This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
    what's the big deal? Weir wasn't even in this ep...
    The eps Weir was in she didn't get a special credit, like Carson did in this ep and AT did in S&R
    What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      The eps Weir was in she didn't get a special credit, like Carson did in this ep and AT did in S&R
      but that was in s4
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

but that was in s4
        and that makes a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
          and that makes a difference?
          yes it does. Torri
          Spoiler:
          won't appear in s5,
          Paul
          Spoiler:
          will be in four more eps
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            We're fans. Selfish is part of the defination
            True.

Jumper_One, it's the idea behind it... not whether she'll appear now or never.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              True.

Jumper_One, it's the idea behind it... not whether she'll appear now or never.
              ok but you're complaining that PMG got a Special Appearance and Torri didn't even though she wasn't in this ep...
              sigpic

Comment

ok but you're complaining that PMG got a Special Appearance and Torri didn't even though she wasn't in this ep...
                I'm not complaining (1). It's not about the episode, so technically OT for the topic at hand being The Seed (2). It's just the idea behind it all (3).
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm not complaining (1). It's not about the episode, so technically OT for the topic at hand being The Seed (2). It's just the idea behind it all (3).
                  ok
                  sigpic

Comment

Call me selfish and what not... but I feel it shows some sort of respect to someone who has been on the show for a number of years, contributing to your success and being a part of something.
                    » Yup. Not going into it to avoid a snip, but I hate what they did with PM and especially TH.

» And that's my issue.

Comment

Is it that thing with BAMSR again?

It's fairly simple. Saying that Torri will appear at the beginning of the episode spoils the twist at the end that almost no one here saw coming (which is good). Now, if she didn't get that credit in Adrift and Lifeline...that'd be strange. Even This Mortal Coil involves the twist of her appearing halfway though, so I can imagine them not giving her a credit at the beginning.

It's just how the industry works. The show is always taken as a sum of its parts in order to entertain, instead of singling out specific things.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

It's fairly simple. Saying that Torri will appear at the beginning of the episode spoils the twist at the end that almost no one here saw coming (which is good). Now, if she didn't get that credit in Adrift and Lifeline...that'd be strange. Even This Mortal Coil involves the twist of her appearing halfway though, so I can imagine them not giving her a credit at the beginning.

It's just how the industry works. The show is always taken as a sum of its parts in order to entertain, instead of singling out specific things.
                        No, its thats AT gets 'special appearance by' and PM gets 'as Carson Beckett' whereas TH was just Torri Higginson in the guest starring section along with the other guest stars

Comment

She's not important enough to get anything more.

Comment

She was certainly important in Adrift and Lifeline, where she didn't get that.

Ok, that's...that's unfortunate.

Comment

Aren't such things neogated between the actor and TPTB.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Wasn't it explained that because it was a big part of the plot, they didn't want to give anything away. And that with some things, where they don't want to 'spoil' the viewer they place the 'important' person at the end credits.

With Carter there was no surprise we knew the eps she was going to be in, with Torri and Rainbow we didn't, as it was a big plot point. That's how I understood it worked.

Comment

Working...
                                X