• Time
  • Show
Clear All

todd/teyla ship anyone?
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
      They could of explained how she changed into a wraith..

Retrovirus or plastic surgery?
      This is the only issue I have with the episode. They didn't explain how Teyla's transformation was possible, and it felt like a bit of a cop-out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
        I really enjoyed this ep. All I knew about it was what was shown at the end of last week's show.

Good stuff
        * Todd!! You can never go wrong with him. He has made the Wraith SO much more interesting. And he makes me laugh.
        Todd is the best thing to happen to SGA - he just adds so much excitement to the show. He comes in, shakes everything up, and then goes off on his merry way. Only problem this time is that I think he underestimated Teyla...heh.

* Wraith culture - how their hive alliances work, the importance of a queen, not all Wraith have hair
        Yeah. That sucks. I love their hair, although...I don't mind the bald ones, either. I really liked this fella, and felt bad that he was so deceived because he really wasn't BAD at all.

* reverse retrovirus - NICE!
        I just really hope they will still be able to feed if they so desire...best of both worlds, as it were. Just to keep the edge.

* Teyla - absolutely awesome. RL was terrific in this. She managed to look confident and scared at the same time under all that make up. Loved Teyla's way of killing Wraith (and Todd's shock at her doing it when he figured it out) and her threat to keep Todd in line
        She - Rachel - did an excellent job, as did Chris. Both were at the top of their games. I think Todd realizes now that Teyla is more like Wraith than he ever realized. Even he had trouble controlling her. Though, once or twice I suspected he wanted to kiss her...

* surprise drone attack by the jumper

* the idea of adapting beaming tech to the jumper. I really hope they manage that this season.

* Todd playing them to get control of the alliance. Tricksy he is.
        Yeah, but I think Teyla is being tricksier. lol...she really has Todd by the ...erm...stunner...now.

Questions/Quibbles

* What the hell happened to the opening credits? I thought we already tried this in S2. Bring back the opening sequence!
        The episode may have been long - or, they had more advertisers for this one. Either way, I didn't mind it at all.

* "Aren't you a little short for a" Wraith queen? I missed Andee. Thought she would be The Primary.
        I think that's why Andee wasn't used - she's WAY too tall to play opposite Teyla - they would have looked odd standing face-to-face in the short scene they had together.

* Not much for the boys to do.
        I would have liked to see them introduced to some Wraith pasttimes. Games, or something. AND it would have been nice for them to need a bathroom, just to see if Wraith have and 'little commander's rooms' on their ships.

* Were those candles scented? I bet vanilla really changes the atmosphere of a hive....
        Honey-scented, as I understand it.

* How is Teyla planning on keeping an eye on Todd? Is there a way to track his hive?
        If he refuses to accept the treatment, or starts to cause any sort of problems, she will turn back into the Queen, pay his hive a visit, and have him killed. Todd is the only thing standing between Teyla, and the Wraith. If she got rid of him, she could lead the Wraith right over the cliff and straight down to their destruction.

I really did enjoy this. Loved learning more about the Wraith. Alan McCollough rocks.
        Agreed. Excellent episode. More then excellent - it was exciting!

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
        Here is one beef I had with this episode. When Teylas ship attacked the other hive, they got off quite a few good shots before the other ship even started attacking. But somehow this ship, which should be the pride of the Wraith fleet since it has their highest ranking queen, quickly had the tide turned against them?

Also, in regards to the darts, when Teyla launched her darts, half of them got taken out. But the other ship managed to launch them with no problems.

Ultimately, it created the reason for getting the rest of the team there, though realistically, any ship with such a decisive advantage shouldn't have lost to the other.
        The way I saw it was that Teyla was being reckless - she wasn't using strategy (like Todd wanted to), but instead jumped in and attacked, without any knowledge of how Wraith wage war. She was purposely sacrificing the Wraith on 'her' hive in an attempt to kill as many Wraith on both hives as possible.

Like I said, Todd underestimated Teyla - she's just as tricksy as he is.

das
        Last edited by dasNdanger; 12 September 2008, 08:30 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
          todd/teyla ship anyone?

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents

I refer my follow posters to the Todd theory. An episode with Todd will always be an awesome episode. The Queen is no exception. I was a little worried that this woild be like Satedia. All this hype about an episode and then when it finally airs, it would leave me a litter underwhelmed. I am so glad I was wrong. It had that good of a plotI also felt it helped to flesh out Teyla.

I laughed at the opening scene between in the Puddle Jumper. It was funny seeing Keller getting scared about the huge Hive ship and seeing Rodney say this is where we do. Was it just me or was anyone reminded of BAMSR when the Puddle Jumper entered the Hive ship?

Keller's new therapy about the Wraith losing the ability is an interesting idea; however I hope they don't go through with it. It would sound too much like tretoin of SG1. One thing that makes the Wraith a great nemesis is because they are not pure evil like the Goa'uld or Replicators. They would lose the sympathy of we feed to survive.

