This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    Brian, you can fanwank with the best of us. I want you on my team.

But seriously?
    What makes a good in depth written episode? When the fans don't get a straight answer from the episode and have to dig a little and think.

I am going to stick with my guns and say Ronon was teasing Mckay.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teslan View Post
      "Coolest new tech of the season award" goes hands down to the biotech transporter device.
      SG1 had something like that. You went outta phase and could move around. Its just copying SG1 again.

Comment

So....who's gonna win Jennifer's heart?

Ronon or Rodney??

Loved the ending! I thought that was the best part of the whole episode. A little love triangle. As a shipper, I'm loving this. I think I want to see Ronon end up with Jennifer.

Thought the rest of the episode was pretty dull. Though, I did love seeing Jennifer get tough, and stronger. When she killed that Wraith that almost fed on the girl, I was like WTG Jennifer! And....I was quite impressed with her hand-to-hand combat.
        sigpic
        Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Landers View Post
          I gave up at the 30 minute mark as Keller was grating on my nerves. Heard she turned into kung fu mama at the end.

Glad I missed it.
          Well that stinks, you missed some great action scenes and some good dramatic moments at the end.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teslan View Post
            "Coolest new tech of the season award" goes hands down to the biotech transporter device.
            It was a good introduction to the new species that will show up in the next episode.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
              Grrrr, I got called away and missed the last 10 minutes. Anybody mind describing what happened? I can't stay up for the repeat showing.
              I'm in a similar boat, I missed the first half. Last ten minutes, in spoilers just in case:

Spoiler:
              Ronon and Rodney meet up with Kiryk and Keller as they make their way back to the gate. Ronon and Kiryk beat each other up, and Keller has to stop them, explaining that Kiryk wasn't intending to harm her but was only looking out for the child. They discuss what to do next as they all go together, and Keller hands Rodney the transport device. He fixes it somehow, and Kiryk decides to use to act as a distraction. He beats up a few Wraith on his way to the DHD, but after he enters an address all the Wraith are upon him and he runs through, followed by several scout ships. Ronon looks dismayed, because he really thought they could help him. They go back, help the little girl. At the very end Rodney confronts Ronon about whether or not he has romantic intentions towards Keller. Ronon toys with him for awhile, but in the end they agree to let the girl decide for herself.
              If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

I gave up at the 30 minute mark as Keller was grating on my nerves. Heard she turned into kung fu mama at the end.

Glad I missed it.
                What exactly did she do to make you skip half the episode? I honestly think this was a great episode.

Comment

Okay, this could get me heaps of grief from the Keller haters, but I am learnin' to like the character, more and more... hardly any whining, couragous in the faceof her kidnapper but with enough sense to know when to shut up, killing wraith, and Holy Hannah, the girl can fight. Who knew?

I liked this ep. Nice to see Ronan and Rodney together without the rest of the team for once. GREAT fights, all round. And lots of Rodney-in-action - Rodney running, Rodney jumping, Rodney shooting wraith, with one hand AND bouncing on one foot, not to mention sharing some of his childhood memories (Beaver Scout. she snickers).

Nice bit of character work in the last scene, too. A little Rodney/Ronan respect. It's about time.

Comment

I gave this episode a B. I loved the action, Kiryk, and the Ronon/Rodney pairing. I also do not think Ronon is serious about Keller. My favorite episodes are S&R, Daedalus Variations and the Queen. No Teyla, again! UGH!

Comment

I think I really loved this episode, even if it had almost no Sheppard. I found it really entertaining, fun and exciting. I thought Keller was great. No whining at all. They finally seem to have found a way to write for her. I've never been a Keller hater as a big fan of Jewel Staite, but I did tend to think she wasn't being given the best material. This was a great episode for her.

I loved Ronon and Rodney in the woods. Fantastic. We don't get enough interaction between these two. They really play well off one another.

I liked the storyline with the new runner. His teleportation device was facinating. Too bad Rodney didn't get to keep it and play with it.

Little bit of Sheppard to apease me towards the end. Then my favorite scene, the end bit with Ronon and Rodney. I know that there has been a whole lot of angst and worry about this "love triangle", but I really loved that scene. Ronon's smile was priceless. Rodney handled himself really well, honorable. I thought it was very well done.

Comment

Very nice episode. As I said before, it reminded me of "Runner" - with the kidnapping, tying up Keller's waking up finding him going through her stuff like what happened with Sheppard and Teyla by Ronon in "Runner" and such. I was figuring we'd have a tracking device removal surgery or close to it. I wonder if the Wraith changed the tracking devices in runners after Ronon got his removed.

McKay memorizing the name of the drug was funny, at first, I didn't realize what that was about but later on it made sense.

The McKay-Ronon-Keller love thing is funny. I wasn't expecting Ronon to go along and I thought "Oh no!" at first but it was good he came since the Wraith ended up coming.

