This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by APFW View Post
    I gave the episode a B+. Why did the doctor go off on her own and then make loud whimpering sounds? They knew they were supposed to be quiet but anytime they were in the house/inn all of them were loud. I liked Captain vega and Major Teldy. It is too bad Vega died. I gave it only a B+ because again Teyla and Ronan were not in the episdoe but it was good to see Carson.
    i give it a F-

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
      Teldy is played by Christina Cox, who has been on a few SG-1 eps. I remember her most from "Spirits", where she played T'ayaka one of the freaky faced human spirit peoples . . . or something like that.

She also played Kershaw on the "Sentinal".
      She also play Vicky on Blood Ties.

Comment

Originally posted by nightmare_warrior View Post
        i give it a F-
        Such a grade doesn't exist
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          it does now

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson3Girl View Post
            I didn't care about the female team at all. I missed our team. My reasoning for feeling underwhelmed by the female team is unfair---I think that if the show hadn't been cancelled, and I knew that we still had plenty of opportunity for more team episodes, I would've given the female team more of a chance. Unfortunately, I found myself almost resenting their presence and wishing Ronon, Teyla and Rodney would step through the gate to help. I feel like time is slipping away and I want to see those four together as much as possible before its all over.
            I think you are right here, the episode suffers from it being the second one since the cancellation news. Although I would agree with many that The Shrine was excellent, I also think it benefited from a huge sentimental boost of affection due to the shock.
            Now, two weeks later, people are coming to terms with that, and are wanting to see their favorite aspects without any distractions by other people/plots/etc.
            (JM gave the episode a huge build up on his blog, what with the spooky pictures and all, and it probably couldn't help but suffer in comparison to the anticpation).
            Also, I think people are beginning to distance themselves from the show emotionally, and prepare for the ending, so it won't hurt so much when it finally is over.
            That being said, I really did like the episode and enjoyed the female team much more than I thought I would. But I would have loved Ronon, Teyla and Rodney being there even more....
            sigpicGadget

Comment

i give it a F-
              I did score ithe episode too high.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                I think the only horror cliches they missed was the 'virgin that dies while having sex for the first time'
                LOL

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                just be thankful Sheppard didn't kirk them all
                That’s for sure

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                The all-female team was a bit contrived, but there was no screaming, crying or sprained ankles, so I enjoyed it. It's kind of hard to get involved with that many new characters at once though.

I also found it very nice not to deal with either Rodney or Keller's issues. Instead we got a bunch of adults on a mission. No drama queens. That was great.

The attraction between Beckett and Porter was a little overdone, but it was nice to have Beckett back and Porter was likable enough that it wasn't too bothersome.

I really enjoyed Teldy once the story got going. I think she and Sheppard make a nice team.
                On the first one totally agree

Second completely agree

Third it was kid of cheese for me too

Four yeap!

i give it a F-
                Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                From now on it does in honor of Atlantis

Well I thought it was a mix of the night of the living dead/the fog and that Chinese flick “Buffy” MG was on, were the little boy was all creepy and the Ring, were the creatures could crawl the walls and the ceilings and well you get the picture.

So What happen to the Stargate Universe?

Why do they always have to ask ‘What was that?’ after they heard gun fire been FIRE!! They suppose to be in the military don’t they?

And does Sheppard just don’t like a whole team of women or was it because none of then flirt with him…no maybe the uniforms weren’t attractive enough.

What crack me up, the girls thinking they got all of the zombies just for the last of the dozen popping out of nowhere what they do 3 angry gals turn on him with P99 or whatever they carried and get rid of him.

"And that I stay back here for a moment" team separates doean't Sheppard or the gal in charge of the girls team Know they don't separate? guess they needed to fill the 45 minutes right?
                sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

P99 remind me of the song 99 red balloons - Nena...that was what the show was all about, girls with their p90s singing 99 red balloons......

Comment

This was a so-so episode and I thought it would be scarier than it was.

I thought Sheppard was in charge of the military on Atlantis, but he didn't know about this team. WTF??

Teldy and Sgt. Dusty were the best - Dusty more so. She was the only one I'd like to see come back. Porter went from sorta-okay, to meek, hiding and wimping. For a minute I thought we had Keller in this episode. Suddenly 5 minutes later she has a gun. What happened, the writers were confused?? I was irritated. Wish she would have died instead the other gal.

The token villager was idiotic. All that noise he made, it was obvious he was monster bait.

Liked Beckett. These Beckett episodes just emphasize how much he is missed. What a mistake to kill him off. Keller just doesn't come close to being interesting. Yeah, Beckett gets scared, but he does his work. Keller just makes me gag.

The fog was wrong and didn't look right and didn't set a mood for me at all. Just made everything difficult to see. *shrug* Hope next week is better.