I enjoyed the insight into Wraith culture at the beginning of the episode. It was long waited information that frankly has been missing for a long time. Since the Wraith Civil War broke out is Season Two, I have been wondering how the alliances are organized.
            I really didn't care for the Sheppard/Teyla. We all knew why she was going to do it. Did we really need to show Sheppard disagree? Was that really important to the plot? I think the expedition has let Todd into Atlantis one too many. He looked a little too happy when he walks into the infirmary and says, "Where is my patient." That said, Teyla looked really cool in Wraith makeup not to mention scary. I could barely recognize her voice.

I have said this before and I'll say it again, the actor who plays Todd is phenomenal. They way he yells at Teyla for not being confident is fantastic. And yet the character is still able to maintain his humor. I especially liked it when Todd said, "I hope this food is as good as the farmers who prepared it." Teyla also didn't disappoint. I thought see made a convincing queen when she confronted the Primary. I have to say I saw the Primary's Hive jumping into hyperspace coming to mile away. But I can overlook that when I see something that was totally unexpected. I never expected to see Todd murder the Primary.

I am kind of reminded of the Klingons of Star Trek when Todd explained how Queens gain their power. Maybe it has something to do with a society that is run by a person or small group. If you boil it down they are very similar and I guess it makes sense that a society like will always have someone trying to grab power. I was also impressed when Teyla threaten to remove Todd's tongue. We knew she was bluffing but still it is not a side of Teyla I am use to seeing. I also greatly enjoyed watching Teyla give the order to fire on Hive without contacting. It was spectacular watching her stand her ground when the other Wraith questioned her. She seemed really cold which really sold her portrayal of the Queen

The battle between the two Hives looked epic. It is my favorite space battle this season. Will that stay? Stay tunned Anyway it was interesting watching Teyla give out the orders to release the darts and coldly repeat them when the Wraith gave her weird looks. It was awesome seeing Todd's face when he guessed that Teyla was sending the Darts on a suicide mission.

Sheppard is one crazy person. I really want he was thinking. It’s crazy enough that he wanted to fly a Jumper to the battle field but decoking and shooting darts at the Hive was one of the idiotic things I have seen from a strategy point. But sometimes I guess you have to sacrifice realism for entertainment. As it was defiantly entertaining watch the Jumper destroy that Hive. I wish when Sheppard, McKay, and Ronon were on the Hive they could have been captured in a cooler way.

Bald Wraith didn't look happy. It always looks like Teyla is the one who wins the fights. It was a nice change to see her getting beat up like crazy. Mean Todd had to stun Bald Wraith and kill him. Which begs the question, what will be the excuse to the other Wraith about his death. How interesing that Todd is now in charge of the alliance. I found myself asking the same question that Sheppard had at the end of the episode. I wonder if Todd had planned all along and will he keep his end of the deal? Todd is such a complex and 3D character I really have no idea which way he go
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Awww...come on. Teyla almost kissed him when he saved her neck...and I even caught Todd drooling a bit over his new 'queen'. Yeah - shippers will certain run away with this one!

das
              sigpic

Comment

Another strong episode.

Todd has got to be one of the best recurring characters of the entire Stargate franchise. The way he delivers even the shortest lines is hilarious. Actually all the wraith in this ep were awesome.

I loved the twist 1/2 way through. I didn't see it coming until they cut to Todd.

The space battle was great too. SGA is by far the best show for space battles and this ep was no different.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Great episode! Question: I assumed the red haired queen from 'The Last Man' that Michael beheaded in the episode was the lead queen.

Am I wrong?

Maybe the wraith use hair dye!

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                    This is the only issue I have with the episode. They didn't explain how Teyla's transformation was possible, and it felt like a bit of a cop-out.
                    Asgard core.

Seriously though, if makeup artists can make a person look like that for a TV show, then the technologies that the SG teams have acquired over the years should do ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Kribby View Post
                      Great episode! Question: I assumed the red haired queen from 'The Last Man' that Michael beheaded in the episode was the lead queen.

Am I wrong?

Maybe the wraith use hair dye!
                      different factions
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Whenever I see Todd and Ronon get into a stand off I feel like it's all leading to an inevitable death match.

Comment

Here I am waiting until I get to see The Queen waiting and waiting

LS

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                            I think people are making too big a deal of the shortened opener. Maybe the episode itself was a minute longer than usual and they couldn't find anything else to shave off. It's the only time they've done it this season, so I really wouldn't worry about it. JMHO.
                            More likely it was to add some commercial time
                            Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                            todd/teyla ship anyone?
                            Don't give the Wraith thunkers ideas
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EPISODE!!!! One of the best!!
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                              Forever!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Shan Bruce Lee;8922870]different factions[/QUOTE

Ah, I missed something. I thought there was one head queen and that was the whole point. You know, Todd just killed the head queen and now he can rule by proxy.

Comment

Working...
                                X