No announcement yet.

Todd is the greatest Wraith ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think todd is the Balh of the Peagusus Galixey. Exeped alot cooler beacuse he atcually takes a active roll in helping Atlantis while Balh would help then try to kill them all.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shaod View Post
      One of the reasons he's so great is that he has personality, unlike most "generic" wraith.
      I have to agree with this 100%. One of the things I have been really wanting to see is some real exploration of the Wraith culture. Up until this episode there has not been much to go on. Hints here and there perhaps.

Todd definitely has more personality than any other Wraith portrayed so far with, perhaps, the exception of the Wraith in "The Defiant One."

I hope that they do not take it into the realm of "honor" and "courage" and such as percieved by the Wraith. Both Ronon and Tayla's characters remind me too much of Klingons as did SG1's Jaffa after a while. (Didn't start off that way but boy they sure seemed like carbon copies later on. Ala...let's beat each other up as foreplay!)

I hope they keep the Wraith unnervingly alien.

Comment

Aaaahhh...Todd. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Todd is magnificent. He's so full of personality and spirit. As far as him being too 'human', I disagree. He just has personality, whereas many Wraith have not been allowed to have personality. However, this may be done on purpose.

Remember how Todd said that "MOST Wraith seek to be ruled. They fear being without a queen"? I am under the impression that Todd is NOT one of those Wraith who 'seek to be ruled.' Instead, I believe he wants to be the one doing the ruling. That would make his personality different from the others, the others who are more rigid, less likely to express themselves freely. The closest Wraith to Todd is the drooly fella from Condemned. He had the same air about him as Todd does - he's not following the rules, he's making them. I suspect that the Condemned Commander also was without a queen, and used to making his own rules...the same as Todd.

Of course, now Todd went and shot himself in the foot by creating his own queen (The Bride of Frankentodd). I hate the fact that the show's been cancelled just when it's getting SO good. ARRGH!

As far as Todd being Ba'al - I hope not. If anything, Todd is more of a threat to the Wraith than to the Lanteans. What I'd like to see is Todd become the supreme Wraith and take over the galaxy, not as an evil dictator, but as a wise - albeit tricksy - ruler. If anyone could find a way to restore peace to the galaxy while keeping things extremely exciting and unpredictable, it would be Todd.

das
        sigpic

Comment

He's easily the best Wraith. I'd def put him in the top 5 Stargate Villains of All-Time.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

In Tod we Trust!
            sigpic

Comment

TPTB have really taken the time to develop Todd as a character and it shows. I look forward to any episode he is in. He gives us insight into Wraith culture that we didn't have before, making the 'enemy' much more complex and real.
              ~~~~~ Meant to Be ~~~~~

Comment

Todd's truly top-tier.
                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaod View Post
                  One of the reasons he's so great is that he has personality, unlike most "generic" wraith.
                  Agree.
                  Wraith are a cool concept for an enemy but they were mostly completely interchangeable. Kill 1 Hive and there is another one that takes it place. Kill 10 drones and there will be more.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffKnight View Post
                    I do like Todd. He is a semi-ally almost like Lord Yu and Baal. Which brings me to the point that I think he was written in to replace Michael in this position. Michael was probably intended to be the "ally" type, just like Baal was until he went bad, then Michael would have done the same, developing his hybrids under the noses of Atlantis -- but that's just too similar to what happened in SG-1 with Baal so they changed Michael to be "bad" and introduced Todd.

My $1.23 anyway.
                    Ba'al was never the ally type, if anything we went from bad to ally-ish. He certainly did change, in Summit (he first appearence) they said he wiped out 2 star systems rather than lose them to Sokar but in Continuum;
                    Spoiler:
                    He was unwilling to wipe out Earth
                    He was also the one who tortured Jack over and over, it was only in the Quest he helped us.

I agree with what people are saying about Todd being what Michael was meant to be.
                    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Huge Todd fan here. He's crafty, and while he's as honorable as a Wraith can be, there is never any doubt that he's looking out for himself first and foremost. He's given us the most information about the midset of the Wraith in general. I agree that if anyone is going to take control of the Wraith in the Pegasus Galaxy(and put them back in hibernation, if it comes to that) and rule over them all, it'll be Todd. He understands how things have changed and what needs to be done to ensure the continued survival of his kind.

Though I did like how Teyla
                      Spoiler:
                      really got into her role in The Queen and surprised Todd. It's great to see that he can still be surprised.
                      It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                      --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                        I agree, Todd is awesome! Loved his line about how he hoped the fruit would be as tasty as the farmers who grew it
                        Indeed. This was an amazing episode for Todd. He exemplified his wraithlike instincts. Think about it. He took Shepard's plan. He betrayed Teyla twice. Didn't get killed by Shepard and still came out as Primary of an entire alliance.

It was absolutely brilliant.

The only problem now is Teyla. If Todd doesn't come through Teyla could have him killed by the entire alliance. On the other hand how is Teyla going to know? I mean Todd could say he is implementing the plan but not really doing so. He could show a few transformed Wraith and then feed on them afterward.

Opener I agree I was surprised with the darts idea. I mean I didn't know she could would do that and Todd was surpised
                        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Probably because if those Wraith suspected they'd be betrayed, they'd probably ask for Atlantis's help.

And betraying Atlantis may not be in Todd's best interest if

Spoiler:
                          The new race is introduced.
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

The TO double D is truly what sga needed

and i hope we see him in the sga movie
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              The TO double D is truly what sga needed

and i hope we see him in the sga movie
                              JM has already hinted in his blog to todd being in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by SpetzAU
                                Yes. Todd is the most interesting Wraith.

Also, he's easily one of the best bad-guy/guy-with-a-different-agenda characters in SGA AND SG1.
                                Yeah, he's got a dastardly plan to seize power for himself, truly inspired!

Comment

Working...
                                X