I'm glad we finally got to see another Runner. The transporter device was interesting. Wonder who made it. I thought it looked Wraith especially with the wrapping around part but the Wraith don't have that sort of thing.

The usual kidnapping "I didn't think you'd agree" reason for kidnapping.

I did enjoy the use of the SG-1 forest in this episode. I have been missing it. Usually, Atlantis films in a different forest.

Why wasn't Sheppard involved in the episode much? I have noticed the past few episodes have mostly centered on one or two characters together and the rest of the team seems to not be around much. I wish that we got more team interactions in the last season. Maybe it will pickup in the second half of the season, I don't expect the next episode to have team interactions as it seems to be a McKay-Daniel episode but I could be wrong.

Where's Woolsey? I know he's only in 14 out of 20 episodes but they are having too many in a row that he's absent from. I guess no matter who they have in the position, the Atlantis commander doesn't have much of a role compared to the SGC commanders.

Glad to see some more Wraith ground fighting.

I was thinking that Keller was intending to kill the guy instead of just disabling the tracking device but she really did save him.

Much the same story as Ronon as I said before.

I hated that I wrote this out of order but that was the order that was going through my mind.

I'm sure that Ronon was just playing around with McKay at the end or he'd made a move on her before now.

Vala,

Comment

An interesting ep. Not my favorite but not bad. I miss seeing the team together.

Good stuff
                          * out helping the people of the galaxy - I really like the idea of them lending a hand. Great power=great responsibility and all that
                          * teleportation device - COOL! Loved the wriggly things when he put it back on. I'd like to meet the race he got that from
                          * improved tracking devices - guess the Wraith learned something after Ronon escaped their clutches. Fusing to the spine and brain stem - yikes!
                          * defibbing the device - I have no idea if it would really work, but it was an inventive idea
                          * Kerik (?) sacrificing himself - OK, I saw it coming a mile away but it was still noble
                          * Ronon saving the doll - big softie
                          * Ronon and Rodney adventure - the true odd couple - they make me laugh. The bone in Rodney's soup that Ronon gnawed on - hee!
                          * Keller - loved her here. Tough, protective, sure of what she was doing, the voice of reason

Not so good
                          * Team! Where'd the team go? No mention of Teyla? A cameo by Sheppard? Who's in charge of this expedition?
                          * It irritates me when Rodney is written as the comic relief. He's been in the field 5 years now and he's still struggling to reload a 9 mil? The constant conversation with Ronon about how eventually Ronon will need his skills (which never happens in the ep except with the teleportation device).
                          * While I found the ep moderately interesting, I wasn't drawn into the story. Lots of talking and running around in the woods.
                          * I do love Ronon and Rodney adventures, but this one could have been better. Running around in the woods does not favor them. Escaping a hive ship did. Being trapped in an Ancient outpost with the Wraith/Genii/new enemy of the week hunting them would. But watching Ronon track while McKay asks questions is not the best use of their rather unique relationship.

Jury's still out
                          * I will admit it - I'm a closet McKay/Keller fan. The little scene in the infirmary when Jennifer is impressed with Ronon - the look on Rodney's face was heartbreaking. I do admire that he had the guts to talk to Ronon about it although it's obvious (to me) he doesn't think he has a chance. Romance is a part of everyday life, and I'm not opposed to seeing it (minimally) on SGA, but I wish they'd not left it hanging. It's not something I want to see every week. And I was wondering if Ronon was serious at the end or if he was just teasing McKay....

Overall, not a bad ep. Better than Whispers but not as gripping as most of the other eps have been this season.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana
                          My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Watching and half way though I thought, this is pretty good. Usually don't like Keller but she improved for me this episode. No whining and I loved her fighting. Way to go girl.

Loved the sexy runner and hope he returns. Great eye candy. I have an idea, maybe Keller will hook up with him. *gigglesnort*

-Farscapegatter

Comment

Originally posted by OakRidge View Post
                              It was a good introduction to the new species that will show up in the next episode.
                              Gah! Don't tell me that, I was staying mostly spoiler-free.

SG1 had something like that. You went outta phase and could move around. Its just copying SG1 again.
                              For the millionth time, scifi often reuses similar concepts. Part of what made this tech so nifty was that it looked to be organic.

Comment

Originally posted by farscapegatter View Post
                                Watching and half way though I thought, this is pretty good. Usually don't like Keller but she improved for me this episode. No whining and I loved her fighting. Way to go girl.

Loved the sexy runner. Great eye candy. Hope he returns. I have an idea. Maybe Keller will hook up with him. *gigglesnort*

-Farscapegatter
                                You laugh, but that was what I was thinking halfway through. How ironic it would be for Ronon and Rodney to squabble over who gets to save her only to have her fall for her kidnapper.

Comment

Working...
                                X