This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
    It would have been too easy though if the cure to feeding was just distributed at the end of the episode. Not to mention the writers made a good point via Todd that implementing such a radical change to Wraith physiology/anatomy right after Queen Teyla assumes power would be very suspicious indeed.

But the Tau'ri didn't get nothing by episode's end:
    Spoiler:
    Another hive was added to the kill list.
    Agreed. I completely agreed with everything in that scene.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Yes you can. SCI FI could of said, nah we rather keep SGA since it has a guranteed fan base. But the idea of less production cost and a younger edgier theme likely sparked a lot of interest.
      Wait I thought that Universe is expected to be more expensive. Also I'm not against that unless it turns out like the younger team in 200.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        Wait I thought that Universe is expected to be more expensive. Also I'm not against that unless it turns out like the younger team in 200.
        6. Assuming the crew and production staff stay on board, it seems all the built-in costs for Universe will be the same as they would have been for another year of Atlantis, except perhaps for actor pay. Can you say what costs might be lower on a new show versus a 5-year-old one?

JM: Across the board, salaries would be lower and the licensing fee commanded by a new series in contrast to a show entering its sixth scene would be higher.
        http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1604
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

So they would have more money to spend on things like cool CG. Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by StarOcean View Post
            Aw, no comments on my post? No one else thinks that Teyla's new leadership position is ironic, and it's funny (in a writing and actors standpoint) that she's leaving Wraith!Halling to rule in her place *again*?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Mediocre, but still much better than last weeks garbage.

Todd is getting too human though.

Comment

There's a behind the scenes thing at MGM on THE QUEEN at

http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=104

as well as article on the gene therapy aspect of the episode at

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sc...-gene-therapy/

Comment

she saw a wraith crewsier not a hive ship pay attention!!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                    Mediocre, but still much better than last weeks garbage.
                    Last weeks was lower in quality but not that low.

How So? I don't see Todd getting too human like.

Comment

Nah, he's not human at all. Becoming more human would mean that his cleverness and ability for deception would decrease therefore making it impossible for him to have planned such a devious outcome in the Teyla/Wraith debacle.

Nope. He's still Wraith. His IQ says so.
                      sigpic

Comment

I like the fact we now know how Todd has been able to hold on to his leadership with out a queen. This also gave up the insight on the working of the wraith. Now we will all have to wait and see what Todd will do with his leadership.

I think this was a good episode all and all. I my self can usually guess where things are going but this show kept me off balance more then once.
                        Kanadra

Comment

"Well she wants to be the Queen
                          Then she thinks about her scene
                          Pulls her hair back as she screams
                          'I don't really wanna be the Queen'"

-- Train, Meet Virginia
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C4sUTg_kZw

Comment

I have to say, I did like this episode a lot. Much more so than the preceding Whispers (but then again, I don't like horror anyway).

I thought Rachel pulled off a fantastic performance with playing the queen, and I absolutely loved every second of watching her act like a tough, remorseless wraith queen.

As well, seeing the wraith politics (none of which surprised me, but was enjoyable nonetheless) and Teyla making her own decisions in matters rather than just listening to Todd was fun. And Todd himself is a character I quite enjoy, with his own agenda, yet able to work with the humans to (seemingly) achieve both their goals. Sure, he may have (also) been aiming to become leader of his Alliance, but as long as he doesn't renege on his deal with Atlantis, I have no problem with that.

Comment

Last weeks was lower in quality but not that low.
                              Whispers was one of the worst episodes ever. Boring and predictable

How So? I don't see Todd getting too human like.
                              Comes from little gestures. Like how he talks to ''our'' guys etc.

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                              Nah, he's not human at all. Becoming more human would mean that his cleverness and ability for deception would decrease therefore making it impossible for him to have planned such a devious outcome in the Teyla/Wraith debacle.
                              No, his intelligence has nothing to do with it. Am I more human than, lets say, Alber Einstein because he's smarter than me? I'm not saying he's turning into a human being, TPTB are just clearly humanizing him.

Comment

No, his intelligence has nothing to do with it. Am I more human than, lets say, Alber Einstein because he's smarter than me? I'm not saying he's turning into a human being, TPTB are just clearly humanizing him.
                                It was a joke meant to play on the fact that every time we see him, he gets the better of out human heroes and that to humanize him would be to make him as gullible as the humans.

Which he's not.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X