Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todd had to double back there at the end. That had to have scared the crap out of him.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

One of the best of this season, MUCH better than last week.
      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Such a great ep! I was really looking forward to a Teyla-based ep (we really haven't had any others this season), and I certainly wasn't disappointed! Rachel Luttrel was amazing, great acting on her part! I also loved seeing Todd again!

* * * * * 5/5 stars from me and many props to Rachel! ~Jess
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Quite an excellent episode! Much better than last week's.

What was with that 10 second beginning stuff? A messup or is scifi trying to go back to that failed idea?

What was the reason given that the team was approaching the hive to begin with? Edited for time or what?

I'm glad we got another Wraith episode, I haven't been happy ever since the Wraith were bumped down to enemy #2.

Nice to see Todd again, another Wraith-human-food joke. Funny!

I loved the whole part about Teyla becoming a Wraith. I guess that answers my question, I have been wondering for years if there could be a reverse retrovirus.

I am interested in seeing if the Wraith still retain all their extended abilities if they switch to food instead of humans.

Teyla performed great as a Queen. Todd killing the Primary Queen was a surprise to me.
          Who knew Wraith society works that way.

I kept thinking that there would be a scene where they wanted her to eat a human but it didn't happen. Was anyone else expecting something like that? Attacking the other hive was a good move to assert power.

I'm glad we may finally have a Tok'Wraith relation ship with the Wraith. I kept wondering when that would happen/be unveiled. The whole being dropped off and gating to the planet bit is getting old and too convenient these days. Sheppard firing on the other hive was a very daring move. Could a few drones really destroy a damaged hive ship?

We had a lot of Todd-Teyla interactions in this episode. Yet again, we are presented with the out loud whispers in a public place that nobody else seems to here on the bridge bit.

That bald Wraith spying on Teyla and then there fight was tense for me. I was wondering how she's win and then Todd came in and finished him off.

I wonder if in the future (movies rest of the season future episodes) will Teyla being a Wraith come up again.

Now why is it that the Wraith to human retrovirus requires shots every day but not the human to Wraith retrovirus? Surely they wouldn't risk her turning back into human since they didn't know how long she'd be on there or is it an improvement in the retrovirus based on Michael's research considering he found a way to permanently alter himself? I know that was implied but I didn't think of it at the time.

Nice end scene where the Wraith were Teyla was addressing the Wraith of the hive.

The episode had a lot of nice CG shots of the hives, I have been missing seeing that.

I wonder what will happen with the hive group that has changed from feeding on humans. Personally, I don't think the Wraith would control planets like the Goa'uld but they do have human servants so I guess anything is possible.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by nightmare_warrior View Post
            did keller said she never seen a hive ship before?
            I was wondering about that too. I know that she saw the hive ship in Search and Rescue.

Comment

The ending was garbage. This could of easialy been a 2 parter

You can tell they were crunched for time because they had no intro :\

Still 8/10, VERY good and nice plot twists that fit the story well

Go Green

Comment

Greta episode! todd was brilliant in how he took over the alliance! and when he walked in while they were about to change teyla, "how's my patient doing" he seemed rather....jovial there. i really hope they never kill off todd. he's awesome.
                Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                sigpic

Comment

Overall, a good episode!

Loved how Teyla took advantage of her queendom (er, whatever) and blew up the other ship and Todd realized, she's killing Wraith, but then he's using them. My hope is that down the line (in the movie?) Todd becomes a nemesis who must be killed (I mean the drama could be fantastic).

Kudos to Teyla for kicking ass!

Alas, not much on the guys except sitting around, but it's time Teyla had a good role.

Comment

This definitely matches up to Broken Ties. There was definitely space in there for a cool arc, and hopefully that's already under consideration. The one quirk I had was that Teyla's transformation back human was glossed over. I'm also glad to know that we'll definitely be seeing, and hearing about, Todd much more.

Comment

They could of explained how she changed into a wraith..

Retrovirus or plastic surgery?

Go Green

Comment

This season keeps getting better and better, and it is making it harder and harder knowing this will be the last season of Atlantis. I will fight till the end to keep this show going.

This episode had your classic Stargate Atlantis feel with developed SGA characters. I think the episode had everything. It had action, suspense, drama, adventure, and comic relief.

Best line by Todd "I hope they prove delicious as the farmers who grew them" Laughed my @ss off!

It was an episode where you are on the edge of your seat and are waiting to see what is going to happen next. This episode had a nice twist, and I had no idea Teyla was going to become the Queen of the alliance. So you can throw that old predictability cry out the window.....unless you read spoilers.

The space battle looked really good, and had some nice special effects to it. I also loved how Sheppard takes the Jumper to make key attacks to destroy the other hive ship.

This episode works so well and is placed in good timing because it has taken the past 4 years of the Wraith conflincts with Atlantis and have finally made a possible solution due to all the work from Carson Beckett, Michael, and Keller.

BTW, did anyone notice the short intro? Gotta love those networks and their advertisers trying to get every little penny. Hey be grateful they don't start using Degree on the sets of Atlantis.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                          They could of explained how she changed into a wraith..

Retrovirus or plastic surgery?
                          A very funny lookin' wraith ...what with that huge cleft in her big chin. She had a little butt on her face!

So ...nobody noticed the dart that was flying backwards?
                          Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 12 September 2008, 07:40 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                            perfect blend of character story, action, and todd
                            Agreed. 10/10. Best episode of the season and one of the best in Atlantis. RL was fantastic.
                            WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY 2013

Comment

Originally posted by luvmac View Post
                              I was wondering about that too. I know that she saw the hive ship in Search and Rescue.
                              That was a cruiser.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                                And did anyone catch the very end with Teyla, you know... when she was playing with her "hand". Maybe the instinct that there should be something there is bothering her?
                                I saw that too. Maybe it's a lingering part of the procedure that turned her into a Queen that hasn't gone away yet?

I really enjoyed seeing Teyla as a Queen, though I was kinda hoping she would take down that Wraith near the end instead of Todd. Still, it was good to see her put him in his place in the end. I hope we get some follow up to this and hopefully another Todd/Teyla confrontation.

Originally posted by Biokinetica View Post
                                I especially enjoy seeing Heyerdahl as Todd again.
                                Me too, Heyerdahl as Todd is always wonderful and especially so in this episode. I liked his fruit and farmers comment in the beginning.

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                                Teyla performed great as a Queen. Todd killing the Primary Queen was a surprise to me.
                                Who knew Wraith society works that way.
                                I really enjoyed learning about that part of Wraith society too. I think SG-1 did a good job of delving into the complexity of the Goa'uld, and Atlantis is doing the same with the Wraith, epecially with the Todd character.

Originally posted by luvmac View Post
                                I think the ship Keller saw in Search and Rescue was Michael's cruiser, not a Hive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X