Elizabeth Weir in AU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pic View Post
    Yes, it seems that nobody was satisfied with THAT outcome. Just goes to show that you can't please everyone.

Anyway, AU!Weir is probably back in Washington with Narim(or whatever his name was in SGA) and their dog, Simon. She's completely ignorant of the Stargate program and working on peace in the Middle East or something.

(or was Simon the boyfriend's name?)
    Simon was the boyfriend but considering that fug ugly hairdo in Intruder he works as the dog too.

In my AU, she's still the leader of Atlantis and everything from Sunday on never happened.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Southern Red, I had the same thought when I saw this episode. This is actually the first episode I've seen since the end of Season 3. I also thought the medic in Afghanistan would be Elizabeth. JF and TH were smoking hot together, IMO.

It was very poignant seeing John die in the desert alone. A poster in the episode thread wrote that the Vegas John is the true John, with no defenses, truly an emotionally stunted man broken by the events in his life. He is our John turned inside out. I agree with this assessment.

We finally find out who the real John Sheppard is and he is not that likeable. He blows off the nurse. He is okay with stealing the poker money. He has no family or friends, has a gambling problem. Yet, he can do one selfless act in trying to stop a serial killer to redeem himself in his own heart. Can I mention that JF looks gorgeous in civilian clothes! What a beautiful man!

The John and Elizabeth are tragic lovers. Elizabeth dying a gruesome death earlier (something with naniites) and John finally fulfilling his death-wish in his next suicide mission. It's fitting that he dies alone in the desert staring at the stars. They make a pair. (I know it's an AU episode, but thematically it fits and interestingly, they made this the second to last episode of the series).

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerbud View Post
        Southern Red, I had the same thought when I saw this episode. This is actually the first episode I've seen since the end of Season 3. I also thought the medic in Afghanistan would be Elizabeth. JF and TH were smoking hot together, IMO.

It was very poignant seeing John die in the desert alone. A poster in the episode thread wrote that the Vegas John is the true John, with no defenses, truly an emotionally stunted man broken by the events in his life. He is our John turned inside out. I agree with this assessment.

We finally find out who the real John Sheppard is and he is not that likeable. He blows off the nurse. He is okay with stealing the poker money. He has no family or friends, has a gambling problem. Yet, he can do one selfless act in trying to stop a serial killer to redeem himself in his own heart. Can I mention that JF looks gorgeous in civilian clothes! What a beautiful man!

The John and Elizabeth are tragic lovers. Elizabeth dying a gruesome death earlier (something with naniites) and John finally fulfilling his death-wish in his next suicide mission. It's fitting that he dies alone in the desert staring at the stars. They make a pair. (I know it's an AU episode, but thematically it fits and interestingly, they made this the second to last episode of the series).
        Great thoughts. I too love the discussion about this John being our John turned inside out. We've talked a bit about that over on the S/W thread.

I don't see him so much as the true John, but as John as he could have been without the support of his friends on Atlantis. Also the Afghanistan incident didn't go quite so badly in our reality so our John isn't quite as damaged. But he still has those issues deep inside and in S4-5 his dark side has seeped to the surface more. Naturally, I see Elizabeth as the deciding factor in his life. Others disagree, but that's okay.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

my sis is convinced the woman Sheppard went back for during the war was Weir. We can hope can't we?
          Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
          Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
          Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
            They existed. Is that not enough for you?
            I like to be a thorn in TPTB's side.

A poster in the episode thread wrote that the Vegas John is the true John, with no defenses, truly an emotionally stunted man broken by the events in his life. He is our John turned inside out. I agree with this assessment.
            Yup. John Sheppard is a tragic character; the only difference here is that he didn't have his friends. (And he's still lost 2 of them, so...)

Comment

John is an interesting character to be chosen as a hero for a traditional action-adventure show. He's more of an anti-hero. He cares about the people he works closely with, but he's basically a loner. Without a structured setting like the military, he becomes more vulnerable to his propensity for emotional isolation. I like to think that having Elizabeth alive in his life saved him in all the different universes.

Comment

John is an interesting character to be chosen as a hero for a traditional action-adventure show. He's more of an anti-hero. He cares about the people he works closely with, but he's basically a loner. Without a structured setting like the military, he becomes more vulnerable to his propensity for emotional isolation. I like to think that having Elizabeth alive in his life saved him in all the different universes.
                A loner? He plays with radio controlled cars with his best friend.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen that scene. So, not so much a loner.

Comment

I haven't seen that scene. So, not so much a loner.
                    FYI, it's in the very beginning and end of Prodigal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                    MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter View Post
                      my sis is convinced the woman Sheppard went back for during the war was Weir. We can hope can't we?
                      Your sister and I share that same mind ...along with every other Shep/Weir shipper. It was really the first thing that popped into my mind.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

okay, i try not to weep openly when thinking about wier ...

"The John and Elizabeth are tragic lovers. Elizabeth dying a gruesome death earlier (something with naniites) and John finally fulfilling his death-wish in his next suicide mission. It's fitting that he dies alone in the desert staring at the stars. They make a pair."

YOU ARE NOT HELPING!!

*sniff*

Comment

I tought they offered her a role for "gost in the machine" but didn't she turn it down?

Comment

Originally posted by leeman15251 View Post
                            I tought they offered her a role for "gost in the machine" but didn't she turn it down?
                            Once again, to repeat for those who missed the several other times I've posted it in various threads at GW, this is an excerpt from Torri Higginson's interview included with Big Finish's SGA audio drama CD "A Necessary Evil", released in May 2008 (drama and interview were recorded in January 2008):

Interviewer: Do you miss her, as a character, now that you haven't played her for a while? Is she someone that you think about, or is it just another role that you've moved on from?

Torri: No, I definitely think about her, I mean, and I think especially because this last year, it's been so strange, I haven't known if I'm coming back or not coming back, there's been no clarity as far as what her story goes, so that's been hard to put it to rest. Yeah, she crosses my mind a lot, yeah, and I wish her well. And for all I know, she'll be back again next year with a red-haired actress playing her! (Torri and the interviewer dissolve into giggles at this part!) And I'll tune in to see how she's doing!

Interviewer: Have you heard any more about whether you're going to be asked back?

Torri: Honestly, well actually, I'll just come out in the open now, so I think I can say it. Um, I'm not coming back. They did come to me and ask me to come back this year, but it was very unclear as to what it was going to be, what they're going to ask you to do, and it was unclear as to um, if it was going to be a tidying up of her or if it was gonna to continue to be a vague 'is she here, is she not there.' And so that, mixed with other contractual things, I chose not to do it. And it was sort of tough, because I felt a sense of responsibility, and mostly, to be honest, towards the fans, I wanted to give them a sense of closure. And I felt that I was sort of being betraying by saying no to do it, but I didn't feel it was going to be a closure, I wasn't convinced it was gonna be, it was gonna tidy it up. So I felt, well then if we're just gonna continue this sort of vague dragging it on every year, and I wanted a clarity, and I thought that at the end of the day, however much the fans might be disappointed and not have her do it for another episode, I think they would appreciate my reasons why. I hope so.
                            So basically, Torri wanted to come back, but she also wanted to give the character and the fans closure. When she found that the story for GitM would not give proper closure to the Weir storyline, she declined the offer.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                            X