X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
    Why thank you very much!!
    Hi, BamBam!

I actually yelled out "ouch" when Ronon fell from the balcony, and "all right" when Teyla dispatched Michael.

Very brutal, realistic, intense fight scenes with Ronon/Michael, Bates/Michael Minion, Shep/Michael, Teyla/Michael. And Joel Goldsmith's music in that last fight sequence was like an extra scoop of hot fudge on a sundae.

Thanks to everyone involved -- and Thank You!

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
      Hi, BamBam!

I actually yelled out "ouch" when Ronon fell from the balcony, and "all right" when Teyla dispatched Michael.

Very brutal, realistic, intense fight scenes with Ronon/Michael, Bates/Michael Minion, Shep/Michael, Teyla/Michael. And Joel Goldsmith's music in that last fight sequence was like an extra scoop of hot fudge on a sundae.

Thanks to everyone involved -- and Thank You!
      I thought the same thing when I saw Ronon get thrown from the control room. It looked realastic in the effect that has to hurt. All the fight scenes were good but I really thought the Ronon/Michael fight was one of Stargates' best
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixKnght86 View Post
        I kinda wish they had shown someone covering up his body or at least a body covered up in the lab (I was hoping that was what Woosley was walking into when he was in the medical wing). I would have accepted that ending more than the happy go lucky gushing
        I think he fell in the ocean. There's no way to have retrived a body from that and even if he didn't he was probably a pancake.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
          I have just one question... where was Kanaan through all this? Are we to assume he was knocked out or just not on Atlantis?
          Teyla said he was off-world visiting their people.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixKnght86 View Post
            Why did Michael decide in the end to not keep his word when he had Teyla dead to rights? I don't get it.
            Because he never intended to shut off the self-destruct. He was too focused on revenge. He was just gonna get Teyla to come to him and possibly come with him, but never shut off the self-destruct.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              My ****ing connection ****ed up just as they stormed the control room and I didn't get it back until Teyla murdered Michael. Sods law in action.
              That was self-defense and justice. His hybrids were killed and he tried to steal another Puddle Jumper and fly out the roof but was stopped when Zelenka closed it. He climbed some sort of stairwell and ended up on a balcony near the top of the tower where he duked it out with Sheppard who was no match for him. Teyla intervened and knocked him off the tower and then kicked his hands so he'd fall to his death.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                His head, I assume.
                The prize was Ronon's death. He wanted to personally kill him. That's all that was.

Comment

Originally posted by Teslan View Post
                  FCOL! That was NOT the way to end it!! Aargh, I know all things must come to an end, but that was too soon. TPTB have absolutely no clue how to handle the baddies.

Good: What can I say? I’ve been a huge Michael fan since his first appearance, so I was looking forward to this episode as soon as I found out about it.
                  Michael-Ronon fight scene was over quickly but proved that the hybrids would doubtlessly rule the galaxy if their numbers were greater. Which is why I couldn’t understand why the Michael-Sheppard lasted so long.
                  Rodney proves Jackisms are contagious, FCOL!
                  The baby playing Torren was so cute, and I for one and glad they didn’t bump him off.

Spoiler:
                  If it had to happen, I guess I’m glad it was Teyla who got to do it; although once again we saw a main character make an action that would usually keep most people awake for at least a few nights. And as always, everyone acts like nothing happened. *sigh*

Bad:The end! The entire thing! Except for maybe the part with Ronon and Woolsey.
                  Eh I think the fight with Ronon only ended like that due to him being thrown off the balcony otherwise it probably would have gone on longer and Michael probably would have been killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddspecter View Post
                    Teyla kicking ass? That woman technician kicked ass! (don't know her name)
                    Ameila Banks. Teyla called her Ameila and Ronon called her Banks. Besides her name has been given in previous episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                      I was under the impression Michael thought Torren's abilities would be much stronger than Teyla's. That's why Michael wanted him.

As for Nelson's team, their fate was left to the imagination, but knowing Michael, they are very, very dead. He "convinced" the team in Vengeance to radio Weir and give her false information. I'm sure he was equally persuasive here. He either turned them into hybrids where they have to do his biddiing or gave his pet Iratus bugs a snack.

I didn't see hesitation in Teyla. I saw deliberateness. She slowly kicked his hands away, looking in his eyes. She knew exactly what she was doing - killing the being responsible for so much pain and death in the galaxy, for her personally as well as for all the other worlds (which she had been recently reminded of in "Inquisition"). She promised in "Missing" that she would make whoever took her people pay. She kept that promise.

Why would the ship explode because half was severed? Are you thinking that if the power cells had been in the front half the severed circuits would have overloaded?

I think the power cells/drive/whatever must have been in the back for it to have shut down so quickly (no sparks, etc).

