No announcement yet.

Rodney Should Have died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can just picture the writers' room if there was no more Rodney to write. They'd all be curled in fetal positions under the table.

Actually, I'd love to see it. It would force TPTB to pay a little attention to all the other characters for once.

Comment

No, he shouldn´t have died. That´s all

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
        I can just picture the writers' room if there was no more Rodney to write. They'd all be curled in fetal positions under the table.

Actually, I'd love to see it. It would force TPTB to pay a little attention to all the other characters for once.
        I don't think that would work either....They'd all be standing around scratching their heads thinking "um what do we do now."
        sigpic

Comment

i would have seriously cried if they had killed him, and im a guy lol, (alzhimers has always been a big sore button for me)

the acting of all the chars and just the thought of losing your mind like that and be given just a day to remember what your losing

Comment

If the decision had been left to his "doctor", he would have died.

At the very least: he should have the need for massive therapy sessions to regain some motor skills. SOME not all...because, as has been pointed out, damaged or dead brain cells do not regrow - but there are cases where other portions of the brain compensate for the losses. It would really depend on how pervasive the organism was - and what the doctor did to try to get rid of it.

Bottom line: he wouldn't have been the same. And yes, logically, he should have died.
            It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotlesigpic

Comment

Turn McKay into a replicator... Then he'll cyber with Fran-Weir-whatever...

Then Keller gets angry and sleeps with Ronan, John, and Teyla.

... At the same time.

Comment

Well, to see some therapy, it would have to be more than a stand-alone episode or make from it one of story-arcs. And we know how SG works.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post

... At the same time.

I support this idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody0x00 View Post
                    I support this idea.
                    What happens in Atlantis, stays in Atlantis...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                      well what do you expect from an average IQ person. Too bad sga is stargate rodney instead of a TEAM show.

btw...your brain cells do not come back after being damaged...so Rodney should have remained a mentally handicapped man and sent to a home in all retrospects.
                      Well, you're right... and wrong. Your brain (as an organ) does not have the ability to regenerate. What it *does* have, however, is the ability to rewire itself and create new neural pathways around the damaged areas. That's why doctors can never predict with any degree of accuracy exactly how long, or to what an extent any person's brain injury will affect them *individually*.

I should know, I've suffered brain injury and I'm back. Pretty much whole and functioning.

Comment

actualy it never said the cells were dead or damaged, just rendered dormant

Comment

His Braincells were dormant. Not damaged. But this isn't the biggest logical issue in the show. If you really want to harp on logic all of a sudden how about the fact that everyone in another galaxy speaks perfect English.
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post

... At the same time.
                            Originally posted by Nobody0x00 View Post
                            I support this idea.
                            Thirded!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                              Thirded!
                              Fourth-ed. Any pron involving McKay and Weir gets my vote
                              sigpic
                              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

It would have been kinda cool to see him die and have his sister take his place until the last episode when he would return in the last minute setting up a story for the movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X