to get involved with that many new characters at once though.

I also found it very nice not to deal with either Rodney or Keller's issues. Instead we got a bunch of adults on a mission. No drama queens. That was great.

The thing I found most interesting about this episode is I didn't miss Rodney, Teyla, Ronon, or Woosley one bit. What does this say? I'm not sure.

SGA is sorely lacking a clear defined team with solid chemistry among the characters.

Comment

I admit that I enjoyed the episode. Both Teldy and Dr. Alison were strong characters. I thought that Mehra got to be a bit annoying, especially in the beginning moments. While the episode had some definite cliches, the "new hybrids" were interesting and I enjoyed seeing Carson back for a major role. Will they develop the possible relationship between Carson and Alison? Or will it be like the rest of Atlantis and be a one episode deal?
      WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY 2013

Comment

I'm easily scared so I wasn't bored. I just HATE horror movies. I didn't like it for that reason.

But I liked it because Beckett was there and he got a gf now! YAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Wardog117 View Post
          Will they develop the possible relationship between Carson and Alison? Or will it be like the rest of Atlantis and be a one episode deal?
          Since the show is ending, and i don't think Carson is featured big in the remaining episodes... I would say no.

Comment

Originally posted by Wardog117 View Post
            I admit that I enjoyed the episode. Both Teldy and Dr. Alison were strong characters. I thought that Mehra got to be a bit annoying, especially in the beginning moments. While the episode had some definite cliches, the "new hybrids" were interesting and I enjoyed seeing Carson back for a major role. Will they develop the possible relationship between Carson and Alison? Or will it be like the rest of Atlantis and be a one episode deal?
            Well whatever they do with Carson and Allison, just hope they dont being back another team of girls trying to replace Ronon, Mckay, and teyla like that. And where was Ronon and his gun...

Comment

I believe that Carson was supposed to be in 5 episodes this season. This makes number 2. Here's to having him play a major role in the Atlantis movie series.
              WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY 2013

Comment

I think it was a mistake to Bring back Beckett. Fans wanted him back too much and the writers bent to their will. Kinda sucks since He really isn't as cool in the episodes where He's a clone. The clashing of two Doctors doesn't make for a very good type of episode. Anyways, with that said, I don't think this episode did that well, because it seemed they were attempting to make Beckett a sort of Rodney character. With the romance (clearly Rodney's territory), and him being kinda lame with a gun (Rodney territory). Also some of the girls annoyed me a lot. I did not care for the horror aspect of this. I don't believe Michael would make a mistake like making theses creatures unable to be controlled.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                  Teldy is played by Christina Cox, who has been on a few SG-1 eps. I remember her most from "Spirits", where she played T'ayaka one of the freaky faced human spirit peoples . . . or something like that.

She also played Kershaw on the "Sentinal".
                  Ah, that explains it. Thanks!

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                  The all-female team was a bit contrived, but there was no screaming, crying or sprained ankles, so I enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed Teldy once the story got going. I think she and Sheppard make a nice team.
                  The all-female team was contrived, but I liked how they kinda acknowledged that in the beginning, and then for the rest of the episode they didn't make too big a deal out of it, they were just regular soldiers.

Teldy and Sheppard did make a good team, I hope they bring her back along with Porter.

And even though the episode was a standalone, I liked the small nods at continuity: the references to Michael's labs, the defeat of the Ori and the improved security in the Pegasus galaxy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                    I thought it was a pretty good episode.

Nice to see the all woman team and Dr. Beckett again.

Another one of Michael's research planets. I wonder how many of these they'll find. A very weird beginning apparently taking place a year ago.

I am going to say it now since it's been bothering me but I'm glad that only one member of the female team ended up dying, I was afraid that they'd turn out like the Russian teams and have all but one die. And why did they choose Alicia Vega (who they made such a big deal out of before the season aired) get killed?

The McKay-Beckett scene in the beginning was so small that I actually forgot that it took place later while watching the episode.

What is it with those misty villages?

Those things were pretty scary looking. I don't know if it's this season or that it's the last season but I have been enjoying these episodes more than last season's episodes and they feel more tense to me.

I hope that we see the female team again and that no more of them end up dying.

Not a lot to talk about this time for me. Much of this episode reminded me of "Morpheus" in SG-1 with the foggy dark village and research in one of the rooms.

I hate when some villager decides to "let out the monsters" but I guess it's a convenient plot device.

I didn't notice anything wrong with the fog personally. But I guess that is because my digital cable quality isn't that great to start with.

The monster killing action was nice though. I like that the old C4 prop from SG-1 were shown, why was the timer blue instead of red? Just to change things up?

Why did the fog prevent electronics from working? Were parts of this episode missing? A lot of things didn't make that much sense. And where was the sound that attracted the monsters? I know it was "ultrasonic" but shows usually have a cue to the viewers as to when it happens.

I did find it odd that they showed "Harmony" 2 episodes prior to this one which was a Sheppard-McKay episode and this one was a Sheppard-Beckett-McKay episode.

I did like the episode but there isn't much to say about it.

Vala,
                    I found the eps mehhh. I enjoy SGA on Friday and will miss it when it is gone. But I found it strange that they got rid of Vega. When it happen I said wasn't that the one they madeout to be the new hot chick. Since they decided not to get new writers/producers I guess they may as well cancel the show. I absolutely love SGA but this show has disappointed me on so many levels.

Comment

The only thing I didn't like, or thought was weird, was Sheppard not knowing it was an all girl team. Even if he didn't meet them all face to face, he would have to know who the major picked on her team, at least with reports. That's the only thing that struck me as weird. I didn't mind the episode. Wasn't the best, but it really wasn't the worst.
                      there’s a decent living to be made in the selling out of ideals--Darren Hayes

Comment

This episode wasn't my cup of tea. I don't like the horror genre, so that made it less appealing to me.
                        I didn't care about the female team at all. I missed our team. My reasoning for feeling underwhelmed by the female team is unfair---I think that if the show hadn't been cancelled, and I knew that we still had plenty of opportunity for more team episodes, I would've given the female team more of a chance. Unfortunately, I found myself almost resenting their presence and wishing Ronon, Teyla and Rodney would step through the gate to help. I feel like time is slipping away and I want to see those four together as much as possible before its all over.
                        It was good to see Carson! I agree with the poster who said that they were confused at the end of the episode because the scene cut so quickly that it appeared that the original scene was starting over a la Groundhogs Day.....that threw me for a moment too.
                        I did like Shep in that turtleneck, so the episode wasn't a total loss.

Wilson3Girl

Comment

For me, this was the worst episode of Season 5..maybe of any season.

Comment

I hope the team learns about the fog. It could be a huge technological breakthrough. Apparently is serves as a damping field affecting the battery of your flash-light's and walkie talkies, but hey the laptop works good enough to not only come on but emit an ultrasonic sound.

Comment

I don't know, I liked this episode. I love atmospheric horror stories, so all the fog and monsters really made me happy. If "Vengeance" was a monster story, this was a horror story.

Ok, I loved the Sheppard/Beckett fist bump when they saw the team was all female. Small bit but classic.

There were a few faults here and there, but it was a fun episode.

I'm loving Season 5, I'm so bummed about the cancellation.
                              Rush rocks.

Comment

I gave the episode a B+. Why did the doctor go off on her own and then make loud whimpering sounds? They knew they were supposed to be quiet but anytime they were in the house/inn all of them were loud. I liked Captain vega and Major Teldy. It is too bad Vega died. I gave it only a B+ because again Teyla and Ronan were not in the episdoe but it was good to see Carson.

Comment

Working...
                                X