My understanding was the jumper was powering the systems Michael had running. Once that power was cut, the systems it was operating went off.

At first, I thought he was just going to slit Ronon's throat, but I like your idea much better.
                      I agree with everything. I think he was just going to slit Ronon's throat and the Jumper was powering everything Michael was doing so that's why the self destruct stopped, he said he wanted power switched back only a split second before they left so the self-destruct would continue and the team wouldn't get the chance to disarm it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                        Excellent episode! I loved it!

Nice intro where Woolsey was asking Ronon about why he never writes mission reports. I always wondered if he wrote any. I figured he couldn't write/type - at least in English. "I'm not good at talking..." was great!

McKay and Sheppard racing the toy cars was nice. I'm surprised that McKay knew about car maintenance.

I noticed that they rearranged the event order slightly again like in other episodes but at least it was only that one scene.

I wonder what Michael learned from the jumper about Atlantis. How did he get a team's IDC and have it still be valid?

The stun bubble was a lot of like the AR field from the jumper in "Lifeline" but Michael was smart enough to put the access points in an up and down path instead of left-right that way, nobody could just run through and wake up after a while. Did anyone else notice that?

Michael was really pissed at Teyla. Did he really take a DNA sample of Torren or was he just lying?

I wish they mentioned how Michael managed to fly the jumper without the ATA gene? Or did he make a gene therapy as well? I always thought the ATA gene sensitivity in Ancient technology not only activated in the presence of the gene, but also rejected the Wraith, I guess the Ancients weren't smart enough to block the Wraith with the ATA gene. Or maybe since Michael is a hybrid, that wouldn't apply.

So Banks can fight, cool! Another thing I like about her. So, is Ronon into fighting women?

Michael's fight with Ronon was cool, I figured it would take place at the end of the episode though. Ronon got pushed off of that balcony, I was figuring he'd do that to Michael.

Nice to see McKay trying to fix something in a hurry again, especially considering it's the last season.

I forgot about the underwater jumper bay, it's good Sheppard thought of it.

McKay never fixed the jumpers! Hillarious! I figured we'd wind up with a scenario of one jumper has parts and the other has power.

Michael wanting to blow up Atlantis, how very evil. I figured he was lying when he was trying to coax Teyla out into the open, I like how she managed to call his bluff without exposing herself. Did Michael not know about the internal sensors or did they not have power?

I liked the plan of dialing the gate to desintegrate the back half of the jumper! The look on Michael's face was priceless! Why was the jumper bay roof open to begin with? Or did Michael do it?

I was wondering at first why Michael wanted the gate shield up at first, I guess that was why. Where was he intending on flying to? Why was there a door that opens up into the outside? I figured Michael was going to try and push Sheppard off, Telya went after him as well. That was a scary fight on top of the tower, I noticed that was the same wall that they used for Sheppard's climb in "Quarantine" - the fight was cool! I'm glad Teyla was the one who killed Michael by having him fall off of the edge of the tower and die. I hope he's really dead this time as it was a fitting end considering Michael's relations with Teyla.

The Ronon-Woolsey scene at the end was great! He made a report anyway! A very short and funny one that is.

McKay and Sheppard at the car racing again. Funny, Sheppard cheated.

Vala,
                        I think Michael probably forced Beckett to give him the gene therapy or one of his hybrids had the gene. I knew he was lying about the self-destruct, that was obvious. I think that was some kind of balcony near the top of the tower and that's what I refer to it as. The roof may just be left open for convience purposes but a better question is where he would go once he got out as a Jumper has no hyperdrive and the only Stargate is in Atlantis.

Comment

I'd love to know why Tayla just clutched her baby to her chest and talked to Michael instead of putting the baby down and kicking the $#@ out of him as she should have. She could've taken him out in five seconds, but no! I don't understand. She had plenty of opportunity to put the baby down and still take Michael out when his back was turned. (sigh)

Comment

i think the only thing predictible about the ronon/michael fight was, how they set up the shot you just KNEW that someone was going over. It was cool that it was ronon...cause you knew that michael wasn't gonna die with 20 minutes left.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well yeah, anybody could die now. I'm still pissed off about Tayla's actions though. She should be kicked off the team... I'm acting like this is real, and that's embarrassing. She should be kicked off the team because her priorities have been compromised.

Comment

Being reply 165 it's hard to be original, but I have something!

This entire mess was Woolsey's fault and the repercussions should be severe.

The off world team is early and unresponsive, just transmitting the IDC. Woolsey knows this is a problem since he is a stickler for the book. This is where he gets impatient and in an 'aw screw it' moment, allowed the defenses dropped and which makes him personally responsible for any deaths, injuries and damage which resulted. As he would say, he violated protocol!

Mr. Woolsey! Report to the gate. You have a date with an IOA review board on Earth!

Great ep!

Comment

Working...
                                X