Comment

Very good creepy/scary episode. Wished the whole team went with Shep and Carson, but oh well. Speaking of the team, is it just me or did they put Rodney in this ep just to keep the fact that he was in every episode alive? Anyway, the Girlie Squad was cool, I didn't like that they reused Kershaw from Sentinal because I spent 5 or so minutes after she was introduced trying to figure out where I knew her from, lolz. After all the Vega hubbub, she was just in the background in S&R and then gets redshirted in Whispers. I guess if they wanted to surprise us it worked, She was the only one of them that I thought would make it through the ep. Overall 8/10.

Perfecto!

Comment

I liked the episode, but it's probably the worst of the season so far.
                        I'm not into horror movies to begin with so maybe that has something to do with it.
                        I liked the all female team - it's a shame Vega didn't make it though.
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                          I liked the episode, but it's probably the worst of the season so far.
                          I'm not into horror movies to begin with so maybe that has something to do with it.
                          I liked the all female team - it's a shame Vega didn't make it though.
                          i didnt like dusty but i like Allison...

Comment

I enjoyed the episode very much, and I'm not usually a fan of female characters - to me they were all expendable...however...

I somehow managed to like these characters well enough to enjoy the episode, and root for them in the end.

Someone asked what the point of the episode was...

Well, first off, it was entertaining. Not every episode needs to have a 'point'. Hubby and I cuddled on the sofa with a bowl of popcorn, turned off the lights and enjoyed the experience. By the end, I was clenching a pillow, as if it somehow had the power to protect me from whatever those horrible things were on the screen. So for me, the episode did what it set out to do - it gave me a thrill.

That said, there WERE other points to this episode...the one that impressed me the most was that it established the sort of lengths Michael would go to in order to create his 'master race'. Think of the extent of his scientific knowledge to be able to do such things. It adds a bit more depth to what we already know - Michael wasn't just an ordinary Wraith when he was captured, but a brilliant scientist - a scientist whose brilliance has since been warped by what the Lanteans did to him. THIS is what his mind now sees fit to create, and it's something that is even beyond his control. How many other experiments like this are out there? We may never know now - but it sure is fun to speculate!

I enjoyed the episode very much - it wasn't as touching as The Shrine, which is a really hard act to follow. I liked the 'cliche' feeling to the episode - let's face it, there isn't much new in the way of horror - the same formulas that worked 50 years ago still work today, and that in and of itself gave the episode a nice retro feel to it - a good 'popcorn', curl up on the couch-type episode.

das
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                              I enjoyed the episode very much, and I'm not usually a fan of female characters - to me they were all expendable...however...

I somehow managed to like these characters well enough to enjoy the episode, and root for them in the end.

Someone asked what the point of the episode was...

Well, first off, it was entertaining. Not every episode needs to have a 'point'. Hubby and I cuddled on the sofa with a bowl of popcorn, turned off the lights and enjoyed the experience. By the end, I was clenching a pillow, as if it somehow had the power to protect me from whatever those horrible things were on the screen. So for me, the episode did what it set out to do - it gave me a thrill.

That said, there WERE other points to this episode...the one that impressed me the most was that it established the sort of lengths Michael would go to in order to create his 'master race'. Think of the extent of his scientific knowledge to be able to do such things. It adds a bit more depth to what we already know - Michael wasn't just an ordinary Wraith when he was captured, but a brilliant scientist - a scientist whose brilliance has since been warped by what the Lanteans did to him. THIS is what his mind now sees fit to create, and it's something that is even beyond his control. How many other experiments like this are out there? We may never know now - but it sure is fun to speculate!

I enjoyed the episode very much - it wasn't as touching as The Shrine, which is a really hard act to follow. I liked the 'cliche' feeling to the episode - let's face it, there isn't much new in the way of horror - the same formulas that worked 50 years ago still work today, and that in and of itself gave the episode a nice retro feel to it - a good 'popcorn', curl up on the couch-type episode.

das

Comment

I actually liked this one better than The Shrine. That one had flow issues which made the contrived parts a bit glaring—this one had a couple such issues, but it flowed nicely so that I didn't notice until after it was all over. (And just for the record, I can find contrived parts in anything, so that's not necessarily a mark against something. ) The female team was a bit , but their characterization was nice. I liked that they weren't all butch, that they didn't all survive just because they were girls, and that there was no screaming. I know a lot of women do scream when frightened, but I'm one who doesn't, and I'm glad the writers knew that these actresses could portray apprehension and fear without it.

And yeah, there wasn't much plot behind the story, but it was an entertaining bit of thrill ride, and the monsters were sufficiently creepy. I really enjoyed Teldy as a character, about as much as I enjoy Lorne—I hope she comes back.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                                ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X