Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
    404 Doppelganger
    Okay, since I have no idea about A Hitchhiker's Guide how does the 2 lines that you quoted from Doppelganger relate to Hitchhikers?

Comment

42 is the answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything, which is a philosophy from the Hitchhiker's Guide book/radio/TV show/whatever series.

Ok, just go to wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hit..._to_the_Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        42 is the answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything, which is a philosophy from the Hitchhiker's Guide book/radio/TV show/whatever series.

Ok, just go to wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hit..._to_the_Galaxy
        Ok, I see. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by still_flying View Post
          Am I missing something here? I thought that when he called John "Arthur", he was just being funny by pretending he'd already forgotten John's name. But the way they laughed at it, and the way everyone here (and on Live Journal) is snickering at it, makes me think that there's an in-joke here that I'm not getting.

Was "You're a good friend, Arthur" a reference to another episode? some sci-fi book or movie? what?

Please let me in on the joke!
          I think it was an ad-lib. Rodney saying "Arthur" and John spitting the beer. It looked too natural...like they were fooling around at the end of a scene, it worked, so they kept it.

No one mentionioned-
          John: Betty
          Rodney: no I'm pretty sure that's not it.

That's funny!!

Comment

The writers have confirmed that that was not an ad-lib.

It just shows how great JF and DH are.

Comment

Originally posted by luvmac View Post
              Has it come up in a previous episode before that they were both fans of a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
              Yes, a little.
              McKays password. I don't remember the episode, but John remembers his pass word, the last two digits are 42 and John knows it is the answer to the universe or something like that.

Comment

The writers have confirmed that that was not an ad-lib.

It just shows how great JF and DH are.
                Then it was better than I thought!

Comment

Not an Ad-lib?

Then that line shoots to second in my list of good shrine lines

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

my fav still has to be the messiah complex, when Rodney just agrees, and when Shep says you could have just stepped on it and ronon says she told me to shoot it, i think they broke up the seriousness of the situation really well

Comment

yeah when there was a lock down and shep climbed down the tower, that episode. shep tried to get into mckays computer and he knew the pass word it was the birthdate of i think newton then einstein then rodneys and the 42. teyla asked "42?" and shep goes the answer to the meaning of life or universe cant remember.

definitely the funniest line. including
                      my sisters has a kid, i cant remember her name
                      its betty
                      i'm pretty sure its not
                      its madison, see atleast u still kno what u dont know.

Comment

How about...

Rodney's opening scene, just at the end.

"John..John"

I wanted to cry!!

or when they go to ask Rodney if they can take him to the shrine.
                        John: Hey pal (big smile)

Rodney: Hey... John! (big smile)
                        So simple........so good.
                        Last edited by Stargantic; 27 August 2008, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I just love this episode in general, but one of my favorite lines was when Rodney was talking to Keller and he says something like:
                          "my parting advice is to stop letting these guys talk you into doing stupid stuff."

Comment

It's not lines as much as a scene, but I just love when Woolsey talks to Amelia about getting breakfast even though it's completely unnecessary... It just cracks me up everytime I watch it!
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by Pic-Collswan

Comment

I thought anything with Kate was great. And of course the pier scene and the final "i love you scene."
                              Spoiler:
                              Thank you, Sir.
                              For what?
                              For being here for me.
                              Always.

Indeed.
                              You say that a lot.
                              What?
                              "Indeed".
                              Do I?
                              Yeah.
                              I had not noticed.

I love you. I have loved you for a long time....

I didn't leave because I'd rather die myself than lose Carter.... because I care about her. A lot more than I'm supposed to.

Comment

42 is the answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything,
                                And it is also incidently the last two digits of Rodney's verification code. Isaac Newtons birthday, Eistein's birthday, Rodney's birthday and then 42.

I love when Rodney says "Hey John", when they all come in to tell him about the shrine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                                MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Working...
                                X