This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboleyn24 View Post
    The CSI homage was clever.?* It felt like a completely different show, from the music to the camera angles and editing.?* Very little SGA in it at all.?* It was a creative risk that for the most part paid off.?*
    How was it clever? I saw the CSI cliches coming a mile away.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I know i'm probably going to get shot for this but i thought that Vegas was the best episode ever of Stargate Atlantis!!!

Now i just want to know if anyone else agrees with me? Or at least think it was up there in the top 5?
      The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

who knows maybe jack went to atlantis instead.
        The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          You say cliche', I say homage'
          sigpic

Comment

It wasn't distasteful though, they fit into the show nicely and weren't cliched, at least IMO.

The style in the intro was blatantly borrowed from CSI, but they were done in a way that didn't make me feel like I was watching some parody of CSI.

And besides, after the initial crime scene and a few tidbits of Shepperd piecing it all together, the similarities between CSI and Vegas ceased.

Comment

Really great episode, no doubt about that IMO. I really liked the different portrayal of John, even though at his core, he was still the hero we know and love.

And seeing those two guys from Sopranos was very cool.

This was definitely a different kind of Atlantis episode, but in a good way. I liked how they tried something different, and did it well. It was also nice that they were able to tie this episode into next week's finale.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, that's just like all the AU worlds where Daniel wasn't at SGC but it got along just fine without him. In "our" world though, Daniel's the reason the SGC was established the way it was and when it was, etc. In our world, Sheppard saved many people and stuff, but it stands to reason in other AU worlds Atlantis would still happen without him. That doesn't make him less valuable or valued here.
                sigpic
                Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                I'm a 60%er!
                ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

I guess we'll have to get shot together, because I agree. I can't remember an episode where I refused to leave the room in case a commercial ended and the episode started again and I might have missed a few seconds if I left the room. I was completely hooked throughout the episode and really didn't want it to end. About the only thing I was a tad disappointed about is that Teyla wasn't in it. But, then, Ronon wasn't either ... both absences surprised me a bit.

Comment

Well CSI is one big cliche so how can you do a homage to it and all the other procedural that are on television without being cliche? So in that regard I took in the cliches with a sense of irony. I am probably giving them too much credit though.

Mostly I meant making a show that looked far more like a CBS show than a SciFi one was a bit of a twist on the series.

Comment

All in all a good episode in my opinion. Really good acting. Interesting and inivative storyline all around good ep to me.
                      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

That was the whole idea. They always say (producers/directors in the commentaries) whenever they pay homage to a movie or a another TV show......they hang a lantern on it saying..."hey...we know we completely ripped off of this show/movie...and proud of it". It's for pure entertainment if nothing else.
                        sigpic
                        Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

I would not say best episode ever, but it was the better half of this season. I think people are going to be very impressed to how they tie this into the finale next week.
                          sigpic

Comment

Best episode? IMO, no.

Top 5 episode? IMO, no.

But, it was a great episode. Very different from anything else we've seen on SGA. TPTB gambled a bit with this one, and IMO, pulled it off nicely.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Damn good episode!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                              MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

I'll stand in line for the firing squad with you!
                                I can't think of a single Stargate ep that I have liked better than this one. Ever.
                                Even if I am still teary eyed...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X