Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering all his facilities had been blown to bits it's a wonder he could bring as many troops as he could...

Comment

...and his control over the few troops he had didn't seem that absolute.
      I guess he really needed that baby.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Sucks he just didn't go the Anubis way and create people that will worship him.

Comment

Wow what an amazing ep. Everything about this ep was perfectly executed. Michael finally attempts to get his revenge. Teyla kicks ass, Ronon and mission reports, and Woolsey truly showing his skills. Sad that Michael is gone but it had to happen eventually. Very well done ep in an excellent season.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Michael gone? Mitch, this is SGA, SG1 rehash . Don't cry, the will use the Ba'al maneuver so all will be good in lala land .

***hands Mitch a tissue ***

Comment

1. Like the remote control cars.

2. Was surprised to see Teyla taken out so quickly...

3...untill I found that Michael had clearly used the stun tech first seen in the Midway bowling ball.

4. Michael did go a little bit Evil Overlord though...

5. And the writers were hanging a lantern on a few too many things.

6. But then Michael went bye-bye rather nicely...

And this ep seriously rocked! Best of the season!
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I love prodigal that was the best ep. I want to watch it again .
                Todd: There is much about wraith that you do not know.

Comment

Great episode, for once the minions were quite smart (well except the one looking for Teyla at the end), but the fight at the end on top of the balcony was rather corny (although so are all fights on to of anything really tall).
                  LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
                  Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
                  99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                    I LOVED this ep! I've been a Michael fan since the beginning. I didn't know spoilers for "Michael" so I was completely sucked in - had no idea he was a Wraith until the big reveal. I adored that the writers didn't ignore the massive mistake Atlantis made with creating him - showing us here and there the havoc he was wreaking. And we get closure. Bravo!

Good stuff:
                    * Ronon and Woolsey together - I thought there was no odder couple than McKay and Ronon, but I was wrong. Woolsey is so different from Ronon that I laugh when they're in the same room. "Was I there?" "I saw you. You're hard to miss." *dies*

* the small note that Kanaan was off-world visiting the other Athosians. A nice line to explain his absence but to also clue us in on what happened to the rest of their people

* Sheppard and McKay with the cars - I have so much love for these scenes! Words cannot describe. It highlights what makes them friends - the snark, the competition, the geekiness. Seriously, how many other Air Force pilots are hanging out with physicists racing toy cars? *cracks up*

* Michael - he's just so diabolical and he totally thinks it's justified. As others have said, he is a being with free will. He has chosen a path of murder and vengeance.

* Lorne - always good to see him

* Zelenka - LOVE him. His glee at Rodney almost calling it a stun bubble then at Sheppard making Rodney go with him to the underwater bay was fantastic.

* Sheppard and McKay with the jumper - hilarious banter and a tremendous scene with the handshake. LOVED that. Here's to many more suicide missions.

* WHUMP!! Okay, I'm a card-carrying Shep whumper, but that's not actually what I'm referring to. So many times the bad guy attacks and hardly anyone gets hurt. Ronon gets tossed from the control room and STAYS DOWN, almost getting his throat cut except for some fortunate timing by Zelenka (go Radek!). Woolsey tumbles down a flight of stairs and hurts his arm and has a nasty cut/bruise on his head. Lorne hits the stun bubble and goes down (and stays down). Michael kicks the crap out of Sheppard (SQUEE! Oops, sorry). As a hybrid, he should be a lot stronger than Sheppard. After all the one Ronon was fighting almost took Ronon down. Fighting results in injuries. I hate it when that's swept under the rug.

* Banks! You go, girl! Gets the door open, saves Ronon's butt with kickboxing. Gotta love that.

* TEYLA!!!! It's so good to see you. I've missed you terribly. And not just your shining face but your spunky attitude. You saved John's tail rather decidely and helped Michael off that ledge. Glad you're back.

* the ending - NICELY DONE. Another Ronon-Woolsey scene. I love that Ronon inspires Woolsey. Jason Momoa did a great job with showing being pleased at the compliment while sounding gruff. And that mission report. Bwahahaha! More words than I thought. Then Sheppard and McKay with the cars again and Teyla laughing. *wallows in teaminess* Interesting to note that Torren finally slept through the night after Michael died. Coincidence?

I love Conner Trinneer so I'm sad to see him go, but I thought this a fitting ending to the arc. He got to wreak havoc again with good scenes with Ronon, Teyla, and Sheppard. He fought hard and he died hard. Much better ending than that of Kolya.

Remnants
                    Spoiler:
                    I can only hope that will be remedied next week. Can't wait to see Kolya again! And Shep whump! *dies*

After the past few mediocre eps, I am delighted to have this one. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Well done!!
                    All things mentioned here plus just a wishful note (couldn't help it), if Season 6 was a go, maybe we'll see some side story where Rodney or Radek proposes to add a shield for the control center because really, any more incursions like that can cause anyone gray hairs especially for the IOA.

Comment

Late ... but I watched this ... at last...

A few of my personal thoughts shall now follow:

* Ronon and mission reports -> not a good combination which the ending proofs. Exactly what I would have expected from him.

* BELGIAN FLAG & HEIGHTMEYER'S CORRIDOR (you know that part of the set that was also Kate's office on occasion)

* Rodney needs to work out more

* Michael looks mutilated.
                      He started out strong but weakened towards the end, and I don't mean that he begged for Teyla to join him like a lost little Wraith-Hybrid-puppy, but I mean that the character Michael weakened considerably in my eyes. He lost his identity.

* So, Amelia kicks ass now - interesting.

* I would have thought there'd be more Teyla-action and I am therefor disappointed that all she did was hold Torren and pretty much do nothing at all. I half hoped she'd hand the little critter to Woolsey and turn back to kick that hybrid's ass. But she didn't... ...there went all the action I had hoped to see.

* Rodney and John moment with the cars in the beginning and at the end - sweet!

* the hand-to-hand on top of the tower was just a little over the top for me, a little too cliché if you ask me (like Torren making a sound when Teyla is hiding - also very cliché - there was a spontaneous eye-roll even).

* Teyla eventually being the one to end Michael - very poetic - cold hard look as she kicks his hands. I must say she looked very much like Catwoman there (though I have no idea whether Catwoman would do something like that) - very Comic Book Heroine like if you will.

Overall, not a bad episode but it just missed something... I just can't put my finger on it. Not entirely convinced it was good enough for my liking. My sister said she recognized classic SGA but I'm not entirely convinced.

Maybe after I have seen it a few more times (at least 4 more times anyway) I may change that thinking but I doubt it - it was sorta disappointing. I had expected more. I was left hanging... *shrug*
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

FH, one year behind . HEHEH

Comment

amazing action. Loved it 9.99/10
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                            Err... I doubt there's much of anything left of Michael to cover. He either hit the city's hull, or he hit the ocean. And at the speed and distance, he probably got flattened like a pancake.
                            My friends and I on youtube would like to think that he got beamed out at the last second by his hybrids, like all the main characters do by the Daedalus. Then he could be alive. Yes, I know he hasn't done the best things in the universe, but I can kinda understand...

Comment

I'm not sure if someone has already mentioned this before, so apologies if they have, but I was just watching this episode and I noticed at the end Teyla talking about her son Torren saying:

"It's remarkable, he slept through the entire ordeal"

but earlier when Teyla was hiding and one of Michael's Hybrids passed by, Torren started crying!? I'm not a father so I wouldn't know but do babies cry in their sleep? Also if you look at Torren during this scene his eyes are open:

Woops!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Inconsistencies like that are inevitable - especially when you don't pay attention. I mean, such a line is easily fixable if you really want it to.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X