Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just re-watched it, for the first time in a while. I think it's okay for a wannabe episode - wannabe CSI-ish, or the Outer Limits. I might appreciate the ep more if it were from one of those series. But, I was watching SGA. This isn't an episode I plan on viewing again any time soon.
    My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Originally posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
      I loved it when he owned John in their alternate reality.!

Why not they have a new series : "Stargate CSI: Vegas"?

I like to see Drs. Keller, Zelenka, and Beckett work in lab team as Sam Carter, Ronon and Evan would be detectives.
      Totally agree with you, man! This was the best Atlantis Ep ever! SOLITARY MAN RULES!!!!!!!! And Vegas(modified to fit the other detectives who all get killed during this episode) should be the last episode where all the detectives die one by one and John is the last one with the ending where he also dies as Rodney the boss is shown too.
      SOLITARY MAN!!!!!
      Dead List: One by one.
      AAAHHH!
      :NOOOO!!!! SHEP, THERE ARE WRAITH...AHHH!!!!!!!
      lease don't kill me...AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
      Dear lord...AH!
      :I can...oh.
      :You will pay...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      :Urgh... "Solitary Man"
      Meanwhile...
      :Hm, where are my detectives... Oh, I know, they went into McDonald again!
      Last edited by rushy; 04 July 2010, 11:20 AM.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Vegas was maybe not the best episode ever, but it was still better than most of the episodes in the second half of season five.

Comment

Viva las vegas !!!
          The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
          sigpic

Comment

For the pure eye candy that Sheppard is, this is an awesome episode. For a Stargate Atlantis episode, not so much. It seemed more like CSI or something. Not a bad eppy, just not....great.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
              For the pure eye candy that Sheppard is, this is an awesome episode. For a Stargate Atlantis episode, not so much. It seemed more like CSI or something. Not a bad eppy, just not....great.
              If was more like a bad attempt at a CSI ep
              sigpic

Comment

I thought it was a cool episode. Season 5 was not the best but i really enjoyed it. i thought it was cool they had the 2 guys from Sopranos take part in the poker Game and when the Wraith in Captivity was doing Shakespere lol !
                sigpic
                Kenton Canada

Comment

I watched it again little while back. It still didn't do it for me. I can sure still appreciate them trying something new, but it's just an episode about a bunch of people I don't know on a planet I don't know doing things that I wasn't quite able to follow as well as I'd like. How was it exactly that John figured out where to go in the end again? The characters may look like the ones we knew but they aren't much like them. I hardly know anything about them or how they got the points they were at. So there's' really only so much I can care about characters I just met.

I wasn't crazy about the pacing either. It felt like there was so much time building up the mystery (which wasn't surprising given you had to establish an entirely new setting to have it in too) that actually solving it was anti-climactic.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

This epsiode was unbelievably amazing!

I was hooked from the opening: the hot desert sun, cowboy music and a red sports car!

And plenty of goodness followed: heavy metal wraith, the poker scene, Johnny Cash, alternates for many of our favourite characters.

The best television shows make genre-crossing episodes like this. The musical episode for Buffy was one of the best episodes of all time.

Indeed up until this moment, I thought that Stargate was incapable of achieving the same sweeping variety of Doctor Who: I now see that the producers were simply never brave enough until "Vegas." (Of course judging by the attacks on this episode in this thread, I can see why the producers stuck to a narrow range of story genres throughout fifteen seasons.)

Comment

On another note, I actually enjoyed this episode completely despite my normal tastes. I do not enjoy crime drama very much, I much prefer classical music to rock, gambling does not interest me and I usually hate any stories about the mob and Vegas.

This episode was Stargate through and through for me. All the cars, music, cards and rocker fashion simply made for a truly unique Stargate story, for a redolant atmosphere and fascinating background.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallifer View Post
                        All the cars, music, cards and rocker fashion simply made for a truly unique Stargate story, for a redolant atmosphere and fascinating background.
                        A story that you hate or love, with nothing in between.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          A story that you hate or love, with nothing in between.
                          I would say that this is generally true, but my feelings toward it are that it is middle-of-the-road; some great moments, some meh execution and plot development. I quite liked the ending - it was... poetic.
                          sigpic
                          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

It was a so so episode...
                            + sexy wraiths back
                            + solitary man
                            + cool metal music
                            + Todd being a poet
                            + Todd looking totally cute in his prisonersuit

- very confusing. No introduction, no follow up, nothing.
                            - It has nothing to do with the ep before and the ep after it. It's just a random episode wich they pasted into the show because they didn't know any better
                            - the storyline was rather boring sometimes. I wanted to press the forward button a couple of time
                            On your knees human!! *hiss*

Comment

well, it sort of had something to do with the episode that followed it - the signal sent by ('spike') the wraith crossed into 'our' universe giving the super zpm powered hive the co-ordinates to earth!

Comment

Originally posted by Thorthewraith View Post
                                It was a so so episode...
                                + sexy wraiths back
                                + solitary man
                                + cool metal music
                                + Todd being a poet
                                + Todd looking totally cute in his prisonersuit

- very confusing. No introduction, no follow up, nothing.
                                - It has nothing to do with the ep before and the ep after it. It's just a random episode wich they pasted into the show because they didn't know any better
                                - the storyline was rather boring sometimes. I wanted to press the forward button a couple of time
                                It was mainly there as a lead up to EaTG, with the signal passing on Earth's coordinates.
                                But they could have given it a better plot, have more involvement with Atlantis than just mentioning that McKay knew an AU Sheppard.

But I like how they fitted it to CSI so well, giving us a taste of their lives had things gone a different way.
                                It's one of my favourite eps on S5
                                Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Wonderful signatures by wonderful people.(Not me thus =] )
                                My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

Working...
                                X